July 2010 SW Magazine

Meli

Gold Member
I got the copy of the July 2010 SW Magazine and also won a copy of the Curry Heaven at WI yesterday :)
Just wondering if anyone has tried out any of the recipes yet?

I've made the beef kofta and the chicken korma, both gorgeous and so quick and easy to make!

woo hoo well done on winning it hun!!
i havent tried any yet but have loads of stuff out of it on list to make!!

and sob,so jealous you got your mag-we didnt have it in.

ooooo hope my c has the mag tonight!
I bought curry heaven last week, and have made the spinach dahl which was yummy, and the vegatable samosas which were also really nice

I hope they're at class tonight, it feels like ages since the last one. Well done for winning the book I hear it's lovely.:D

i bought the book last night and other half said you dont cook that many currys, so i said yep can now tho, fancy the bombay potatoes mmmmm

Looking forward to getting this, our Consultant said she should have it this week. The bombay potatoes sound lovely. Anyone tried the yet?

I've had the curry book for ages and I love it!! Everything is beautiful! The spinach and lentil dhal was fab and i've made chicken jalfrezi and kofta curry, yum yum yum! I want my mag!!

The Curry Heaven book is 4.95. At class this Wednesday (19th) we have a taster night and I'm doing a few recipes from this book. So last Sunday tried some out on OH and my mum.

Tried the curried parsnip soup (the recipe says 1 TBSP of curry powder, tried this and was too hot. Much better with 1 TSP).

Turkey shami kebabs - Great - but this time round have added a chicken oxo to boost the turkey flavour.

Lamb dhansak (made with turkey!) - Cut the carrots up as big as in the picture - way too big!!! Don't really like the 2 TSP of crushed cardamom seeds. This time round, I'm trying it with just 1/2 spoonful.

Overall, easy to follow, clear instructions. Have tried the recipes as in the book first, this time I'm tweaking almost all of them!! :D :D :D

Back