Jo's Simply Filling Food Diary

Yeah I wish I didn't feel the need to snack! I dont need it, just want it!

Very good work thedemondogs. I also find that when I plan my meals properly I don't tend to snack very much, or at least I can keep the snacking 0 P stuff like fruit and veg mainly.

The Arabian lentil and brown rice soup sounds really interesting, do you have a recipe for it? It sounds like exactly the sort of thing I would like for lunch.

Cheers for the recipe. Looks good and a really convenient store cupboard ingredients list. I love looking through vegan food blogs for some inspiration, I am not even vegetarian, let alone vegan, but I try to eat vegan for at least a few meals during the week.

Wow another link to a fab recipe, thanks for sharing the love! I wanted to say thanks for the notdog too :D :thankyou:

That soup looks amazing definitely need to try that soon :) x

thedemonpigs said:
Cooked fruit/fruit blended in a smoothie do I have to point ? I know I would have on SW but not sure about WWs :confused:

No!

That is a NOM-worthy day of food :) Where is my dinner invite?? It all sounds like stuff I love. Was your fallafel burger homemade? I have made them several times using various combinations of cooked or uncooked soaked chickpeas but can never get the texture *quite* right. Unfortunately thats probably due to not deep frying them rather than my combination of ingredients.

I am about to take full advantage of the cooked/ tinned fruit freeness and have a dessert of tinned peaches rather succumbing to my dark desires for a wispa...

If you have got any rose essence or ginger its lovely added to the rhubarb while stewing. And kaffir lime leaves. Somehow they go really well with rhubarb and rose water.

The burgers were home made but nothing like shop bought ones but they are really filling and I love chickpeas, will type the recipe up if you would like it.

I am loving tinned fruit as I am not keen on 'fresh' fruit but could eat tinned pineapple everyday, I like nearly all veg though. Never though of adding ginger to the rhubarb will try that, haven't got round to picking it yet.

Just making a curry for dinner tonight and I can't wait, I could eat curry every day given the chance :D

Yes, me too. I love curries and I could probably also eat a different one every day of the week. Unfortunately OH doesn't quite share my love. He has developed a tolerance to curry, but that means it tends to only feature for one dinner a week. Although veg or pulse curries for lunch is often an option.

If thats ok I would love the chickpea burger recipe, sounds like something I would definitely do.

My tinned peaches were a bit disappointing to be honest last night. Tinned blackcurrants and raspberries are really nice in sugar free jelly or with 0% greek yogurt sweetened with splenda and vanilla paste. I prefer fresh pineapple to tinned, I really like that sweet sour acidity you get from fresh stuff. It does make my lips swell up sometimes though which is a bit worrying!

When is your weigh in? It sounds like you have done really well this week.

Its so cool on ww to have stewed fruit, tinned fruit, fruit smoothies isnt it :)

My weigh in was Tuesday forgot to say I lost 1.5lbs which is about normal for me, I usually lose slow but steady which I prefer.

The recipe is a made up one, you take one tin of chickpeas or equivalent of fresh boiled, 1 small onion or half a large onion, garlic to your taste (I love garlic) and one egg, put all this in a mini chopper or food processor and blitz to a paste so it looks like houmous, empty this into a bowl them grate in 2 carrots, half a courgette and anything else left in your veg box (I put half a parsnip in the last batch), then add spice/herbs to your tasting (I usually added loads of curry powder and chilli), mix well, if too wet grate more veg in, then shape into burgers or falafals, burgers I usually cook for about 40 mins at Gas 5 and falafels for about 25mins.

My husband doesn't like curries too hot so I end up making 2 separate ones!

When I was on SW I used to make smoothies and not syn them as my logic was surely a smoothie packed with fruit is better than a chocolate bar.

I am quite into sugar free jelly at the moment so might pop greengrocers and get some raspberries.

YESTERDAYS FOOD

Breakfast

Houmous on toast 2pts

Lunch

Cottage cheese, coleslaw and salad wrap
Ringos 2 pts

Dinner

Tofu, green bean and mushroom curry
Brown rice
Jelly

Well done on your loss this week :) Slow and steady wins the race - he he!

Well done on this loss, 1.5lbs is great. The tofu curry sounds very nice. That was what we were meant to have for dinner last night but OH decided that he wanted to take me out for dinner as I had had a crappy week. Somehow I managed to stick to plan and have stuff which was free on SF, so probably tofu curry tonight instead. Unless OH comes up with another reason why we should eat something else. Anyone would think he was trying to avoid it...

Back