Jo's Juddd diary 2012

Have you weighed in today yet? I'm on pins in anticipatin of your loss :eek:
I have indeed 11 11 this morning so 1lb loss after DD no 2 , my body is scarily reliable on its gains and losses ?

Morning Jo, WIs looking good, I have tried having controlled days inbetween my UPs, but it doesn't make any difference, am thinking the swing between the calories isn't enough, so this week I am having an uncounted UP day today and see what happens on this weeks WI.... have a good controlled UP day... xx
Morning Linda, I havent managed a controlled UP day yet Linda, I am useless at them , but I gained 3lbs on my weds UP last week so need to try and avoid that much gain this week, I think in the book it states at least a 1000 cal swing so I am aiming for 1500 today but if I achieve that it will be a miracle lol
Menu so far looks like this

2 chocolate filled brioche 130 each = 260 cals - so yummy and I felt naughty but I ususally use 500 cals for brekkie so not naughty at all lol
1/2 pot skinny soup slice wholemeal = 250 cals
WW chicken piri piri = 340 cals new out large portion and really yummy
Milk allowance = 150 cals
Treat thinking of a Magnum will add on later x

Daily weights
sat 11 10 official weight
Sun -----
Mon 12 1 up 5lbs after 2 UPs
Tues 11 12 3lbs down after DD no 1
Weds 11 11 1lb down after DD no 2
Thurs

I tried a controlled up yesterday but it's hard as now I'm feeling hungry and wish I'd let myself have a treat! Your food sounds yummy, I would sell my left arm for a magnum today! No such luck as it is day one of DDDs! Hope you enjoy your up x

I feel more hungry on 1st day of a double but much better on the 2nd ? Try and have something warming you won't feel as hungry then, controlled UPs are def not my thing so today is a real test for me, but I thought if I have some low cals meals I can have more ? I still have cals to play with so will prob have something when I make the kids tea and then my WW meal a little later and of course my Magnum and be within 1600 cals. I am really curious to see what it will do to my weight, as I know I gain after every UP and lose after every DD I suppose I am hoping that I will STS after a controlled UP which would be fabby but its finding the amount where its enough of a swing and enough to refuel. I do love an experiment lol

I'm thinking that how much you gain from an UD is not from the cals itself but from the amount of food you eat, or rather the heaviness of that food. It makes sense as some of it will be sitting in your belly still the next morning when you weigh... this proved so true on Saturday for me, I had an Indian take away and a lot of beer quite late in the evening (10 ish), I gained around 2.5lbs. Whereas on Sunday, my last meal although was a McDonalds and therefore high in cals, I had it around 6 so it had a bit of time to leave my belly (if you know what I mean).... on Monday I actually lost weight! So controlling the amount of food you eat rather than the cals on an UD might help? Although its hard to eat high cal that doesnt weigh much? Or even maybe just eating your last meal earlier than usual?

I have homemade soup and low cal hot choc during down days as I find it really helps. Liked the sound of the skinny soup you had as well. I am kind of seeing it as overall calories for the week so eventually it should have an impact on my official wi days, even if wi is after an up day.

okay so final menu is
Chocolate filled brioche x 2 , 1/2 pot of butternut squash 2 slices of wholemeal toast with scraping of buter, WW piri piri chicken, milk allowance and a Magnum Total of 1500 cals, feeling stuffed after my lunch so I think I will manage to keep it at that x
@scarlett def agree that the gain after UP is mostly food weight I always eat late on UP days because me and OH eat when the kids are settled . He is afternoon this week so will be having my tea at an earlier time x

Final menu sounds fab
I'd kill for a magnum
Couldn't get a white Magnum for love nor money grrrr so am having one of those fancy cornettos instead, it really is a treat as I don't feel hungry at all x

Ooo white magnum! I really used to like the magum golds but don't think they sell them anymore boo!

Have a good day today Jo X

really enjoyed my Cornetto enigma but would have preferred a Magnum, must get organised next time . @hanatta. I know its mad isn't it but the good thing is I can organise my week knowing how I can recover from UP s etc. Well the good news is I sts after yesterdays controlled UP day so know I just need to lose 1lb after each DD to see a loss x

Daily weights
sat 11 10 official weight
Sun -----
Mon 12 1 up 5lbs after 2 UPs
Tues 11 12 3lbs down after DD no 1
Weds 11 11 1lb down after DD no 2
Thurs 11 11 STS after controlled UP just under 1600 cals
Fri

Last edited:
bajoleth said:
really enjoyed my Cornetto enigma but would have preferred a Magnum, must get organised next time . @hanatta. I know its mad isn't it but the good thing is I can organise my week knowing how I can recover from UP s etc. Well the good news is I sts after yesterdays controlled UP day so know I just need to lose 1lb after each DD to see a loss x

Omg well done that's a feat in itself. Still for a double today/tomorrow? Xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Morning Jo!

Yay to STS!

Morning Jo, well done on your STS this morning..... must admit I am more a cornetto girl than a magnum one.... lol

I managed a 0.2lb rise after my UP UP day so really pleased with that... I am sure you can lose 1lb after each DD, I think we are all going to record a loss this week.... woohooo!!!

Omg well done that's a feat in itself. Still for a double today/tomorrow? Xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins
Thanks really pleased with a sts as todays DD will not be mopping up after yesterday just hopefully losing officially , fingers crossed anyway, yep will still be doing the double, I honestly don't find them hard and now I have found skinny soups and morrisons fresh soups I am enjoying my food on my DD s x

Thanks Mel x
Oh lets hope so Linda, that would be fantastic x

Menu for today
milk allowance 150 cals
Chocolate filled brioche 130 cals
1/2 pot Aztec skinny soup 90 cals
1 slice thick Hovis, scaping butter 150 cals
Total 520 cals

Food sounds great, I agree a lot with soup! I am making a catch every wknd and having it at lunch time every day. Means I can have dinner in the eve as I don't use milk.

Well done on your controlled up yesterday it will be worth it on wi day!

Back