Journey back to goal

Jenny_b

Gold Member
Hi all,

thought I’d make a new diary as I’m in a different place than when I started my last diary. I started the last one just after Kaelan was born, he’s 2.5years now. I had 6 stone to shift and hated my body.
this time I only have 2 stone to shift and tbh feel quite good about my body, it’s just a bit bigger than I’d like.

after having my son, I lost 6stone in just under a year, I felt great and treated myself to a mini tummy tuck and an arm lift as had saggy skin in those areas. Don’t think I’ve ever felt so good about my body. I was at goal for around a year before getting pregnant with baby number 5. My precious baby is now almost 4 weeks old. I’m around a stone down and ready to tackle the rest of the weight in order to be feeling good again.

I had a csection so can’t get back to normal exercise just yet as still getting pain. In a couple of weeks I’ll be doing weights at home and more walking.

my best friend is currently on a ventilator with covid 19, I’m trying not to let the emotional eater side of me win and eat everything in sight due to feeling sad about this. I’ve already had a week of eating badly. So trying my best to stay healthy.

I’m doing SlimmingWorld again as feel it’s the best plan for me.

my size 12s fit me when I get in the 12 stone bracket so only 10.5lbs until most my clothes fit again.Positive about lockdown is that I’m living in pjs a lot lol.

I’d planned to take time off work due to having my baby and wasn’t planning on going out for a good while as can’t drive for 6 weeks after surgery, so far lockdown hasn’t been too bad for me.

I’m going to meal plan daily, bit more difficult with hubby doing the shopping but I’ll manage.

I’d love to be back at goal by August 1st, that means 2lb per week loss which is totally doable if I stick to it.

I’m really competitive so currently in a challenge with a good friend, it’s the first one to lose 10% of their body weight. I’m 6lbs down so far, 14lbs to go and I’ll win 😂

plan for today, stick to planned food, don’t go over syns, aim for 5000 steps (anymore and my wound hurts😥) drink at least 2l of water.

I’ll try and update daily and weigh once a week x x

Congratulations Jenny the baby is the cutest thing ever and you look amazing. Im so sorry to hear about your friend, it really is a very difficult and strange time for us all and a time when many of us just feel helpless.
You seem to have great motivation though.

Congratulations Jenny the baby is the cutest thing ever and you look amazing. Im so sorry to hear about your friend, it really is a very difficult and strange time for us all and a time when many of us just feel helpless.
You seem to have great motivation though.

thank you 😘 she’s such a lovely baby.
No change with my friend, 16th day being ventilated now 😥
Hope you’re doing well x x

after starting my diary, I had a bad few days eating. Didn’t help that it was my sons birthday so cake, treats etc. I got back on plan yesterday. Weighed and only 1lb up so not too bad.
Im feeling motivated and determined to stick to it. Planned food for today. I’d planned on going for a walk but the weather looks rubbish and I can’t go without Skylar as she feeds often.
I’ve been doing at least 5k steps a day, think I’ll try and up it a little now and see how my tummy is, hopefully manage without pain.
I think I need to remember how good I felt at goal, maybe stick some pictures on fridge lol

have a good day x x

My beautiful baby 🥰💗

Attachments

• A81EF202-B39D-44AF-A84F-DFE5B48131AA.jpeg
    A81EF202-B39D-44AF-A84F-DFE5B48131AA.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • 2080E5C5-BD2A-429E-B86F-F349F3DB4846.jpeg
    2080E5C5-BD2A-429E-B86F-F349F3DB4846.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
It's understandable you have had a couple of days off. You had a baby not long ago and have to celebrate your sons birthday with him and the rest of the family.

You were doing well before so it won't be long before you can focus properly on losing weight and getting fit.

Skylar is gorgeous. Take it easy.:)

I’ve had a full day totally on plan 😀 feels good to focus on eating well. Managed 6k steps with minimal pain. Won’t push it further than that for a few days as don’t want to put recovery back.

Skylar is unsettled tonight, keep waking and crying which isn’t like her.

I’m planning on staying off the scales until May 1st, fingers crossed a few lbs off by then.

x x

Hope your not to tired from Skylar waking you through the night.

I'm sure by May 1st you will have loss a few lbs. Good luck not stepping on scales. I try to only do it once a week..:)

Hope your not to tired from Skylar waking you through the night.

I'm sure by May 1st you will have loss a few lbs. Good luck not stepping on scales. I try to only do it once a week..:)

thanks Mary, she’s been sleeping quite well for a few nights, wakes for a couple of mins to feed and straight back to sleep, fingers crossed it continues.

not weighed for a few days so going well, only a week to go. I’ll be really happy with 3lb off. Hope you’re well x x

That is good Skylar is sleeping for you.
Your doing well not to step on those scales.
I love being at home but I'm beginning to find it boring now. I have things to do but shops are closed and don't want to order to much online. Want to be able to support local shops when this is all over. And I can't just lie out in the sun.

