Journey to a healthier life

Tarnyb

My name is Tanya and I started the Cambridge Diet on Thursday. I weighed in at 17st 4. I am 5 ft 7 and I am currently a size 18. I am on SS+ and I am finding it o.k but I absolutely hate the Porridges and soups but I love the shakes especially the choco mint yummmm

I have never been a slim girl and always been classed as the big girl. I am absolutely tired of being referred to as the big girl. I want to be able to look in the mirror and feel alive and love the skin I am in and not have to feel sorry for myself.

I am ready to live a healthier lifestyle. This is my journey to a better life and I really can't turn back. I mean I absolutely love food and I must admit its not going to be easy but I need to realise in order to be healthy and able to run up and down the park with my princess I will have to give up my devil treats and heavy West Indian meals. My Councillor says for my height I need to be a 7 stone lighter and I really cannot see myself at that point as I have never been a slim girl. I tell you something though I am putting my all into this. I am ready to be MEEEEE.

These 4 days have been hard and I have wanted to give up but I have not cheated as of yet. I have already checked the scales and its showing that I have lost 8IBS already. :D

I would ask if there is anyone who would like to be my buddy, for times when I am low I can count on for inspiration and we can boost each other.

To anyone that is just starting this is the journey to the rest of our lives.

Tarnyb said:
My name is Tanya and I started the Cambridge Diet on Thursday. I weighed in at 17st 4. I am 5 ft 7 and I am currently a size 18. I am on SS+ and I am finding it o.k but I absolutely hate the Porridges and soups but I love the shakes especially the choco mint yummmm

I have never been a slim girl and always been classed as the big girl. I am absolutely tired of being referred to as the big girl. I want to be able to look in the mirror and feel alive and love the skin I am in and not have to feel sorry for myself.

I am ready to live a healthier lifestyle. This is my journey to a better life and I really can't turn back. I mean I absolutely love food and I must admit its not going to be easy but I need to realise in order to be healthy and able to run up and down the park with my princess I will have to give up my devil treats and heavy West Indian meals. My Councillor says for my height I need to be a 7 stone lighter and I really cannot see myself at that point as I have never been a slim girl. I tell you something though I am putting my all into this. I am ready to be MEEEEE.

These 4 days have been hard and I have wanted to give up but I have not cheated as of yet. I have already checked the scales and its showing that I have lost 8IBS already. :D

I would ask if there is anyone who would like to be my buddy, for times when I am low I can count on for inspiration and we can boost each other.

To anyone that is just starting this is the journey to the rest of our lives.

Hello tarny I just started today I weigh 13.7 I had porridge this morning was horrid and made me almost throw up yuk! But going to try apple one tomorrow to make sure I don't like them ha ha I had chocolate shake for lunch was yummy ! Tonight I will try a soup hum hoping they better than porridge or I'm going hungry! Well done on doing diet 100% so far ! I'm keen and excited at moment and found day one easy but I under no illusion that tomorrow will be harder ! Stay strong! X

Hi tarny !
Today is my day 1 ! Did it 5 years ago and actually am at my heaviest ! I weigh 15.1 and am only 5ft 4 my bmi is 37.8 ! I have a long way to go again !
I had the porridge this morning apple and cinnamon and it is the most disgusting thing I have ever asked ! U could use it a wallpaper waste ! I have had 2 tetras today and 2 PTs of water !
Struggling now ! Could eat a scabby horde !! Lol

Lol well as for the porridges I will not be getting those again. I had a bit of a headache today but as I drank my 2 litres it went away. Feeling lighter today. I used to feel very heavy and clumpy. Well I am here for support if you need me. Weigh day on Thursday I can't wait

Hi, I'm also on day 1.
Done it once before, successfully and a couple unsuccessful. This time it's successful, cos I will make it be.

