Jo's Juddd diary 2012

I feel a bit silly now for having a panic, I feel exactly like you and the reason I have been on this diet for so long without ever feeling the need to go over my DD allowance is because of my UPs, I jeapordise everything if I feel like I am dieting on my UPs too, I have said what you have just said to so many people because its so true, will try to keep my UPs in check but I am going to stop daily weighing and stressing out x I have been anticipating failing before I have actually failed !!!!

That sounds just like me Jo. If I restrict too much on up days I go completely off the rails! Do whatever works x

Hope you're ok Jo!

I agree with Pingu just do whatever works :)

Your doing fabulously!

Ruth
X

bajoleth said:
I feel a bit silly now for having a panic, I feel exactly like you and the reason I have been on this diet for so long without ever feeling the need to go over my DD allowance is because of my UPs, I jeapordise everything if I feel like I am dieting on my UPs too, I have said what you have just said to so many people because its so true, will try to keep my UPs in check but I am going to stop daily weighing and stressing out x I have been anticipating failing before I have actually failed !!!!

It's so easy to do - and I've done it to myself many times. That's why I recognised the signs!

Weight loss isn't linear. It doesn't come off in neat chunks every week (oh, if only :sigh:). Hundreds of different things affect whether we lose, from stress to insulin response to food sensitivities to temperature to illness.... I won't go on - you already know this. It's not always obvious why we're not losing weight and we tend to find something to blame without having any evidence that what we're blaming is actually the cause. Doing Cambridge taught me that.

You can do a whole week of 450 calories a day and lose nothing come weigh day. But that doesn't mean you're not losing fat, it means your body is compensating for something by holding on to water. Yet you'll find people on the Cambridge forum saying things like, oh it must've been because I had bars, or because I didn't drink enough water... The truth is, no one really knows - but that person will blame something, do that something differently then have a great loss the next week and think it's because they did something differently. Nope. The great loss is because they've lost the water weight they should've lost last week together with this week's normal loss.

I've seen it a hundred times. :) and it doesn't stop there. That person then recommends to the next person who hasn't lost as much as they hoped one week that they do what they did. It becomes infectious.

The thing is, you can't spot a trend or identify a reason on the basis of one week's results. But we're all in such a hurry to lose weight - me included - that we love the idea that if we did something differently we'll reach the finishing line quicker. Sadly, it rarely works like that and instead, the change we thought would be a positive one tips us off the wagon instead.

Ah, dieting. One day, I'm going to write a book about it. :)

Lily said:
Ah, dieting. One day, I'm going to write a book about it. :)

You could and I'd buy it!

Hiya Jo :)

Hope you're feeling a bit more positive!!

You really are doing great :)

Have a lovely day!!!

I'd buy it too Lily of wisdom!

Ruth
X

Thanks again all x and Lily you are so right and we know it we make the same mistakes time and time again aaaagh. I don't understand why I had a panic when it wasn't even as though I had a sts I was just anticipating one what and eeejit :p I am happy with a 1lb a week loss as I am in it for the long haul ;)
Anyway I know I said I wasn't going to daily weigh but I got on this morning sorry, I know the gains don't affect me usually as I know they are part of the process anyway I feel even more foolish now because I am down a staggering 6lbs since yesterday 6lbs !!!! I got on and off 3 times I couldn't believe it, that would be an overall loss of 2lbs if that was my official weight but will wait till sat to see if thats still the case all the same thats the lowest I have seen on the scales on Juddd so I am def a happy bunny, will just carry on as I have been and when the stall happens which I accept it will then I will do my 2000 or 1800 cal allowance. Thank you all again you really are the best, hope you all have a lovely day and I am going to try and catch up on all your diaries as I didn't get round to it yesterday as I was too busy having a mini meltdown :rolleyes:

6lbs!!! Must have been all that worrying, that did it. Very well done, you must be over the moon this morning.

OMG - magic scales!!! You must have been retaining a ton of water. Whoop!!!

Way to go!!!

Sorry Ruth... Jo is this week's JUDDD's Biggest Loser!!!

image-3076569206.jpg

Well done, for settling done. I've got enough diet stress for us all so you can just relax and enjoy x

Ahhh well done hun thats brilliant!! xx

woohoo well done looks like the whooshie water fairy popped by last night.xx

OMG - magic scales!!! You must have been retaining a ton of water. Whoop!!!

Way to go!!!

Sorry Ruth... Jo is this week's JUDDD's Biggest Loser!!!

View attachment 56140
Its not my official weight loss its just after yesterdays DD but its the most I have ever lost overnight before just when I thought my body was getting used to juddding, So Ruthie is still this weeks biggest loser xx Well more good news my dress arrived and I tried it on this morning and I can't believe it but its fits can do the zip right up and all, its a little snug but I fI were wearing it this weekend I would be happy to wear it if you see what I mean and I didn't have my slimming body suit on, so hopefully when I have lost a few more pounds by september I will love it, could do with losing my bigo wings and some tummy but I am super duper pleased, a size 14 from a shop that come up small in jmy experience and it fits, I am on :character00100: today. Here are a few pics for you, sorry I couldn't get a pic of all of me I just couldn't do it so its various bits of me lol.
064.jpg065.jpg066.jpg067.jpg

Attachments

• 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 97
That is such a beautiful dress!!! And it looks great, well done xxx

That is such. Beautiful dress! And it looks great, well done you x

You're really pretty Jo I love your hair- theres no way you have that many kids!!!!

Ruth
x

Back