Journey of Dietscovery!!

R

I often struggle with this type of diet WW is the same with unlimited fruit. Although many many people do lose a lot of weight in them so clearly they do work. I just couldn't get to grips with a diet that suggested eating Muller lights as a free food (although I understand that has now changed) they are full of sugar. And allowing 2 of those Hifi bars as a HEb every day if u wanted and mug shots used to be free. They say it's encouraging a lot of people to cook from scratch but I don't think so as so much convenience food seems to be free or low syned. I'm glad u are intelligent though and able to adapt the plan to suit you and your health.
Thank You, have had no fruit today at all, had lots of salad and vegetables, and a few nibbles here and there, will just keep reviewing what is working and adapting accordingly. Hope all is going well for you too.

Hi all, have not posted for quite a few days, to be honest, I really had nothing to say. WI today lost 2lbs. Had a fairly good week but did stumble a bit over the weekend, so went to WI today hoping I would lose something, so quite happy with the loss. Did not go off that much and had a very low carb and sugar week. Got my half stone certificate, somehow I should be really happy but not feeling anything at all, just thinking another 6 weeks until my big event and the pressure feels a bit overwhelming. have a fundraising event this weekend and a catch up my friend mid October and then my birthday, all involving meals and drinks, so will do a few syn free days before and after.

On a different note can anyone tell me how to update my ticker, have searched everywhere it seems to just show how to add it but not update it.

Hi all, have not posted for quite a few days, to be honest, I really had nothing to say. WI today lost 2lbs. Had a fairly good week but did stumble a bit over the weekend, so went to WI today hoping I would lose something, so quite happy with the loss. Did not go off that much and had a very low carb and sugar week. Got my half stone certificate, somehow I should be really happy but not feeling anything at all, just thinking another 6 weeks until my big event and the pressure feels a bit overwhelming. have a fundraising event this weekend and a catch up my friend mid October and then my birthday, all involving meals and drinks, so will do a few syn free days before and after.

On a different note can anyone tell me how to update my ticker, have searched everywhere it seems to just show how to add it but not update it.
Oh managed to update the ticker!!!

So this is going into my 5th week on SW plan, 7.5lbs in 4 weeks, not quite 2 lbs a week, at this point I normally lose motivation but I keep thinking if I stop now I will be sitting typing this time next year probably a lot more heavier than I am now. Have to keep reminding myself that slow and steady wins the race! Going to start incorporating a little more exercise over the coming weeks, was very lazy last week and did no exercise at all (I was not feeling great) and had no energy at all. This week I feel a lot better and had a walk today, on my way back I passed a few charity shops and went in a tried a few things on, that was motivation enough to continue when saw myself in those horrible full length mirrors!!!!!!

"Reflection is Reality"

So this is going into my 5th week on SW plan, 7.5lbs in 4 weeks, not quite 2 lbs a week, at this point I normally lose motivation but I keep thinking if I stop now I will be sitting typing this time next year probably a lot more heavier than I am now. Have to keep reminding myself that slow and steady wins the race! Going to start incorporating a little more exercise over the coming weeks, was very lazy last week and did no exercise at all (I was not feeling great) and had no energy at all. This week I feel a lot better and had a walk today, on my way back I passed a few charity shops and went in a tried a few things on, that was motivation enough to continue when saw myself in those horrible full length mirrors!!!!!!

"Reflection is Reality"

Please do not give up. Your doing great considering you were floored with a flu. Glad you have recovered and come out the other end feeling good. Just stick with what you are doing and you will keep seeing results. Just keep chipping away bit by bit and you'll get there in the end x

Please do not give up. Your doing great considering you were floored with a flu. Glad you have recovered and come out the other end feeling good. Just stick with what you are doing and you will keep seeing results. Just keep chipping away bit by bit and you'll get there in the end x
Thank You I will keep going, have no other choice, the alternative is just to pile on more and more, just need to get a bit more active, that is all.

