Julz Management, here we go!

Thanks TRM, glad you are on the last part of this journey! I decided to take each week at a time as to whether I would stay on each section for one week or more and decided I needed to just do one week on each stage, I followed it tightly for 4 weeks then began to experiment with different things, keeping the principals at the front of my mind, which seems to have worked ok. I still struggle with the volume you need to eat with the packs, most days end up with a tummy ache, which is not fun, so tend to split the meals a bit more.
I bet you are glad you can have cooked vegetables ?
I have been increasing my exercise too, but not every day, which I found too much. Still trying different non food treats, always looking for ideas!
Keep with it, nearly there...... Then we just have the rest of our lives to keep on track, or more to the point, balance the rest of our lives, no guilt!!!
Jx

The personal shopper experience sounds fab!!! Wonder if I can persuade OH to treat me hee hee. Was that the size 12 jeans mentioned in your sig? I treated myself to size 14 jeans out of Asda on Tuesday. Will definately treat myself again once I get to target :)

I've also been treating myself to massages, facials etc. I look out for groupon offers as it can work out v expensive!

The personal shopper experience sounds fab!!! Wonder if I can persuade OH to treat me hee hee. Was that the size 12 jeans mentioned in your sig? I treated myself to size 14 jeans out of Asda on Tuesday. Will definately treat myself again once I get to target :)

I've also been treating myself to massages, facials etc. I look out for groupon offers as it can work out v expensive!

Hi Debbie, yes it was size 12 jeans in my sig, I bought 2 pairs, a Wallis petite, and Rocha John Rocha pair, I have never had proper jeans before! I used to love Asda and Next but my shape has changed and it was lovely to have the personal shopper find them for me, she brought in 10 pairs! Really happy with the 2 I bought.
Had my last session tonight of the group I was with, and will be moving to a monthly management group from beginning of Jan, not quite sure how I feel about it, I feel a bit in limbo really, just need to stay focussed. LLC offered the choice to go to the pop in sessions. Most of the time that's ok, still very tired so going to spend some time going back over the weeks and research to find some foods that will give me energy.
Think I am going to go it alone for a few weeks and see what happens, I have given myself 7lbs either side of where I am without guilt.
I have not had most of my packs this week, just 3 meals a day, still struggling with the volume that I should be eating, I end up with a tummy ache after most meals.
I bought some bagels tonight and have just eaten one with no butter, no tummy ache? confused.....

Don't forget the discounts you get from LL, worth looking at, even 4% off Asda and Sainsbury's.

Have a good weekend everyone, I'm happy to say I am off to The Ritz as a surprise treat for my daughter in law, there are a group of 7 of us going, I'm going shopping for the day first as we are meeting at The Ritz at 7pm, so really looking forward to it. I am planning on going to see the Mary Portas shop that she opened up in House of Frazer, Oxford Street, it looks great on the documentary.

Got my bum in gear this morning out of bed early enough to shred before work, which felt good.
Jx :cool:

I love John Rocha! Actually I love all the Designers at Debenhams...I got a Betty Jackson dress in the sale which is lovely (and its a size 12 and it almost fits!!).

Tell me about the discounts...is this once you move onto management?

Have a great time at the Ritz...what a lovely treat. I'd love to see the Mary Portas shop. She opened one of the charity shops in Edinburgh, but it doesnt look like a charity shop. Its also v v v expensive. I think its called vintage darling lol.

