Jumping to JUDDD to get me to goal, and beyond!

So pleased for you Cate, you sound so much more content & in control of your eating.

I intend to stay on VLCD till the weight stops moving down. Then will move to something like this as its a good way to re educate yourself regarding self control seeing as there is always a bit of a treat around the corner/ next day if you want one.

Interesting about the low fat foods. I've never eaten them cos they don't taste good anyway lol x

Wow! That's more then I have lost in 2 weeks on VLCD I am so impressed well done u!! I think I'm going to experiment this week and see what happens. I am a weighing in Thursday this week as it's my birthday Friday and we are going away to the seaside for the weekend. I had already decided I was going to have a cheat day Friday and Saturday to celebrate my birthday but get straight back on Sunday but what I might do is also eat Sunday get back onto it Monday and have 500 Monday - Thursday as this is what I would ideally like to do anyway and see what the scales say on my weigh in Friday. No harm done ether way as this is what I had planned anyway! I'm actually shocked u have lost so much in your first week after being on a VLCD for so long, you must be over the moon! U deserve a massive round of applause! Ha ha I bet your so motivated now arnt u? X

Thanks Ava, and good luck with your experiment. Not sure that I could do 500 three (or is it four) consecutive days so will be interesting to see how you get on. I think the way people generally stick to this long term is that they only have to be really disciplined for just 24 hours at a time. But see how you get on. You can always revert to alternate days if consecutive days prove too tough. :)

After much thought, I've decided to give Judd a go!

Will count today as an up day :) fingers crossed! X

Think that's a sensible decision TH considering the social activities you have coming up. This plan is so much more adaptable if you know you need to be eating x

Cate your diary is a bit of a hotline at the moment lol. You've got everyone excited :D x

So pleased for you Cate, you sound so much more content & in control of your eating.

I intend to stay on VLCD till the weight stops moving down. Then will move to something like this as its a good way to re educate yourself regarding self control seeing as there is always a bit of a treat around the corner/ next day if you want one.

Interesting about the low fat foods. I've never eaten them cos they don't taste good anyway lol x

Thanks Susie. Not surprised you're sticking with Exante. You're rocking it at the moment. ;)

Thanks Ava, and good luck with your experiment. Not sure that I could do 500 three (or is it four) consecutive days so will be interesting to see how you get on. I think the way people generally stick to this long term is that they only have to be really disciplined for just 24 hours at a time. But see how you get on. You can always revert to alternate days if consecutive days prove too tough. :)

Yes that's a good point actually maybe in the long term alternate days are better. I will def be interested to see how ur losses go over the coming weeks but to be honest if I can even do 1-2lb a week following JUDDD I would be happy.

Good luck with the coming week xx

One more question if I don't mind that is! Haha I would like to have a dd the day prior to weigh in how would that work each week with there being 7 days, how do u do it? Do u change ur fast and eating days each week?

Day 9 - UD

9.00am - coffee with milk
10.45am - 6 x oatcakes spread with butter bean and pesto dip from Sainsbury's
12.00pm - FF Greek yoghurt with blueberries/strawberries/soft brown sugar; coffee with milk
4.00pm - tortilla filled with spag bol sauce, lettuce and cheddar; Coke Zero
5.30pm - large glass of white wine
8.30pm - large piece of salmon fried in olive oil with pesto and a variety of carby salads - about a dessert spoon of each - coleslaw, couscous, potato salad, noodle salad, bean salad

A really good UD. As I said earlier, I really wanted to want a 'naughty' breakfast this morning, like a bacon buttie, but just didn't so had my oatcakes. Checked out a recipe to make that butter bean dip myself so I can control exactly what goes in it because I really like it. After the fruit and yoghurt I just didn't feel hungry until late afternoon when I had the tortilla. About 5.15pm I got a message from the mum of James' friend, whose house he was at, saying she was going to eat at the local pub with her daughter and was taking her son and James up to the pub with her - there's a big field where they can play football - and what time did I want him home. I wasn't feeling in the least bit hungry but was thinking that if I hadn't taken salmon out of the freezer I could have gone up and joined them and we could have eaten up there. Then I suddenly thought that I could go up anyway, get something for James and not eat myself but just have a drink so that's what I did. Sat and watched them all eating and didn't feel in the least bit tempted as it was my choice. If I'd wanted a bowl of chips I could have had one but I thought about it for 10 seconds and realised that I really didn't want or need it. So came home cooked the salmon for myself and there's another piece for James for tomorrow meaning I won't have to cook on my DD tomorrow.

Am so pleased with myself for being mindful about my food choices today. There are chocolate chip muffins in the house as well as jam doughnuts, which I haven't touched, and it hasn't felt like a sacrifice, and I didn't eat at the pub when I wasn't hungry. I love being able to think 'do I want that?' knowing that if I do I can have it. It really stops you from feeling deprived knowing it is totally your decision. It's empowering.

Cate your diary is a bit of a hotline at the moment lol. You've got everyone excited :D x

LOL. It's been a while since that's happened! ;)

Fabulous loss Cate, am so glad that you're enjoying it and you are doing brilliantly.

Very glad that TH has decided to join you as it will definitely make the next month easier for her.

Good luck all xx

One more question if I don't mind that is! Haha I would like to have a dd the day prior to weigh in how would that work each week with there being 7 days, how do u do it? Do u change ur fast and eating days each week?

I don't do every other day; I am doing 4:3. I do Monday, Wednesday and Friday as fasts so I am weighing every Tuesday after my Monday DD. Having said that, if I do have an event on a Friday, then I could swap my DD to Saturday.

Thanks Katie.

That's a brilliant UD menu Cate :) I think fasting is sometimes more a mental battle than anything else. Everyone can manage being hungry for one day but it's getting the balance right on an UD that takes some thought for it all to combine and work. And when you can stop and say do I really need this BEFORE eating it.. half the battle is won!

Hi missus. Just checking in on you and delighted to see you're in those oul 14s. Woo hoo! I'm still messing around at the same weight but delighted not to be gaining. Speak to you soon. Good luck with judd, you're doing great.

Hi missus. Just checking in on you and delighted to see you're in those oul 14s. Woo hoo! I'm still messing around at the same weight but delighted not to be gaining. Speak to you soon. Good luck with judd, you're doing great.

Good to hear from you. So pleased you haven't gained. Are you coming back anytime soon? Christmas is getting closer every day!! You have 4 2/3 months to get to goal which is doable and think how fab you'll feel as a skinny minny in a new Christmas Day outfit. ;)

Back