Juicer?

minxie

One day at a time!
I know that we are not supposed to use juicers for fruit but can we use juice made from vegetables? I like to juice carrots and beetroots and wonder if I'm still allowed to drink it? Anyone know?

Intersting question!

I checked on syns on-line and 'non-branded carrot juice' comes up as 2 syns per 142ml and a branded beetroot juice is 2 syns per 100ml

Sorry, mate- I guess it is the same rule at fruit juice- that it is too easy to consume lots of calories in drink format as you don't really get the 'full-up' feeling you do from actually eating the stuff.

xxx

From the food optimising book (under Drinks, cold, page 46)Carrot juice - 142 ml - 2 synsTomato juice - 142 ml - 1 synVegetable juice (average of all types) - 142 ml - 1.5 syns

Thank you, guess I'd better leave it alone for now then:)

Oh very good question, Minxie.

Sorry, mate- I guess it is the same rule at fruit juice- that it is too easy to consume lots of calories in drink format as you don't really get the 'full-up' feeling you do from actually eating the stuff.

Does that mean if I make a veg soup then whiz it with the blender, I have to syn it?

No. when you whizz it up you are still eating all the flesh and fibre from the veg, when you juice it you only get juice no flesh and therefore will not fill you up.

Back