Hiya the discounts are available to you now, go to LL website and login to members area and it's there. U need your LL number from your book, not very easy website but the members area and discounts are easy.
Loved The Ritz, my daughter in law had now idea, we got off the tube and walked down the road chatting, I mentioned I was a little hungry, so did she, so I stopped outside and said shall we go in here??
She was over the moon and still was this morning in a state could not believe it as she had no idea! It was lovely.
Mary portas shop in house of frazer, expensive, had some lovely bits, my daughter bought me armery, it's like tights for you arms to cover up the flabby bits, black lace, you can wear them under all sorts of dresses or tops. That's my Christmas gift from my grand daughters, so I'm well chuffed.
Debenhams, another story, when I had my personal shopping event I had a 20% voucher to use on that day, so had kittle time to look around, yesterday in London, omg, saw some reallylovely stuff, bette Jackson has some cool stuff so going to try on some bits this afternoon.
Also discovered in bravissimo they now do dresses with different curvy stages for your bust. Found a gorgeous dress in there that fits like a dream, I have big boobs still, measured at 32H on Friday! Have list some but still massive, feel happier now I found those dresses too.
It's a whole new world!!
Have a good Sunday
Jx

Aw, it sounds like you had such a great day. What a great surprise for your DIL! I'm liking the sound of this armery. I havent heard of that.

I'll need to check out the website...I found it a bit rubbish tbh. Couldnt manage to login. Will investigate further if it saves me money. I love a bargain :)

I struggled a couple of weeks to login, speak to you LLC, they need to know how rubbish it is, I think a lot of ppl are put off, it's supposed to be easy to benefit from being a member, we pay a lot of money!!
Armery, if you google search they will come up, looks fab.
Hope you have a good week, how are you getting on?
I'm paying fir eating the bread Saturday..... So going to have a pack at lunchtime today, going out for a Christmas meal tonight, so going to be careful
Jx

I've got weigh in tonight, so I'll speak to me LLC then about the website. It really is beyond rubbish lol.

I'm doing fine, apart from a sore throat. Which normally wouldnt bother me, but I'm appearing in panto from tomorrow night for 3 nights. And I have several duets *sigh* I would really like to take a few spoonfuls of sugar and a glass of port. But nothing is more important to me than losing the weight. I have been 100% and I intend to stay that way ;)

Have you been avoiding bread? I guess you have found thats one of your trigger foods? It sounds like you have identified how to deal with your problem areas. Good on you! Where are you going for your Christmas meal? xx

So glad it's not just me having trouble loggin in to the LL website - I had to contact them to get on at all a couple of months ago and haven't bothered since as it was so difficult! The discounts sound interesting though - I shop all the time at Sainsbury so will definitely give it a go, thanks for the tip guys!

Oh I love cookery books! Thanks for that tip Julz :)

Oh I love cookery books! Thanks for that tip Julz :)

Hi Debbie
This is the first time for ages I have been on my laptop and can see your stats, well done for reaching goal. Different challenges ahead for you. My take on it all is not to put too much pressure on yourself to 'always eat what is right', I am finding the pressure too much and it is causing me some issues.
Good luck"
Jx

It's been a few weeks since I updated my diary, and it has begun to show. I am struggling on maintenance, some days are better than others.
I made the decision to restart my dairy in the wish that it will help me refocus. I have not gone completely off the rails, most days I am planning my meals ok, however, I have been overeating, end up feeling bloated still after each meal. So struggling to know when I am full.
Managing the amount of protein and dairy I need to have each day I am not finding so easy. Breakfast every day I have porridge which is my 'old' way, I am happy with that, keeps me full and warm and is a managed portion.
Lunch when at work, now it is so so cold (I'm still having an issue with cold hands and feet) I no longer have salad, as much as I like it. A couple of days I have taken a pack into work, which I did not want to get into, but worked. Trying to stay away bread. Have been eating mcdonalds veggie wrap once a week, and subway veggie delight one day per week. Thinking behind this is it is measured amounts and under 400 calories.
Decided I will take in some food this week that can just be heated at work that I can prep the night before, curry or chilli etc.
Have managed to keep my fruit intake down without too much of an issue, this time of year I would normally been eating 10-20 satsumas a day plus bananas, apples etc. Fruit is a trigger for me, and I am really happy with this part of management.
Not the same with chocolate trigger............... decided when I got to management as I had such a strong pull towards chocolate, I would have a bar a day. This decision came when I started management and had a bar (normal single size not 500g bar I used to have), then decided I better not, as I wanted more. The days I did not have any I began to feel deprived and craved it even more. So started 'allowing' myself one bar per day. Mmmmmmmmm yesterday I had 3 bars.
Today I will have none, and have given myself a good talking too, it is a slippery slope and I could quite easily go downhill.
I have lots of lovely new clothes, 2 weeks ago I bought a beautiful dress from pepperberry part of the bravissimo group, which have different curvy sizes at the top to accommodate big boobs ( I have lost 2 back sizes and 2 cup sizes, having been fitted correctly a couple of weeks ago) so I still have big ones!
Rose Jacquard A-line Dress by Pepperberry
It really is lovely, and I don't want it to be too small, I have never spent that much on a dress, it was in the sale but still £55. I love the look of it and it really feels and looks lovely.
So there are lots of positives around me still, so all is not lost...........
I have been eating too much in the evenings, at the beginning of management, I thought I had it all under control, not sure why some days are better than others.
Spanglymum mentioned she had bought a SAD lamp a couple of weeks ago, and decided to give it a go too, I am sitting here for the 2nd day in front of the lamp, hoping it will have some impact on just how sad I am feeling, most days. Tearful, down, no energy, craving carbs etc, according to the write up the SAD lamp helps with all of the above.

