Journey back to 2012

thenewnat

Even in 2012 I still wasn't happy with my weight, and right now I'd give anything to be back there. I was a size 12 at the time and still wanted to be a size 8 like all the other girls in my class.

Wish I could have appreciated my body back then for the healthy weight I was instead of wanting to achieve something I naturally wasn't.

When I went to university the pounds seemed to gain themselves. At first eating rubbish was fine with the moderate exercise I did in various societies, but in year 3 I moved further away from uni and it got harder to go to campus and join in, so I stopped with the physical exercise almost completely.

4 years after leaving and I've just kept gaining. I've stopped and started slimming world a couple of times now, even once losing a stone, I was doing it before lockdown hit, though hadn't got very far.

Now I have decided it is time to get somewhere, one lb off at a time. Holding myself accountable on here and updating weekly will hopefully be the push I need.

Seeing others succeed and persevere on these forums is truly inspirational and I can't wait to join the ranks 😊

I'm starting weigh in on Monday morning 9am on 1st June 2020 and hope that maybe in a year I will have achieved that 11 stone I'm looking for.

Wishing you good luck on your journey. I weigh in on a Monday as well. I decided to do that back when I started in January to try and force myself to stick to plan over the weekend, but now we’re in lockdown I barely know what day of the week it is!
Thank you! God it really is so hard to keep track of the days like this. Good to hear you've been on here since January :) One of the things I was worried about was that this site might not have too many active users, but have been having a look at the threads you linked me and seems like there's lots going on.

Look forward to following your progress as well!

Thank you! God it really is so hard to keep track of the days like this. Good to hear you've been on here since January :) One of the things I was worried about was that this site might not have too many active users, but have been having a look at the threads you linked me and seems like there's lots going on.

Look forward to following your progress as well!
I didn’t join here until the end of January and it was fairly quiet but it has really picked up over the last couple of months. It’s not hugely busy but there’s a core of active and very supportive people. You’ll soon settle in. All the links I sent are active threads and you’ll soon be able to explore for yourself from there.

Last edited:
Hi! Looking forward to seeing your journey x

Hi @thenewnat!
Welcome! I've just come back after a long absence.😁 I first started here SEVEN years ago after restarting SW- just to see if could do it without going to group - and I did!
I just didn't stick with it when things got tough. So am giving it another go.

Good luck! Will be rooting you on!

Hi @thenewnat!
Welcome! I've just come back after a long absence.😁 I first started here SEVEN years ago after restarting SW- just to see if could do it without going to group - and I did!
I just didn't stick with it when things got tough. So am giving it another go.

Good luck! Will be rooting you on!
Wow well done :) that's great to hear it worked and you've come back here again! I am used to group and being held accountable but if I do it on here that should still keep me going - that's the hope anyway.

Thank you for the support! It really will help keep me motivated to get those results.

So I weighed in this morning at 16st 10.5lbs

I'm not super disappointed but this is a lb heavier than yesterday. Although I did weigh in at a different time so that may make a difference.

I also completed an 18 minute run (was meant to be a full 20mins) on the couch to 5k app. Boy is it tough when you're out of shape! But considering 4 weeks ago I was struggling to run for 1 minute 30 I think I'm doing pretty well.

Every little helps.

So I weighed in this morning at 16st 10.5lbs

I'm not super disappointed but this is a lb heavier than yesterday. Although I did weigh in at a different time so that may make a difference.

I also completed an 18 minute run (was meant to be a full 20mins) on the couch to 5k app. Boy is it tough when you're out of shape! But considering 4 weeks ago I was struggling to run for 1 minute 30 I think I'm doing pretty well.

Every little helps.
Well done! I’m doing my 20 min run tomorrow. Think it’s amazing how quickly we can build the minutes up. If you’d asked me 4 weeks ago to run for 20 mins, I would said no way

Well done! I’m doing my 20 min run tomorrow. Think it’s amazing how quickly we can build the minutes up. If you’d asked me 4 weeks ago to run for 20 mins, I would said no way
I know it's amazing right! Feel like the body gets used to it before the mind does. I think the couch to 5k app is a really great way to get into fitness and would recommend it to anyone!

Week 2 Update:

3lbs down, am at 16stone 7.5lbs now. Earlier in the week I was 4.5lbs down, but mum made coffee cake and that had serious effect on my waistline. While i'm good at controlling portions I cook for myself, when my mum cooks she makes too much food, and because it's on my plate I'll eat it.

One thing I won't be teaching my kids is to finish their plates if they're full, because it has had a negative effect on me. I don't pause to consider whether or not I'm satisfied, I just carry on because I don't want to be wasteful.

BIG mistake. Cost me that 1.5lbs.

Anyway, learning for next week

Last edited:
Week 2 Update:

3lbs down, am at 16stone 7.5lbs now. Earlier in the week I was 4.5lbs down, but mum made coffee cake and that had serious affect on my waistline. While i'm good at controlling portions I cook for myself, when my mum cooks she makes too much food, and because it's on my plate I'll eat it.

One thing I won't be teaching my kids is to finish their plates if they're full, because it has had a negative effect on me. I don't pause to consider whether or not I'm satisfied, I just carry on because I don't want to be wasteful.

BIG mistake. Cost me that 1.5lbs.

Anyway, learning for next week
Well done, 3 lbs is still at great loss. Managed my first 25min run this morning 😬 I just kept going until then and not sure I was in full control 🤔🤣

Well done, 3 lbs is still at great loss. Managed my first 25min run this morning 😬 I just kept going until then and not sure I was in full control 🤔🤣
Thank you:)

Wow that's amazing! I'm nervous to do it today, 25mins seems like a lot...

I did manage the 10 minute interval session two days before but it seems harder when its all in one go.

Thank you:)

Wow that's amazing! I'm nervous to do it today, 25mins seems like a lot...

I did manage the 10 minute interval session two days before but it seems harder when its all in one go.
It was hard but I just kept going😂😂 not sure I knew how to stop. First 5 mins was hardest! I've done it twice before but stopped after 2x10mins both times so really pleased with myself.
Still amazed I'm actually "running" for 25mins

It was hard but I just kept going😂😂 not sure I knew how to stop. First 5 mins was hardest! I've done it twice before but stopped after 2x10mins both times so really pleased with myself.
Still amazed I'm actually "running" for 25mins
Just completed the 25 minutes and wow am amazed I kept going! Was tempted to stop around the 20 minute mark but somehow pushed through! 😁

Back