Jo's Juddd diary 2012

Thanks Allison, its still early days and I sometimes can 'forget' he has actually gone, things like this make me realise he has gone and that makes me sad, the Bench will be lovely though x

Oh blinkin eck, I have come down with a cold, me and my little one have both got coughs and runny noses bleugh :( I have a busy day again today , so will try to catch up with everyone later but in the meantime I hope you all have a wonderful day whether it be UP or DD.
My daily weigh in showed a 3 lb gain this morning which I know is only food weight etc not fat but I have been the same weight every weds for the last 3 weeks, although I am very happey my trend is downwards I think maybe a bit of tweaking is in order, DD today as usual but am thinking of not eating tomorrow until about 6pm when I would normally have my supper anyway, I don't know if thats going to be possible for me but will give it a go, if I can't mange nothing I will just have something light, my aim is to have an 'UP' where i don't gain over a 1lb which in theory should give me a better loss on sat and get me away from the same numbers IYSWIM, don't get me wrong I am really happy with the way its all going I am just tinkering , it may not even have the effect I am hoping for, we will see, anyway off to take some paracetamol see you all later x

Sat 12 7lbs official weigh in
Sun 12 10lbs gain of 3lbs after UP
Mon 12 11lbs gain of 1lb after UP
Tues 12 8lbs loss of 3lbs after DD
Wed 12 11 lbs gain of 3lbs after UP (need to try and curb my UP gains)

Last edited:
Morning Jo -

I hope you feel better soon.

Morning Mel x Hope you have a lovely day :)

bajoleth said:
Morning Mel x Hope you have a lovely day :)

Thanks!!! Going... Down.... Down.... Down....

I'm thinking about working out with my carpet cleaner ASAP. See what you've started!!!!

Colds. bleurgh. Hope you and little one feel better soon.

Oh, poor you and your little one! Though having a cold probably explains the Wednesday STS so I don't know that I'd read too much into it - you'd almost certainly retaining water, not fat!

Hugs :hug99:

Morning hun, the bench sound lovely :)

Boooo to the colds im full of one too

Have a good day xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello Lovely Jo!

Oh no to the colds :( I really hope that you feel better soon!

The UP day pattern is a good idea too :) hope that you're ok and that you have a good day despite being I'll!

Ruth
X

Afternoon all, just back from town with my Mum, it went OK :) I was talking over my diet with her and she suggested that I need to find out how many cals I can eat without gaining which of course makes sense, so DD today as usual which will just be my milk allowance unless I have something later which I doubt. Then tomorrow I am going to limit myself to 1500 I know this is too low but I have to start somewhere, fri DD Then sat and sun UP as normal, then depending on weigh in results I will adjust my weekday UPs to a level where I can hopefully STS or just gain a lb another experiment, boy we like our experiments here don't we lol x

Afternoon all, just back from town with my Mum, it went OK :) I was talking over my diet with her and she suggested that I need to find out how many cals I can eat without gaining which of course makes sense, so DD today as usual which will just be my milk allowance unless I have something later which I doubt. Then tomorrow I am going to limit myself to 1500 I know this is too low but I have to start somewhere, fri DD Then sat and sun UP as normal, then depending on weigh in results I will adjust my weekday UPs to a level where I can hopefully STS or just gain a lb another experiment, boy we like our experiments here don't we lol x

Glad that everything went ok with your Mum!!!

I am doing something similar re experiments for next week! 2/4 of my UPs are going to be IDs and im going low carb on my UPs! It will be interesting to see what it does! This plan is all about finding out what works for us and we are lucky that we can tweak it as much as we like!
I did an ID yesterday (unplanned) instead of an UP and I didn't gain any weight!!!!

MAD!

Hope you're ok!

Ruth
x

How many cals did you have yesterday Ruth?? Well done on the sts thats what I am aiming for, looks like OH did you a favour after all, though your dinner did sound yummy x
Don't worry Ruth just been on your experiment thread to find out, really hope you see a loss tomorow hun x

Last edited:
How many cals did you have yesterday Ruth?? Well done on the sts thats what I am aiming for, looks like OH did you a favour after all, though your dinner did sound yummy x

I had 1234 calories lol!!!