I am concerned my depression is on its way back, my house is being neglected, I am struggling to get out of bed in the morning, lacking energy and feeling so so so tired. Got to stop it getting a grip, so trying to keep positive. There are lots of pressures I am feeling and trying to distinguish the ones that need to be done and ones that can be ignored I am struggling with.
I have not been exercising much over the last couple of weeks, but that is on my todo list for today, will go swimming shortly.
Still having some health issues, on some new medication for a bladder problem, which are helping, however there are more side affects to deal with. Asthma not too good and ear problems still with me, but actually I generally feel so much better than this time last year. I am certainly fitter, and more healthy, with lots to look forward too.
Christmas is looming, I am trying to make plans of what decisions I need to stick too, without too much pressure.......:sigh:
What a long post this turned out to be! I hope to post at least a couple of times a week, and will leave my thread here rather than move it to maintenance thread.

Hope everyone is doing well and managing their strategies.
Jx

Hi Julz,
Nice to read a post from you again. I noticed that you have decided to lose another 1/2 stone. Are you going to do it by managing what you are eating? or use packs for some meals?
I am such a chocoholic. I really understand how you are struggling to keep to limits with it. I think I will find it really hard when I get to goal and can re-introduce it.
I love the dress. its gorgeous.

Hey Julz, thank you for the post. It had so much of how I'm feeling too that it's spooky! This time last year I was off work, very unwell both physically and mentally. The medication for depression was essential, but I felt so 'separate' from everything. My brain hardly functioning, every task taking forever. In four months all I managed to do each day was to eat and walk the dogs for an hour. The scary thing is, I'm on leave this week, desperately trying to get ready for Christmas, but feeling so very tired and weak getting things done is taking ages longer than I feel it should. I wake up around 5am every morning, can't go back to sleep but not inclined to get up and start doing anything. And I seem to have the attention span of a gnat! I flit from one thing to another, getting distracted, not finishing things. It's exhausting and frustrating. I've also been struggling with eating properly now I'm on two meals and two packs a day. I've eaten chocolates, nuts and a couple of mince pies. Couldn't stop the chocolate once I started which completely freaked me out. I now feel tense the whole time as the delicious sense of control I had on Total and even in the first few weeks on RTM has gone altogether. I don't feel ready for this. I don't know that I'll ever be ready. But coming here, knowing others are experiencing exactly the same lessens the sense of isolation and feelings of being a failure. Hang in there girl - we can do this, I really believe we can. Take care of yourself. Really - take very good care of yourself xxxxxx

Hi Debbie
This is the first time for ages I have been on my laptop and can see your stats, well done for reaching goal. Different challenges ahead for you. My take on it all is not to put too much pressure on yourself to 'always eat what is right', I am finding the pressure too much and it is causing me some issues.
Good luck"
Jx

