Journey to a healthier me!

Wow Abstruse... your meal ideas are co creative!?! Where do you get all of your inspiration from!?

Enjoy the hike! Bet the scenery is beautiful! I live in the city and have my little treadmill lol! ;)

Hi Abtruse, glad you have found a plan that is working for you. Must admit never heard of people growing hair all over their bodies (apart from those with anorexia) so would love to know where that idea came from!! :eek:

Looking forward to sharing your menus :D

Yea the hair thing seemed weird to me and she had siad it was only if I planned to stay on the VLCD for a really long time- which with only 60 lbs to lose would not be that long I think?

Its hard seeing all the tickers going down while mine should now be up ( I was bad and got on the scale... have put it in the closet until next week) 5 lbs up from monday already :( But my dietician said it will take 2-3 weeks for my metabolism to rev back up and I can expect to gain until then.

But I am happy! I had 1 cup of Salmon for dinner with 1/2 cup of steamed Brocoli, 1/2 cup of mixed salad with 1/4 tbsp olive oil and doused in apple cider vinagrette, 1/2 cup of garlic mashed pototoes ( figured I would only have 1/2 cup as I was not how much cream and or butter where in there)

And yes it was yummy and yes I measured out my portions with the measuring cup! :) I felt like a dork. Its amazing how much food was actually on my plate that I sent home with one of my friends. Resturaunt portions are HUGE.

bigbluefurrymonster -

I used to be a trainings chef and personal chef. The last job I had was teaching demo classes for fine french cuisine. Lots of buttery food and lots of wine... lots of resturaunt openings wine and cheese tastings..... I suppose my inspirations come from what I like to eat. Curries, Thai, Mexican, Stirfrys, Italien.... I love love love trying new yummi foods! Its just balancing that love with portion controle. Cutting down from 2 bottles of wine a day to a glass of red (eventually) once an night.

I got my love of food from my Granny who at 86 is still 130 lbs and eats and eats and eats:) She also still walks 2 miles everyday- which in Europes pedestrain friendly way is much easier to do. (I am sure dizzy-n-mizzy will be getting some good walking in exploring the wonderful city of Berlin soon... have tons of fun on your trip!!!!!)

Speaking of walking.. todays hike went well. It was sunny and fairly warm out and yes BFBM the scenery is very pretty here. I live in the city as well and we had to drive 1 1/2 hour to get to the lake in the Mts. My legs are a little sore..a far cry from the days in my youth when I hiked the West Highland Way in Scotland... I was doing 10-15 miles every day with 50 lbs of backpack strapped to me over hills and Mts.

I would love to be in that kind of shape again and hope to hike Mt Jefferson next spring... not quite the 100 miles of the WHW... more like 20 miles over 3 days.... take it simple and slow. If today was any indication...very slow ;P

I will try to do a 3-5 mile hike once a week and stick to my 45 min cardio every day and four 30 min weight sessions.

OK almost time for last hot chocy shake.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night with much success on what ever journey you are taking on the raod to weight loss.

http://www.minimins.com/../members/bigbluefurrymonster.html

You sound very organised- and as if things are working out brilliantly! :) I drool over my keyboard every time I read ur meal plans lol

Mt Jefferson here we "you" come ;)

and just a quick question... what constitutes as one cup? how much does ur cup hold? any idea? cos I know I would find the biggest cup in my cupboard heehee!

Wow... and ur granny walking 2 miles a day at 86 that's impressive!

Good luck

BBFM
x

Yesterday went well- had a nice swim and then sat in the hot tub for nearly 30 mins as it was freezing outside and I did not want to get out. :)

Went to the Gym this morning and did my weights and 45 mins on the stair climber. I find doing my exercises first thing keeps me more energized and less likely to make excuses not to go :p Streanghtwise I have been working on general toning on my body but been doing tons of Glute work. I want to keep a nice big butt ( think J-lo)...hopefully it will just be a little firmer and less saggy than it is now! :)

bigbluefurrymonster-A cup is a cup... :) I use measuring cups and spoons to get exact amounts. Liquid cups and dry cups measurements vary slightly, but I just use the dry cup measures as they are soooooo close.

I have not been feeling at all hungry or full. I would say I am balanced. I eat and I feel satisfied, but bever get to the point where I feel starving befor I eat again. Its a rather nice feeling of control and is keeping me from even wanting to binge ( even though my portions seems so much smaller than what I have been used to eating in the past in fewer meals).

Yesterdays menu follows:

8am

the usual

10 am peanut chocholate bar

12 pm

Mediteranian soup-

1/2 cup quorn tenders
1/4 cup red beans
1/2 cup whole wheat past
1 cup mixed veg.. (onions,celery, peppers, garlic)
1/2 cup tined tomatoes
1/2 vegetarian low sodium stock cube

2 pm

BLT

Whole wheat bread
1/2 cup worn tenders
2 slices veggy bacon
1 cup tomatoe and micro greens

4 pm

Bannana shake

Thai salad

1 cup shiritaki noodles
1 cup chopped chicken tenders
1 cup cilantra grated carrot sprouts and scallions
1 tbls peanut sauce

8 pm

Hot chocholate shake

and today will look like this

usual breaky

fudge bar

whole wheat bread
4 slices fake ham
1 cup spinach tomato

mint chocky bar

1/2 cup rice
1 ( 1 cup with sauce )serving trader joes green curry tuna

seafood "pasta"

1 cup shiritaki noodles
1 cup wild scalops
1 cup mixed spinach, mushrooms, tomaote, garlic, onion
1 tbls olive oil mixed with seafood pasta dry season packet

hot chocky shake

I fianlly changed my ticker to take into account my new loss goals and weight increases.. weight is still going up- 8 1/2 lbs now. Better now than later. If I had done 100 days of ssing and then seen the weight creep on so fast I think I would have been more upset than I even am now. Most of what I am putting on right now is pure water and fat :(. Still going to give this 2-3 weeks for my body to balance out- It takes up to 4 weeks doing streanght training for real noticable results in body compostion. I suppose I should just stay off the scales... sometimes easier said than done! I am going to see the dietician again next week to retest my metabolism and see if I am in a healthier range.

More Haunted houses tonight!!!!!!! I adore haloween.... must keep avaoiding ALLLLLLLLLL that candy! :)

The scales have stayed put!!!!!!! numberwise anyway which is not the most important. Lost a little water weight, but still putting on fats and ( hopfully a little teeny tiny amount of muscle)

Today is haloween and lots to do so just a quick post with todays meals

usual

Vanilla shake

Baked fish tacos

2 organic corn tortillas ( the small ones the size of your hand... not the huge ones the size of your head!!! :p)
1 cup cabbage and tomotoes
1 cup baked halibut
2 teasoons full fat sour cream
lime juice
chipoltle spices
hot sauce

Hot chochy shake

mexican wrap

Whole wheat tortilla
4 Santa fe style fake chicken slices
1 cup cabbage
2 tbls salsa

(going to eat at one of my fave places befor a show tonight)

3 oz pepper steak
1 shrimp
1 cup asparagus
1/2 cup mashed garlic taters

Mint chocky bar ( to fight off the candy cravings!)

Hope everyone has a great Haloween!

Hi Abtruse,

That is great that you are doing so well and that the scales have stayed the same is a big success.

Love your food diary, it is brill.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Abtruse,

How are you getting on? Long time no see ...

bump. hello .....?

Back