My dinner did sound lovely but I really wasn't hungry for it at all!!! So im really chuffed that I didn't eat it!!

Ruth
x

Thank Jo I hope I see one too!

I can't describe how good I am feeling at the minute its so odd! I just feel great- I always wonder why I put weight back on when I know how good this feels!

Its odd really!!!

Ruth
x

I think its partly because you are not deprived, you can still eat your favourite foods, go out for a few drinks with friends, things which are possible on other diets but you have to fail on that particular diet to enable you to do them, the great thing about Juddd is that it gives you permission to have a life and to enjoy it whilst losing or in the long term maintaining x

I think its partly because you are not deprived, you can still eat your favourite foods, go out for a few drinks with friends, things which are possible on other diets but you have to fail on that particular diet to enable you to do them, the great thing about Juddd is that it gives you permission to have a life and to enjoy it whilst losing or in the long term maintaining x

I think thats definitely it!!
It makes us happy and its easy- so many diet plans are ridiculously difficult to follow and you get so fed up and upset with it that its not worth it after a while- thats when I used to give up!!! I have no idea why I didn't find this sooner- Its mad!!!

Ruth
x

Right planning ahead for tomorrow and using up stuff I already have in the cupboard I am thinking
BFast
2egg ham and mushroom ommlette 250 cals
Lunch
Pasta snack pot creamy cheese 170 cals and a crusty wholemeal roll 200 = 370 cals
Milk allowance 150 cals
Totalling 770 cals leaving me 730 for a healthy supper not sure what yet something with Chicken as I have some in the fridge x

I am useless at IM days so I am not telling myself its an IM day just a usefull experiment :D

Oh blinkin eck, I have come down with a cold, me and my little one have both got coughs and runny noses bleugh :( I have a busy day again today , so will try to catch up with everyone later but in the meantime I hope you all have a wonderful day whether it be UP or DD.
My daily weigh in showed a 3 lb gain this morning which I know is only food weight etc not fat but I have been the same weight every weds for the last 3 weeks, although I am very happey my trend is downwards I think maybe a bit of tweaking is in order, DD today as usual but am thinking of not eating tomorrow until about 6pm when I would normally have my supper anyway, I don't know if thats going to be possible for me but will give it a go, if I can't mange nothing I will just have something light, my aim is to have an 'UP' where i don't gain over a 1lb which in theory should give me a better loss on sat and get me away from the same numbers IYSWIM, don't get me wrong I am really happy with the way its all going I am just tinkering , it may not even have the effect I am hoping for, we will see, anyway off to take some paracetamol see you all later x

Sat 12 7lbs official weigh in
Sun 12 10lbs gain of 3lbs after UP
Mon 12 11lbs gain of 1lb after UP
Tues 12 8lbs loss of 3lbs after DD
Wed 12 11 lbs gain of 3lbs after UP (need to try and curb my UP gains)

Um... :confused: Please please don't take offence at what I'm about to write. But I really don't get why you feel you need to do this. If you hadn't lost weight for several weeks, then I'd happily agree it was the right thing to do. But you've been losing a steady pound a week. You've spotted from doing daily weigh ins that your weight bounces up several pounds after up days. Of course it does. You eat a lot more on UDs. But the weight change has to be due to water. It's not fat increase - if it was, it wouldn't come straight back off again. I honestly don't get why you feel a need to find a way of reducing the up day bounce up. That's going to be practically impossible to do, because the water weight is merely associated with increased bulk and carb and salt intake on an UD. It seems that you've convinced yourself that eating fewer calories on an UD is going to speed up your weight loss - whereas in all likelihood, it's just as likely to slow it down. In reducing to 1500 calories on an UD you are in effect only taking in an average of 800 calories a day.

Weeks where you stay the same happen on every diet, even VLCDs like Cambridge. STSs often have nothing to do with calorie intake. They usually have nothing to do with whether you've lost fat. On a calorie restricted diet you will lose fat (and most likely a bit of muscle) and varying amounts of water. The water variations are the most unpredictable of the lot. I really really don't think you need to mess about with your calorie intake at the moment. That's your 'diet head' talking. You're doing fine doing what you're doing. Messing about with it is more likely to mess with your results - and definitely your head.

Why are you trying to fix something that isn't broken?

Back