Jumping back on the wagon and such.

LuhLuhLoser

4. 8. 15. 16. 23. 42.
Hello folks.

Sorry in advance for the big rant and self indulgent post, I just need to clear my head a bit as I'm planning on rejoining Slimming World on Saturday and I want to do so in the right frame of mind.

My name is Emily and I'm 23. I joined Slimming World just over a year ago and managed to lose a couple of stone, however lost my way earlier this year and gave up on SW due to a big change of scenery and change of mind.

I then tried to just stick to healthy eating and lots of exercise, which I was doing quite well at until I got some big news which made my head go all over the place. Within the space of 7 days, my boyfriend asked me to marry him and my mother got diagnosed with cancer.

It's weird, it's been the both the best and worst few months of my life. I'd not even thought about food really but now it's getting to a point where I've got 12 months until my wedding and my Mum is starting to, slowly but surely, get better. She has a long way to go but she's been so positive and inspiring throughout. It's really put everything for me into perspective. I've also got a new job and things are the best they've been in a long time. My mindset is more focused and I know with SW it's something that I can take a hold of with both hands, and hopefully succeed in losing what I need to before my wedding.

I'm really looking forward to coming back and I know Minimins will play a big part in my journey.
:)

Thanks for listening!

Welcome!

Sorry to hear about your mum, and congratulations on your engagement and new job!

I'm sure you'll do great on SW, and we're all here to support! xx

Good luck, it's amazing the results we all get from slimming world. The support from here can help keep you going! I look forward to reading your progress reports
Bron

An emotional time or what??!!! Looks like things are starting to get a bit less so now. Welcome back - This site (well - the people on it) is / are amazing. Good luck.

x

Thanks :) the support on here has always been amazing. I'm actually really looking forward to it now! I've been reading through lots of diaries and getting an idea as to what I'm going to get in my food shopping. Exciting times! x

Aww, that's a turbulent year hun!
Well done on getting back on it, sounds like your head is in the right place and I'm so pleased your mum is doing well now. xx

Back