So WI tonight lost 1.5lbs, a total of 9lbs to date. Getting there slowly, stayed for class tonight and set myself a target of 2lbs for this week. I am on target for my initial goal of going down a dress size (1 stone) by mid November for my Black Tie Event. Hoping to lose a little bit more than that but I am keeping it real. Thankfully this is the first week in last month where I have nothing on socially so should stay on the right lane this week.

So tried on my dress again tonight, but with all the accessories for my Black Tie event. I felt fabulous like a million dollars, my family all said I looked great, although I have not lost as much as I thought I would have at this point they have all said they have noticed a difference. This has made me even more motivated, WI tomorrow and have another few before my event so hopefully will feel even better than I do today.

At last a nice positive post!!!! :):):):):):):):)

It's Friday!!! Had a night out last night, 3 course meal and wine!! Feel a bit hungover today and that's when the plan goes out the window. But heading out to shops to buy some salads and also going to make a big pot of vegetable soup for over the weekend I am hoping I can recoup some of the plan back before my WI on Tuesday. Have a healthy weekend everyone. ;););)

WI today another 1 lb, a total of 11 lbs now. Was hoping for a little bit more as had worked very hard this week and at weekend was at sisters house and everyone around me eating, drinking etc and I stuck to my vegetable soup and salads. Feels like it is going to take forever to get to my goal, but I am still here, still fighting, still motivated! Is my birthday today so had a takeaway and some cake earlier with a few glasses of wine, could have gone to 100 but curb it a little. Hoping this week will be good, have 3 more weeks until the little black dress comes out, getting closer and I am getting nervous.

So when I decided to try and shift some weight it was mainly for an event in a few weeks time, I have had a lots of up and downs since I started but the way I have changed my eating has been a revelation to me and have been very proud of myself, but even with all that I have lost a total of 11 lbs, the last 2 weeks has been a 1lb each week, I feel like it has been a lot of hard work for minimal rewards. When I have started a plan in the past I have usually given up by now, and last week I was certainly very close to going back of my old ways. Last week was particularly tough, had a bit of self sabotage, withdrew myself from following the plan as thought what is the point as seem to be getting nowhere fast. I really thought at this late stage in the game I would have had a much bigger loss. I have 3 weeks left now to achieve my initial goal of 1 stone (which was more than a realistic goal at the start). It really is not helping when my weight loss companion follows the plan here and there but is getting the same or more losses.

I have spent the last few days thinking what else can I do? Do I have a very slow metabolism? Is getting older a factor? Is the plan right for me? Am I working as hard as I can? Do i need to be more active? Or all of the above? I think I am in panic/stress mode now and feel like I have failed in some way. This negative thinking has overwhelmed me in the last week (this is my usual cycle) where I can go pretty low. I re-joined here because in the past it was very inspiring and empowering, but not really getting anything from it this time, feel like i am talking to myself and no one is listening and I am now using it as a personal journal to release my thoughts and feelings. This may be my last post, as expressing how one is feeling via a public forum seems a bit over indulgent. Have another WI tomorrow which after the week I have had expectations are pretty low.

Uch misty I am sorry to read this and am sorry that you are feeling this way. We all feel like this sometimes, I always feel his way after a while which is why I have been fat my whole life.

It's difficult when you see others be more successful but remember that we are not all the same. Some people lose more quickly than others but you also have to remember that it is a marathon and not a race. If you hadn't been doing what you have been doing you would still be those 11lbs heavier or even more if you hadn't been mindful of what you are eating.

A 1lb a week loss is great. It's what they say is the healthy amount to lose per week so what u are doing is working. So what if it takes u a wee bit longer to get there if u give up now you'll only regret it and go back to square one and before u know it the summer will be here and you'll feel crap about yourself again. Please do not give up. By all means if u feel u want to try something else explore other diets/options but please don't give up.
I do feel this forum is a bit quiet right enough and often wonder sometimes if I should even bother with my diary BUT you know what I read yours I might not always have time to reply but I am here and I am reading.

