Journey to a slimmer, happier & healthier me.

Mini~Mummy~2~B

Well I decided to finally do my own diary so I don’t fill the main page up with my boring comments, I can do it here instead lol.

So my story... I’m a married mum living in Leeds with two boys aged 4 and 7 and a 15 yr old step son. I’ve tried to lose weight my whole adult life, I have never weighed less than 14st 4lb as an adult. That was my all time lowest adult weight when doing low carb diet.

At the start of 2012 my older sister was diagnosed with early menopause. She was only 35 and her and her hubby had been trying a number of years for a desperately wanted baby. Her consultant told her that her best shot was with donor eggs. There was of course a waiting list for donor eggs so I offered to help by donating mine. The clinic had a policy of only accepting patients with a BMI of under 35 so I set to losing weight. My start weight was a whopping 17st 10lbs! I worked hard and by the time we started treatment I had got down to about 15st 7lbs. The donor nurse was more than happy to do the treatment at that weight, especially as I was only donating eggs and would not get pregnant.

Unfortunately the treatment didn’t work, I grew lots of folicles but they just didn’t get to the required size in sufficient time, so the cycle was cancelled. The consultant said that it wasn’t anything I had or hadn’t done as its always a shot in the dark as everyone responds differently. I was absolutely gutted and so was my sister although I know she tried to play it down!

My sister has a holiday booked in September and said she wanted a few months to just relax and not think about it so we would maybe do another cycle after her holiday. In the meantime I agreed with the nurse to lose some more weight as she said although the way I responded was not due to my weight, it certainly wouldn’t harm things to lose a couple of stone.

So I tried and failed to start a few diets and eventually went to the doctors. The doctor has said if I can lose some weight on my own first she would prescribe Xenical. So I decided to try Alli myself as it’s pretty much the same stuff just half strength. I could see how it worked for me and then get the Xenical from the docs when I wanted to.

And so far so good!! I lost 7lbs in my first week and 1lb in my second. 8lbs in 2 weeks is an excellent start, am very happy with that.

So this is my story and my journey to a slimmer, happier, healthier me will be logged in the pages to come. Thanks for reading my diary!

What a lovely thing to do for your sister & I wish you all the luck in the world, you are certainly doing well up to now, there is as much support & advice as you can handle on here honey xx

Back