How are you coping with all your family at home?

That is good Skylar is sleeping for you.
Your doing well not to step on those scales.
I love being at home but I'm beginning to find it boring now. I have things to do but shops are closed and don't want to order to much online. Want to be able to support local shops when this is all over. And I can't just lie out in the sun.

How are you coping with all your family at home?

so far so good being at home. I love family time with my husband and kids so I really can’t complain. We’ve been doing the garden this week, looks so much better already, hopefully finished by tomorrow. We’ve been going for a walk daily, think it’s a good idea to get our the house, even if it’s just 10 mins. Kaelan loves it, I take him in the pushchair as don’t fancy running after him with Skylar in the wrap, every time we come to a new road, he point and decides what way to go lol.

I heard that school might be restarting June 1st, although this time with the kids has mainly been lovely, it will be nice to get back into routine and have some quality time with Skylar.

how are you managing eating well at home? It’s so easy to fall off plan and have 20 snacks a day 😂

x x

I’d been walking 7-8000 a day, few days ago I had a really busy day and walked 15000, I’m really paying for it now with my bad knee. I can’t walk down the stairs properly so it’s both feet on each step. I’m getting pain with every step so going to try and rest as much as possible today. I really didn’t think my knee would be a problem with extra steps, before I was pregnant I’d do 20000 most days and it would be fine. Maybe the extra weight contributed.

Skylar will be 6 weeks old on Monday, the weeks are flying. Hoping my knee is better by then as I’m starting exercise, not just walking. I have a rower, weights, multigym so I have no excuse. Think if I plan what exercise I’m doing on what days, I’m more likely to stick to it. As well as getting back to target, I’d also like to gain some muscle, not bodybuilder style lol, but probably more than the average woman.

weigh in only a week away, fingers crossed 🤞 I’ve mainly stuck to plan, had the odd day where I’ve gone over syns but mainly pretty good. I was 193 when I last weighed, hoping to be 189 on may 1st x x

I was doing well then processed foods and snacks crept in so the last week or so I have been on the salads and don't snack so much.
I keep on about needing to build up my arm muscles but that is as far as it's got. Waiting for shops to open as I want to buy a boxing pedestal bag. Not an inflatable one but one that is padded with foam.

I was doing well then processed foods and snacks crept in so the last week or so I have been on the salads and don't snack so much.
I keep on about needing to build up my arm muscles but that is as far as it's got. Waiting for shops to open as I want to buy a boxing pedestal bag. Not an inflatable one but one that is padded with foam.
Its so easily done in this situation. Glad you’re back on track 💪 well done x x

I’ve had a really good day on plan. Looking forward to weighing on the 1st may. I’ve set a goal to lose 10lbs during May. I’m going to do my best to be on plan the whole month and exercise lots. A full month being on plan should get me a 10lb loss hopefully 🤞 I’d be in the next stone bracket down then.

x x

Up early today. It’s my daughters 16th birthday, can’t believe I have a 16year old 😱

after Birthday celebrations and cake, I’m planning on doing some weights.
I fell over 2 days ago and really hurt my foot, so weights will be limited to sitting down, I can still work my arms though. I had an arm lift last year, sadly with pregnancy weight gain, arms aren’t as tight as they were after surgery so I want to work on them.

only 5 days until weigh in. Lasting the whole of May will be difficult, I might ask hubby to hide scales lol x x

I caved and weighed today, 191 so that’s half a stone down this month. Still a few days to go so hoping for another lb 🤞
I’m going to be on it during May 💪 my scales record muscle so it will interesting to see if there’s a difference with exercising daily x x

I’ve had another great day on plan today, walked 13000 steps, didn’t think I’d be able to do many as foot sore but managed with minimal pain. I did 20 push ups, 20 squats, kettlebell exercises and stretches. In bed now and feel really good, my body is a bit sore but if it wasn’t I’d be questioning if I’d done enough.
I’ve planned food for tomorrow. I feel really excited about getting fit, strong and back to my goal weight.

only 9.5lbs from 12s, that’s my next goal. Hopefully I’ll achieve it by June 1st, only 35 days away.

hoping to have another good day tomorrow.

goodnight x x

Good morning, feel good and motivated again today. My eye is on the 12s, although not my final goal, I’ve always felt pretty good about my body when I get in the 12s. I no longer feel fat.

forgot to post about dinner last night, so it was my daughters birthday, gave her the choice, she choose takeaway pizza. I ordered it for the rest of my family, put sw curry in microwave when the pizza was 15 mins away. I felt really proud of myself as pizza always means a gain for me, I was eating my curry when the pizza arrived and wasn’t tempted one bit.

looking forward to feeling good again tonight at bedtime knowing that I’ve been on plan and exercised today.

have a great day and make it count

Back