Journey to my big, not so fat 30th birthday!

delbel

Well, here I go.

Bear with me until I get the hang of writing about myself, I get the feeling it won't come naturally to me!

As the post suggests, i'm 29, I'm "morbidly obese" and I'd love to get to a healthy weight before I hit thirty next July.

So I joined up to SW, I reckoned it was the only diet I havent tried yet, so why not? I can't deny, at the first meeting I was skeptical, come on you cannot eat bacon and eggs for breakfast and lose weight, can you?

Well off I went, and I did eat bacon and eggs, and slimming world chips and pasta, PASTA!!! yep I ate carbs and I had a night out and week 1 I lost 2lbs! Week 2 I ate all that tasty stuff again, minus the night out and lost 3.5lbs!

Now I'm approaching weigh in 3 and I just have to record this, I have to get out how great this is and how great I feel. But I know there will be tough days, so I need this to look back on and remember this great feeling. . .

A little bit about me then. I'm 29, I have 2 children and a lovely husband. I'm a nurse, hmmm what else, oh yeah I'm fat!!! I started SW at 15st12.5lbs. I've never been slim, being overweight has always defined me but since having my 2 children, it really has shot up. In fact, my 3 year old took a picture of me on my phone a few weeks back that was the most unflattering picture I have ever seen of myself, and believe me that is saying something! But it kind of hit home to me, thats how I look to her, from her 3ft tall view, that's who she's looking up to. Not the greatest role model.

So this is my new start. I will be proud of myself and I will be that role model I want to be to my children.

If you made it to the end of my ramble, thank you and I look forward to travelling on this journey with some new friends!

xxx

Hello :)
I just wanted to say hi and good luck.
I'm a bit older than you but know what you mean, I don't want to be fat at fifty ( shhh my kids think I'm 21!!)
I put weight on after my husband walked out last year and an determined to lose it, and a bit more!
I joined sw in June and have lost 1st 3 1/2lb.... On the whole fairly easily by altering the way I cook thinks, avoiding bread, cadburys choc and reducing my alcohol intake!
I would say, remember it's not a race, if you have a bad day, forget it and start again ASAP and you'll get lots of lovely support on here xx

Sent from my eye phone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Just wanted to say Hi too.
Well done on your losses so far. And good luck for your next weigh-in. xx

Just saying hi and I'm subbing. Good luck on your journey - great outlook so far. x

Hi everyone!

Lovely to have some replies. Thank you all for your encouragement, I think I'm gonna need it.

Had a great weekend, even stuck to plan while watching x factor, which I usually like to watch with wine, pizza, crisps etc etc!

I actually made some healthy slimming world snacks and swapped lovely wine for vanilla vodka and diet coke.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, weigh in for me tomorrow so I'm really hoping for a loss.

xxx

Good luck for weigh in today :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back again!

Well I had my weigh in on Monday and I have to admit, I was abit gutted to have only lost half a pound! I was so good! Anywayyys I have given myself a good talking to, its still a loss and its still going in the right direction. I find it hard, but really helpful, to step back and look at the bigger picture sometimes. When I did, it occurred to me that right now, I am at my lowest weight Ihave been since I had my youngest 5 months ago. That really kicked me out of my grump!

And after all, its a marathon, not a sprint. So I'm back to positive thoughts only!

I'm having major munchies today, but I have totally stuck to plan. Bacon eggs and tomatoes for brekky, jacket pot with cottage cheese andmsalad for lunch. Planning a lovely veg curry for dinner to use up the veg I've had a little too long! I still felt hungry so I had 2 bananas wth fat free yoghurt on and 2 alpen light as my hex B.

I hope everyone is having a great week so far.

xxx

Back again!

Well I had my weigh in on Monday and I have to admit, I was abit gutted to have only lost half a pound! I was so good! Anywayyys I have given myself a good talking to, its still a loss and its still going in the right direction. I find it hard, but really helpful, to step back and look at the bigger picture sometimes. When I did, it occurred to me that right now, I am at my lowest weight Ihave been since I had my youngest 5 months ago. That really kicked me out of my grump!

And after all, its a marathon, not a sprint. So I'm back to positive thoughts only!