Slim for summer :) that's the plan x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Tarnyb said:
slimming deb what is your ideal weight

Um I'm not 100% sure but I have set goal of 10 stone I don't want to be too skinny but if I feel at 10 I want to lose more I'll aim for 9 and half . Oh I'm dreading my porridge tomorrow just the thought making me feel sick , on a plus note I'll think of them when I want chips and feel sick and not have them ha ha ! Looking forward to hearing your Thursday weigh in I'm here if you ever need a chat or moan x

Hello Tarnyb, i've never been slim or even average before :( the last time i fit in clothes that were normal size was when i was 4!
I have always been referred to as "you know that big girl". Would be nice for people to remember me for me and not my size.
Good luck on your journey and i look forward to reading about your progress xx

Hey tarny ,
Well I lost about 3.5 stone ! After my second I joined about 6 weeks after birth ! I wasn't breast feeding and didn't tell anyone ! I stuck to it like glue and even the sleepless nights didn't deter me ! But I have gained it over tge years . I have tried and tried but this will be my last and final attempt !
The porriges are grose ! The new Cambridge foods like chilli and pasta look nice ! Something to get excited about when I go up a stage in months to come !!!

Omg guys I just ate food omg I've already out of ketosis now I fallen at the first hurdle. I need 2 do this

Hello Tarnyb, i've never been slim or even average before :( the last time i fit in clothes that were normal size was when i was 4!
I have always been referred to as "you know that big girl". Would be nice for people to remember me for me and not my size.
Good luck on your journey and i look forward to reading about your progress xx

I had a bit of a set back yesterday but I am fully focussed. I refuse to be a big girl anymore. Heres to our successfull weightloss Yummy mummy

I am absolutely loving this site, they way it just gives you the drive to carry on. I am supposed to be at work but I am bloody glued this thing.

You all are helping me succeed. I could just kiss you all loooool x

Well I am absoultey ecstactic right now!

I went to see my counsellor and I have lost 11LBS. I am so happy and I couldn't believe it when she told me. I was expecting to of 6 which I would have been very happy with. I mean 11 wow I am 3LBS away from a stone. Yay.

I am telling you I am continuing this diet. Fatness is a thing of the past. Here is to my future. My journey has definetely begun!!!!!!

Tarnyb said:
Well I am absoultey ecstactic right now!

I went to see my counsellor and I have lost 11LBS. I am so happy and I couldn't believe it when she told me. I was expecting to of 6 which I would have been very happy with. I mean 11 wow I am 3LBS away from a stone. Yay.

I am telling you I am continuing this diet. Fatness is a thing of the past. Here is to my future. My journey has definetely begun!!!!!!

Well done on your great weight loss tarny keep up the good work your be at target in no time x

Tarnyb said:
Aww thanks Slimming Deb, How are you with your journey my lovely?

Yeah I'm on day 4 now and doing ok I can't complain at all as have not felt hungry or had headaches or anything during the week , my weigh in will be Monday so looking forward to it now, went to my CDC today up take back porridge and swap with shakes was not like porridge at all yuk ha ha you doing ok? X

Yeah I'm on day 4 now and doing ok I can't complain at all as have not felt hungry or had headaches or anything during the week , my weigh in will be Monday so looking forward to it now, went to my CDC today up take back porridge and swap with shakes was not like porridge at all yuk ha ha you doing ok? X

I did the exact same thing my love. The porridge tasted so off like they just rammed everything into the packet :eek:

I love the choco mint and banana. Have you tried making a muffin with your shakes. That helps when you feel like you want to cheat. I tastes just like a muffin darling try it

Tarnyb said:
I did the exact same thing my love. The porridge tasted so off like they just rammed everything into the packet :eek:

I love the choco mint and banana. Have you tried making a muffin with your shakes. That helps when you feel like you want to cheat. I tastes just like a muffin darling try it

Yeah I tried my best with porridge for four days I could not do it no more! A muffin? How what? Ha ha

Yes slimming deb a muffin.

what you do is get your milkshake add to big spoons of boiliing water. Stir it to thick a thick paste then in a microwable container/bowl put it in the microwave for a minute. If after a minute its still soggy put in for a further 10 secs and bobs your uncle.

Then you can have your din dins (soup)and afters (muffin/shake) :D

Back