Jump slap,Jump slap!!

andju

I lurve lurve lurve bars
I have decided I had better do some excercise,so yesterday I bought Patsy Palmers Ibiza workout.
its great apart from the jumping and the fact that I have a large mirror I can see my great big fat arms in going up and down.
Does anyone else do any of these,I dont know if Ive chosen so well,every time I jumped I could here this huge slap a milisecond later,think it was my belly but it could also have been my boobs.Do you think I should have chosen a toning workout where I could lay on my back and not hear any of the said slapping noises!!
xx

Hee hee....fat burning needs a bit of slapping as well as lying on your back apparently!!! fella at the gym said to me that you could do hundreds of sit ups and the results would not be as good than if you get your heart rate up and then do them (great news???not) I am to be found quite frequently doing my Davina DVD (with said slapping noises i'm afraid) great fun!!!!!!

I have to say Claire it has put me off joining any classes,if everyone is jumping and slapping how are we ever going to hear the instructor!!

You paint quite a picture Andju - I know it well ....:giggle:

I find the thumping really off-putting when I try aerobic type exercises at home(and the the floor is concrete not wood, so that's really disturbing) so I've just been given a strider machine so I can do a bit of exercise without triggering warnings of earthquakes! I'm just really heavy on my feet when it comes to exercise...

My favourite exercise is belly dancing, but I haven't been able to get to my class for ages. It's great - women of all shapes & sizes, and aged between 18 and 82. Plus, you don't need a gym-bunny body - I think it looks just as good if you have a belly. I know I'd start a shimmy & I'd think I'd stopped, but eveything would still be wobbling 10 minutes later - lol!

I must try to get back to it, because it's actually fab exercise - aerobic and toning at the same time (and really good fun!)

Good luck with Patsy - let us know how you get on xxx

Hahahaha Julie that made me laugh, I wear 2 bra's now and that has minimised the slapping but my belly still goes for it!! i can only imagine what a sight it is.........glad it's in the privacy of my own home lol x

Well Jessie B, thanks to you I have just emailed about a belly dancing class near me :D *Waits patiently for the teacher to get bck to her*

Hahahaha Julie that made me laugh, I wear 2 bra's now and that has minimised the slapping but my belly still goes for it!! i can only imagine what a sight it is.........glad it's in the privacy of my own home lol x

Never thought of that -- wearing two bras! I have one for exercise that cost about £30 which is amazing. I jump and nothing moves! Got it from nobounce.com or something.

I wear 2 bra's now and that has minimised the slapping but my belly still goes for it!! i can only imagine what a sight it is.........glad it's in the privacy of my own home lol x

That's what I used to do until I went and bought myself a sports bra. Thought I was the only one ;)

I have to wear a sports bra (the crop top style) over the top of a normal bra to stand any chance when exercising. I don't know what the Debenhams shop assistant must have thought hearing me jumping up and down in the changing room so I could try before I buy! Some sooper dooper slappage going on...

just to let you know,I did jumping again, this time wearing bra plus crop bra plus swimming costume,no slapping to be heard but...I got very very hot!!Thanks though for the suggestions does feel easier with that lot on!!
xx

Thats so funny, your a total star for mailing, and serena, you havent seen the no jumping/slapping sign in debenhams, I think it was only put up recently, after a disturbing episode, wasnt you was it,lol.

lol this is the first time i have laughed in days lol.
Its the same when your drying yourself after a shower, you rub a dub with the towel and think whats that slapping noise, its the tops of my arms hitting my sides. Not pleasant. They can sometimes make wind breaking noises too when ive just had a shower !!
lol
Lynne x

Omg Lynne I get that too lol!

And by the way Penny, the jumping/slapping sign in debenhams has now been replaced by a "no tiddling" sign - that's you that is xx

Back