JUDDD!

Hi there. This forum tends to be a bit quiet so hope you'll come back and see this reply.

You're right, you don't count cals on an up day - the information only appears on the website as it is used to work out your dd calories.

So you should have no more than 386 cals on a dd but you can eat what you want within reason on an up day.

Good luck with it - I tried it and lost loads on it but couldn't sustain the dd's - just found it too hard :(

I started this diet two weeks ago moving over from Atkins!

I love it! Gives you so much freedom, you can literally eat anything you like as long as you stick to the calories!

I was finding atkins so boring in the end, and like a little chocolate biscuit now and again which was a total no no on atkins!

Katie

Hi Katie, I was looking to have a pop at this diet but in researching Intermittent fasting I stumbled across this. The Fast-5 Diet and the Fast-5 Lifestyle I started yesterday and it wasn't too bad. If you go on the site you an download the diet as an ebook for free (or you can buy it from Amazon)??? It differs from JUDDERing in that you fast for 19 hours a day and then you have a 5 hour window to eat/drink or whatever. The nominal time for this is from 5:00pm until 10:00pm but you can have the window wherever you like. Surprsingly, 5 o'clock came and i thought i would go on a mad binge but I didn't. Had a normal sized meal and was full up. Did have a couple of glasses of wine and some turkish delight before the window closed but that was it. This really is so simple - no counting calories whatsoever. I normally skip breakfast anyway and passing on lunch really wasn't that difficult.

The more I've read on this IF WOE the more it makes sense. I'm surprised it has no real following on the board, seems pretty big in the States. Anyway, keep posting your progress as will I!

Hi Craig.

I've done the fast 5 woe before and it was good :) Okay, I didn't keep to it in the end cos head wasn't in the right place, but the idea is great :)

BTW, have you heard the latest of intermittent fasting? They now want to call it Intermittent Feeding. i think that sounds much better. Less scary for some.

No I haven't KD but yeah I can see the logic although it sounds like something we may see on a sign at the zoo lol.

Have got lunch covered, off to Argos to buy a Wii Fit and that EA Sports Trainer thing. I've already got a Power Plate which is fantastic but need to up the ante on my cardio workouts. Found some great stuff on this site and will maybe look to buy a kettlebell when I can afford to.

Back to dieting, this fasting malarkey just seems so perfect for me and I'll save a fortune skipping both breakfast and lunch/snacks/vending machine coffee. By my reckoning about £100 a month. I'm finding it easy so far today too and have been up since 5:00am. No real hunger pangs as yet and tonight I'm going to fill up on less high carb foods. Nice to know that I can have them if i want to, will just limit portion size on rice and pasta (bread is now banned) and focus on the protein.

the only concern me is the slowness of the losses, a 1lb a week isn't much but surely that depends on just how much your food intake is reduced and with all of this extra energy I'm expecting how much additional exercise I perform?

Hi!

I have heard of Fast five, I also use lcf forum as there are loads on there who are using Juddd, a few of them actually combine the two.

I haven't tried it as I really need to eat during the day. Saying that my first few down days on Juddd I saved my calories and had quite a substantial dinner, but I found I was becoming really cranky and felt a slight headache coming.

I'm really liking this diet so far. I don't have much to lose now, I'm at 8 stone 12 so it's bound to be slow for me, but I do love being able to have carbs again!!

Hi Katie, in the ebook that spell is supposed to pass after a few days and you become energised and hunger free. I'm on day 3 today which is supposed to be tough, I'm determined though and it does fit in so well with my lifestyle. Haven't even had to cut back on alcohol!

I notice you have a pretty much perfect BMI! You sure you really want to get lower than that???

Hi Craig,

The first few down days are tough but I actually find myself looking forward to them now after my up days.

So with this Fast five are you just eating your normal calories within the five hour window every day? Carbs and everything included? Sounds good, I will go have a look at the e book. Do you have quite an active job? I'm a teacher so I don't know whether I could function all day at school not eating anything!

This diet definetly suits my lifestyle more now as being restricted to no carbs was so tough! I found that having a few drinks at the weekend could mean a 5lb gain! Which I just couldn't handle, it was so demoralising!

I know my Bmi is pretty good right now, but I am headed on a 2 week cruise in a few weeks and I am trying to shed the pounds as I know I will gain!

The good thing about Juddd for me is that at the weight I am at just now I could have around 1000 calories on my down day which would be much more sustainable!

Hi, I guess that in reality I'm eating less calories than normal during this 5 hour window. In fact I'm eating exactly the same as I would do even if I had had breakfast, lunch and daytime snacks. That in itself has got to lead to weightloss without the other benefits provided by fasting. The reason being was that I would always have a large meal when I got home from work. I'm having the same now which fill me up so there is an obvious calorie deficit.

Not feeling too bad at all today. Definitely got enough energy to go for a run later when I get home, found a great thread on here in the exercise section that referenced a podrunner website where you can download training pograms for free to your ipod which take you from nothing to a competent 5km runner in 9 or 10 weeks. Again, that will help with the weightloss even more!

As for my job, mine is sedentary and I sit at a desk all day. The works canteen is vile and I'm enjoying the extra twenty minutes in bed rather than having to get up and make myself beakfast and a brew. A big test this weekend though as I have my two young children staying with me and my son is always hungry. Just hope i can resist the temptation to chest when I'm preparing their breakfasts and lunches. But that's one thing i think is great about this diet, it is very black and white. No food or drink until 5:00pm!!

Like you, i do struggle without carbs. Still intend to keep an eye on them and have banned myself from bread which with crisps was my main downfall. Finding the crisps much tougher to give up but one packet during my window won't do too much harm (I hope).

Definitely check out the ebook. It's great that it's free and can be read in an hour or so completely.

Wish I had a cruise to look forward to lol and now I understand why you are keen to lose a litlle more weight, with all that food on offer 24/7 you would have to be a Saint to resist!!

Back