June ~ Antenatal Challenge

A gain of 13lbs at your stage is about right from what I have been reading, so don't be disheartened cos by going by that info it should all be pregnancy gain, i.e baby weight, placenta, blood, muscle, fluid it all adds up. So if you have gained what is expected of you which it seems you have it won't be fat just preg. wt, therefore if you carry on just putting on the right amount you will lose it in the first few weeks after having baby as its not 'fat' weight. So don't be down you are doing really well;)

Im also having a home birth! cant wait, the first 1 was perfect OH didnt need to go home, i was soooo relaxed and no blinking hospital!!

Well this week i have lost 1lb!? but at the begining of the week i was quite sick x x

Well done on your 1lb ;)

Well done kelly with this weeks loss!

I know bajoleth.....13lbs is not THAT bad, It must be baby weight and not fat because the only thing that has increased in size is my tummy!

If my tummy is the only thing that gets bigger it's not too bad! x

thank you! although i have prob put it all back on today! it has been the worst day ever.. My daughter decided to wake at 1.30am 3am then 6am just screaming and woke the whole house up, she also descovered that she can climb out of the cot so was up and out! she has been a little madam all day having temper tantrums, poored the dogs water all over the kitching floor pushed a cup of tea over on the sterio(£600+ might i add...OH isnt gonna be happy!!) and just been wingy all day she has just dropped off on our way back from food shopping, 16.00!!! so when we were shopping i got ben and jerrys and a double double decker!! there goes the healthy eating lol!! early night for me i think! xx

Hi ladies,

Can I join in? Well I'm topping the scales at a huge 17st, I've put on close to a stone since getting preg. I see many of you are actually losing weight, so it can be done!!! For the month of Jun I'll be happy to sts although a couple of pounds off would be nice. xxx

Hello everyone,

and welcome scooterchick, of course you can join in! and congrats on your pregnancy!:)

Well again I have gained 2lbs this week!:argh: But I think I have spotted where I am going wrong.:) Usually I weigh myself daily, but for the last two weeks where I have had the most significant gains, I have only weighed myself on my weigh in day!
I think when I weigh myself daily I can see the fluctuations and if I'm slightly up one day I really pull it back the next day.....well that I have not been doing! :(

So I am weighing daily again from now on, and hopefully I can pull it back......because if I continue to gain 2lbs a week:eek: I'm going to be flipping massive and not happy with myself!!!

Sounds like a plan Mummytummy ;) Welcome scooterchick, we try to keep each other motivated so its all good ;)
I STS this week, so I don't think I am going to reach my June goal of -3lbs but am more than happy with a STS, Good luck all :)

Hi All,

I would love to join in! I started trying to do SW from home on Friday, I slipped up over the weekend and seem to have gained 2lbs. Oh dear! :(

I'd really love to lose 1lb per week!

Currently 13.12 (have gained around 7lbs so far in this pregnancy)

Welcome Couteaux, 7lbs gain is really good and under what is 'expected'. So you have done well already ;)

Well I thought I would update on my weight this morning.....although I won't give a running commentary throughout the week!!!;)
Just wanted to note I weighted this morning and I'm back to 14st 6lbs!:D That's -3lbs since yesterday.......it must be water!:rolleyes:
Like I said before the only place I have got bigger is my tummy and now my boobs are getting bigger (not that they need too!:eek:).
Although I'm happier with only a 12lb gain at just over 26 weeks, sounds better to the ear!:)

Well done on STS this week bajoleth! And for all those joining in on the challenge!

3lb loss over night? yep can only be fluid! it was quite warm last night.

I didn't weigh in yesterday as I wasn't at home, so a day late and have put on 1lb. The 1lb a week loss isn't going to plan but if I can keep within a +/- 1lb or more loss then I'll be happy (a lb isn't much at the end of the day!).

Hay I lost 3lbs overnight that 1lb could be gone in an hour!!! lol

I know it can only be fluid! I'm not getting swollen anywhere so not really worried about the amount of fluid I am retaining some of the time!

It's just very disheartening at the time when you see that kind of gain when you have been fairly good all week.....bloody water!

My bump has drastically reduced over the course of today, must have been bloating, at first I was worried but then my rational head explained to my panic head that as I'd started a healthy eating regime yesterday it was more than co-incidence.

My craving since getting pg had been bread, rolls, pasties, cakes, no wonder I'm bloated!!! I'm hoping to be a little lighter tomorrow morning!

I could murder all those foods scooterchick!!! I'm resisting most, the majority of the time and try to incorporate breed into my meals instead, because right now I could eat so much toast dripping in butter! But I won't.........................right now anyways! lol

The 1lb went overnight :) Now if I behave all week I may actually lose weight.

Scooterchick I've been a bit the same, although not craving just saying to myself I can treat myself as I'm pregnant (which I know is not the right way to do it!). I've allowed myself a few cakes and scones and need to stop it as clearly if I ate healthily I'd actually be losing weight!

I need to cut out any empty calories, go back to eating healthily, exercising and just allow myself a treat when the situation arises (which happens plenty of times so it's not like I'll miss out!). That's the plan... ;)

itsnt it strange how our body sorts its self out over night!!

well after a very bad few days of ALL the naughty things i want to eat im pretty sure i have put on so to stop dissapointment im not gonna weigh myself till next week. All the bad food has gone OH has eaten it (he is one of those ppl that can eat anything and not put on any weight!!Grrrrrr!!) so ive been to asda this morning got the lower calorie bread loads of fruit and veg,stuff to make chicken stir fry and ww soups...sooo yum!!!

heres to a good week :) x x

Well after being a lb down yesterday morning, I'm 2lbs up this morning!! ARGHHHH! However I wasn't great yesterday, last night I came in from work and had 2 yes 2 bowls of porridge, a penguin wafer and half a double decker. I don't even particularly like chocolate atm!!! But today is a new day, going to go and wash the steamer and stick on some broccoli and salad potatoes for lunch. I work at night so have my main meal during the day which usually works well IF i can stop at 1 bowl of porridge!!

I weighed in yesterday morning as I was still the same. I did weigh in this morning but we had a BBQ yesterday and a late night, and at about 3am this morning I woke up feeling hungover of all things (note, I wasn't drinking!! I spent all night drinking water!), and was knocking back more water then plus again before weighing myself around 8ish, so I'm not going to count that as I think I'd drunk about a litre before getting up today!

Hiya guys,

well the last time I logged my weight on here was 10 days ago.....

I have been weighing everyday and am fluctuating like I have never seen before:rolleyes:, but every couple of days I seem to settle back in 14st 7lbs, so that's what i have put down for this weeks weigh in.
Putting me at a total gain of 13lbs and I am every happy with that as I'm 27w5d. :D
Throughout the last 10 days I have been anything from 14st 6 to 14st 11 so only god knows whats happening inside!!!:confused:
x

Back