Thanks Jules. I have re-evaluated my target and will start RTM in the New Year. Very much different challenges ahead. I always knew that Total was the easy bit and the RTM will be the difficult bit. I'm apprehensive, but excited. A bit like when I started Total :D xx

OK Jules, so I'm waiting on todays update to see how you are today :)

Did you feel sad and depressed on total? Or is it just as Winter has set in? This time of year can be so stressful. I hope your taking good care of yourself xx

Hi Julz,
Nice to read a post from you again. I noticed that you have decided to lose another 1/2 stone. Are you going to do it by managing what you are eating? or use packs for some meals?
I am such a chocoholic. I really understand how you are struggling to keep to limits with it. I think I will find it really hard when I get to goal and can re-introduce it.
I love the dress. its gorgeous.

Thanks ELAB, it is a lovely dress, lose the 1/2 stone..... going back to total for a couple of weeks from next week. I feel really big again......:wave_cry:...... This should give me a breathing space, I have enough packs left over. The chocolate is an issue, I find myself deliberately going and getting some, eating when I know I am not hungry etc, it's deliberate, can't say someone/something has upset me and I'm off to get some.
I don't know what the solution is, I have started to take some chromium supplement which is supposed to help with sugar cravings. I think if I understood a little more about the balance in food, it would be better.
I was watching Food Hospital last week and there were some ideas I picked up on there that I did not know, I checked out the website and it has lots of information.

Hope you managed to get through Christmas day without too much of an issue.

Merry Christmas everyone
Jx

OK Jules, so I'm waiting on todays update to see how you are today :)

Did you feel sad and depressed on total? Or is it just as Winter has set in? This time of year can be so stressful. I hope your taking good care of yourself xx

Hi Debbie
I seem to be putting barriers up everywhere, it's taken me days to reply, sorry.
I didn't feel sad or depressed really on total, I have had depression a couple of times over the last 15 years, mostly managed it myself but a couple of times needed medication. Became really worried about taking the medication as it will then be on your medical records and could stop you getting some jobs, but in the end had too. I have been noticing over the last 4/5 years I seem to get 'blue' in the winter, this year it was really noticeable from when the clocks changed. I have been 'fed up' trying really hard to put a brave face on at work and seeing family etc, but find myself wanting to be alone, as I can't be bothered. I am normally a positive person, but this seems to be wearing thin, this 'I can't be bothered' attitude is winning the battle more and more. I'm trying not to feel woe is me, and think I need another kick up the backside. I should be grateful for what I have in life, I am not on the street, I have a job, family etc, but ............
I have not exercised for the last 2 weeks, I know when I do I feel better, so why not do it?
My house is cluttered, I know if I tidy up I will feel better, so why not do it?
I sound like a brat.............

The SAD lamp, I think had started to make a difference, I am away for Christmas so will start it again on Tuesday evening when I get home.

Going to do total for a couple of weeks from next week, couple of reasons:
Low energy, hope it boosts me back up
No food choices to make, get my head back where it needs to be
Real problem with chocolate, eating excess, deliberately no justification, if I can't have any, should break this habit, again........
Still have a tummy ache every time I eat, regardless of content, so this should stop it
Feel bloated and fat, this should help.
I have not been able to properly identify feeling hungry/satisfied and eating, and what to do about it, either I did not understand it fully or I am just greedy, or out of control............
Want to lose another 7lbs +/-, this will get me there. Probably gained another 7 in the last week or so, have not weighed myself
Muffin top has returned :sigh:
I'm not sure what has occurred that has made me lose focus, but I am looking forward to ketosis again!
Hope you are getting on ok and had a good Christmas Day

Jx

:( Bought some size 12 jeans in Asda a couple of weeks ago, they have lycra in them, wore them this week, decided they would be my 'fat' jeans, how crazy is that! It's as if I had given up and expect to struggle to get into my other jeans.
Decision made, when I get home, they are going in the charity bag. It is sending my brain the wrong message.
Jx

Back