• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Jumping on 20times a day

I know we all do this, and we all know its wrong.

Maybe we can start this thread with all reasons why it's so wrong.

*it doesn't count anyways cause its not the CDC scales
*your weight fluctuates through out the day and over the week.
*it can lead you to feeling miserable if you've gone up on your scale - as you naturally would during the day.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Deb G

Silver Member
S: 13st10lb C: 13st7lb G: 9st0lb Loss: 0st3lb(1.56%)
In the past I've let my day be dictated by what the scales tell me in the morning, and forget all reasonable reasons!! I've managed to wean myself down to twice a week now - and I am proud at managing that!

Loopy_Lou

Just about on the wagon!
S: 15st0lb C: 15st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 37.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hi Clarabel,

I agree. I started yesterday and guess what - jumped on this morning! :banghead: Argh! Why? Yes I had lost a pound, but I'm now kicking myself as I should wait so that it's all the more of a nice surprise after a week!

Anyway, I think you've probably covered the main reasons, but there's also:

* have you ever put 4 litre bottles of water on a scale - they are heavy! And we are drinking lots and lots that might come up as weight.
* you shouldn't rely on weight loss, rather inch loss and clothes feeling looser. I've had weeks when I've either lost a pound or stayed the same, and then lost 3 inches!

Can't think of any more for now. Off to hide the scales! :p

L x

Kate

CDC/PT/PITA
*all you're doing is weighing your food and drink, and your clothes unless you strip naked every time you hop on
*a litre of water weighs 2lb