Journey To A Healthier Me

Dinner was lovely last night.... Even managed to share a sundae best with the OH within calorie limit.

Busy day of jobs around the house today. Just had my run and feeling ready to go (Ill probably flake out after my shower instead).

Mfp recons that my run burnt me 300 calories, but im aware its not the most accurate measure...... Looking forward to my heart rate monitor to arrive through the post. I wonder how different it'll be.

Hi Lotty- which HRM did you get? I bought my first on at the weekend too- intrigued to see how the results differ from the estimates MFP throws up!

LOVE that you enjoyed a sundae in your calorie allowance- bet it tasted even better for that!!:D

I got a polar ft40. It was a little pricey, but I though if it gets me moving, its worth it. I like that it had a function that'll tell you whether your burning fat or improving fitness

Ive recently had to cancel my gym and health club membership and start running outside instead, due to not being able to justify £60 a month when we're ment to be saving for a mortgage.... So this was a conselation present to myself as I absolutly loved that gym and health club!

Oh sounds good, I am excited to give it a whirl. I hope the electrode thingymabob isn't too uncomfy/distracting!

Thats a shame re your fitness club - but running outside is AMAZING :D obviously for general fitness but I would argue it beats pretty much any gym based activity hands down for feeling more positive mentally. Have you been running long? Do you live somewhere with nice routes ?

Ive been trying on and off for a year or so. Its the only exercise I mildly enjoy (thats free and that I can do on my own). I've been trying to do the coach to 5k program, but cause I keep giving up I keep having to start all over again.

Yeah thats the best/worst thing about running- when you get into a routine like C25K you see results and improvement fast but as soon as I let it slip for a few days its like taking a humungous step back!

I do think it is absolutely amazing for weightloss and wellbeing, its such a good feeling coming in all windswept from a run with blood pumping and heart rate up. I have completed C25K but still use the app to motivate me on the long runs and I want to try using the early weeks for interval training. I really really need to try and work on my pace because my natural pace is wayyyy too fast for me and unsustainable so I am still very stop start.

BerryBerry said:
Yeah thats the best/worst thing about running- when you get into a routine like C25K you see results and improvement fast but as soon as I let it slip for a few days its like taking a humungous step back!

I do think it is absolutely amazing for weightloss and wellbeing, its such a good feeling coming in all windswept from a run with blood pumping and heart rate up. I have completed C25K but still use the app to motivate me on the long runs and I want to try using the early weeks for interval training. I really really need to try and work on my pace because my natural pace is wayyyy too fast for me and unsustainable so I am still very stop start.

Thanks berry. It just seems like im not getting anywhere with it. Ive done week one and week two and it nearly kills me.... I just cant seem to move on from them.

Im going by the fact that any exercise is good exercise, so even if I dont progress and I cant get to the point I consider my self "a runner" at least im getting off my backside and doing something!

BerryBerry said:
Hi Lotty- which HRM did you get? I bought my first on at the weekend too- intrigued to see how the results differ from the estimates MFP throws up!

Have you tried your monitor out yet? How did the calories burnt compare to mfp?

I got an email from amazon this morning, saying my delivery will be delay due to them not having it in stock, so I wont get it till late next week now..... Sad face :-( !

Hi Lotty- yep I tried it at Body Pump and on my walk/run yesterday. It actually wasn't massively out of kilter with MFP to be honest with you! I am still getting to grips with it, but I ran/walked about 7km yesterday and it said I burnt >500 calories, when I use MFP for 60mins of jogging at approx 5mph it gave me 501 calories so pretty similar!

Oh dear, oh dear..... Ive been a little of plan for a while. Ive been eating chocolate, mcdonalds, pizzas.....eeekk!

Struggling to get back on cause, having a few issues with motivation. I think about all the things I have too aim for and all the benefits of loosing wieght and it just means nothing to me :-(

Im currently sat here on my sofa in my dressing gown, ive got loads to do tonday including washing, food shopping, popping to the post office, cleaning the house plus im out with a friend this evening for dinner so have to make meself pretty. Aaaahhhh! Plus I should probably have a run at some point!

Hey Lotty- don't worry about the little deviation- just get back on track as soon as you can! We are here for motivational tidbits!! :D

Don't know if this is your thing at all- but I find making lists really helps me- both dietwise and just life in general when I have so much on I don't know where to start. I use the notes part on the iphone but a little paper pad works well to- its so good when you can strike something off as you go along! :D

Aaah went to harvester with friends last night as we were celebrating some news she had for us. Id planned what I was to eat..... salad with NO dressing, sea bass and baby potatoes..... It came to order and what comes out my mouth "steak and chips please"!!!!! With salad smothered in blue cheese sauce.... Gggrrrr! On the plus side I stayed away from the alcohol all night (even when we went to a bar afterwards).

Feeling focused this morning. Had my run this morning and got a salmon fillet and baked potato for tea this evening.

Hope everyones else is getting on ok.xxx

I'm a bit worried about Harvester as we go there a fair bit. I would normally have steak aswell.
I don't think steak and chips is too bad as long as you avoided the nasties in the salad bar. It covers all food groups and with salad is pretty balanced and the portions aren't too bad. As long as its an occasional treat don't beat yourself up about it.
I love the little white bread rolls with thick spread butter.

MissAmy said:
I'm a bit worried about Harvester as we go there a fair bit. I would normally have steak aswell.
I don't think steak and chips is too bad as long as you avoided the nasties in the salad bar. It covers all food groups and with salad is pretty balanced and the portions aren't too bad. As long as its an occasional treat don't beat yourself up about it.
I love the little white bread rolls with thick spread butter.

Approx 470cals for a 8oz rump steak and then 450cals for the chips!!!

They are good there as they have the calories on the menu, but you have to remember thats not including the chips or whatever potato you choose!

Back