I'm having major munchies today, but I have totally stuck to plan. Bacon eggs and tomatoes for brekky, jacket pot with cottage cheese andmsalad for lunch. Planning a lovely veg curry for dinner to use up the veg I've had a little too long! I still felt hungry so I had 2 bananas wth fat free yoghurt on and 2 alpen light as my hex B.

I hope everyone is having a great week so far.

xxx

Hi
I was so sure that I typed out a reply to this! I really must not have pressed submit! Silly me.
Being at your lowest weight since you had your little one is fantastic. Keep at it...you're doing so well!
Yes positive thinking all round :)
Hope things with baby have eased up and that you are having a good week.xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey! I'm back, finally!

Its been a funny old few weeks, family etc. But I'm pleased to report that I haven't fallen off the wagon, yay!
I have had losses, even though they were small, each week. And all of the small losses are slowly building up and I've now lost 11.5lbs. I'd love to get to my 1st stone at weigh in tomorrow but that would need a 2.5 loss, and I never seem to lose big numbers!

I have a party coming up on Friday, I went to buy a dress yesterday. Found a lovely one and the lady said they come up small so you might need the size up from your usual, so I took an 18 and a 20- the 20 was way too big amd the 18 fit lovely, happy days!!! So friday night will definitely be requiring flexi syns!!,

Hope everyone has great weigh ins this week, looking forward to catching up.

Adele

x

Well I had my weigh in last night, 2lbs off! Im happy with that (even though another half a pound would have got me my 1 stone award!)

So its the party friday night, but I have pre-ordered, salad for starter, turkey and veg for main, and cheese selection for dessert. Not too bad hopefully! But it will be the alcohol that catches me out. Anywho, I am going to allow myself 50 flexi syns so that I can draw a line under it on Saturday morning.

I am doing well today, felt a bit emaotional after doing infant school selection for my little girl, I really wanted to comfort myself with some choccy, but I resisted, thinking of the lovely food on Friday!

Hope everyone else is doing well and having a good week so far.

TTFN!!!!

Adele

Ax

Thank you!

Well I'm having a good week food wise, but haven't done a minute of exercise this week!! I was supposed to go swimming tonight but the cold cold weather put me off!! Back to it tomorrow and plenty of dancing at the party Friday night ?

I had lovely home made turkey burgers for tea tonight, from the budget family feasts book, with savoury rice and salad. It was delicious. I can honestly say I've never eaten as well as what I have since starting slimming world, I love it.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Adele
x

Thank you!

Well I'm having a good week food wise, but haven't done a minute of exercise this week!! I was supposed to go swimming tonight but the cold cold weather put me off!! Back to it tomorrow and plenty of dancing at the party Friday night ?

I had lovely home made turkey burgers for tea tonight, from the budget family feasts book, with savoury rice and salad. It was delicious. I can honestly say I've never eaten as well as what I have since starting slimming world, I love it.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Adele
x

Hi Adele
Glad that you are having a good week food-wise. Its so much more difficult to find the motivation to exercise when the weather is not very nice.
Plenty of dancing Friday sounds good.
I love homemade turkey burgers...glad you enjoyed them.
Hope you're having a good day xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ahhh I'm feeling human again!! Friday night was great, but I had wayyyy too much to drink. And threw up.

Anyway I resisted the massive urge to eat greasy food yesterday and totally stuck to plan, which isn't easy with a massive hangover!!! But I pushed myself in the kitchen and made a lovely beef kheema with Bombay veg, delish.

I feel great today, have wrote the meal planner for next week and am off to get in the shopping. I really feel like I'm looking in the mirror and starting to see me again. Not the large imposter who looked a bit like me but was never invited!!

Hope everyone has had a great weekend. Weigh in for me tomorrow so I just hope I haven't done too much damage on Friday night ?

Adele
x

Wow!! 2.5lbs loss for me, which is amazing!! It takes me to a total of 16lbs, PLUS I also got my 1 stone award, my bronze body magic award, slimmer of the week and slimmer of the month!!! What a boost, I feel amazing!

Our leader passed 2 parcels around at group, one weighing half a stone and the other weighed a stone, amazing how heavy they felt. I genuinely didn't think I would feel that much different only losing one stone when I want to lose at least 6 but my confidence is just soaring. My group are so lovely, it really does make the difference because I certainly wouldn't have come this far without the group and image therapy.

Well, I hope everyone else is feeling great too, I feel like I'm well on the way to a less fat thirty!!!

Adele
x

Back