Chin up lovely. You are doing AMAZINGLY well please don't undo all ur hard work

Big hugs xx

Sorry was just how I was feeling when writing that earlier, have had a horrendous week personally and emotionally, family fall outs, it was my birthday too coinciding with my WI day and with a small loss and not having a not so great birthday just went into a very negative space which lasted until the weekend, have been on track for the last few days in the hope that I do not gain anything tomorrow. Went out earlier for a walk and bought pile of food so I am organised for the next few days, carrying the food home as a workout in itself!!

Thank You so much for your words of encouragement, I can not give up now only have a few weeks until my event so need to stick to it even just to maintain! interesting enough my weight at the moment is the same as my start weight when on the plan a few years back. so there is a positive spin!!

I so hope all is going well for you, will pop by your posts in a while, off to make some vegetable soup and salad!!!

Onwards and Upwards for us both :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry was just how I was feeling when writing that earlier, have had a horrendous week personally and emotionally, family fall outs, it was my birthday too coinciding with my WI day and with a small loss and not having a not so great birthday just went into a very negative space which lasted until the weekend, have been on track for the last few days in the hope that I do not gain anything tomorrow. Went out earlier for a walk and bought pile of food so I am organised for the next few days, carrying the food home as a workout in itself!!

Thank You so much for your words of encouragement, I can not give up now only have a few weeks until my event so need to stick to it even just to maintain! interesting enough my weight at the moment is the same as my start weight when on the plan a few years back. so there is a positive spin!!

I so hope all is going well for you, will pop by your posts in a while, off to make some vegetable soup and salad!!!

Onwards and Upwards for us both :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Glad to hear you've perked up a bit. I'm at a point now where I'm feeling picky and that I want to just pick pick pick at things and basically just eat lol! It happens to us all but this morning I feel quite hungry but lunchtime soon so trying with all my might not to eat before lunch.

Have u a nice dress to wear for ur event?

Glad to hear you've perked up a bit. I'm at a point now where I'm feeling picky and that I want to just pick pick pick at things and basically just eat lol! It happens to us all but this morning I feel quite hungry but lunchtime soon so trying with all my might not to eat before lunch.

Have u a nice dress to wear for ur event?

Yes hence the post title. When I started my initial goal was to get down 1 dress size for the event, I put that at 1 stone. I genuinely thought it was so achievable so perhaps that is why I have been so disappointed. I have a beautiful, glamorous long black dress, it is the type that can fit quite nicely but it can also show up lumps and bumps so when I first tried it on it fitted but just wanted to feel a little bit more comfortable in it. I did try it on a few weeks ago for my family with all the accessories and they all thought I looked wonderful, that did give me such a boost and made more determined to continue with the plan even though I have had a not so good week. I still have 3 lbs more to go and 3 weeks to do it, so have to be realistic based on my loss so far and should be happy with a 1 lb for the next 3 weeks. Have booked to get my hair and makeup done for the day so if all that does not make me feel happy and confident nothing ever will lol.

My niece, for my birthday trying to inspire and empower me bought me a top a size smaller, but also a money box in the style of a champagne bottle which says "Dreams start with Small Change" and gave me 11 pounds to put in it to represent my weight loss so far. Now I am going to put the equivalent money in it each week and will then smash it to bits when I reach my ultimate goal!!!

I have found that I will pick when I am hungry and have no meals planned. A few times after my WI I have stopped at local shop for convenience and grab something not so good because was not that organised, I recognise these triggers now I am trying to be more organised.

Thank you again for your care and we will both get there and will be proud!!!

So WI today and gained 1.5 lbs. Bit shocked by that, had one or two bad days but the last 4 have been brilliant, the mind boggles, considering to lose 1 lb I have to work so hard, this is the one thing I can not get around my head with this plan, an awful lot of effort for small loses and the ease of putting on is so high. Considering I have gained less than a stone in 2 years and it takes a week to put a pound and half on. Am going to continue on my weight loss journey but perhaps not with this plan, so any suggestions would be more than helpful. Giving this plan one more week and will stick to it like glue, will write down everything I eat and any exercise and if I get another small lose next week then will think about calorie counting or another plan.

I am going to post everything I eat and drink for the next week and see if I am missing something or doing something wrong.

Back