Just a quick one....

bubbles88uk

Right i've only been on slimfast for a week and a half but i think i have done quite well i have lost 6 lbs in the first week and so far another lb so thats 7lb (lol as if you didn't know your maths) but some friends have come home from being away for a long time and i have been invited for a night out now i will be definately going out but do i drink or not......has anyone else had a drink whilst on slimfast? has it drastically altered your weight? lol i don't want to be thrown off the wagon so any advice would be great x x

Hi bubbles:)

Firstly that is an excellent start...1/2st off already:D

I actually drank a whole bottle of wine to myself on my first day of Slim-fast...I still lost 3.5lb in my first week. It maybe could have been more if I hadn't drank the wine but it probably didn't alter things too much.

I don't know what you drink normally but I would advise to stay away from the lager! Maybe a couple shots with diet mixer (and sip slowly) would be better (you could always alternate between alcohol and just a coke etc.). If I was you, and I hadn't seen some friends in a long time, I would definitely go out and enjoy myself with them:D

Good Luck whatever you decide.

Mel x

Last edited:
I've had quite a few nights out while i've been on slimfast, I usually have vodka and diet coke, and start the night saying i'll only have a couple...but rarely stick to a couple!:eek: Go and have a good night ;)

Thankyou lol i'm so paranoid about puttng on weight because ive been on so many diets with no results.......so i don't want to ruin this one plus i'm going on holiday in october so i want to have slimmed down for that. but i can't spend four months having no fun at all as for the drinks i will literally drink anything apart from beer larger or cider so im ok there.....but just trying to find drinks that might be better for me than others.

I tend to alternate my drinks. So I have a mixer with diet coke then just a diet coke, so on and so forth. Never let a diet ruin your social life - adapt to fit. I used to be miserable when going out and depriving myself and miserable if i went out and blew it - so find that balance!

Well done on your 7lb by the way - an excellent start!

x

Can't really advise on which alcohol is the best to stick to as I don't drink, so don't have that problem (yep I'm boring lol!). But I definitely wouldn't let your diet put you off going out and having a good time with your mates, looks like you'll already be aware of what you can and can't have and you'll probably find that your subconious takes over and you won't go too mad anyway. Enjoy yourself!!! It's only one night, and you'll soon make it up again. Slimfast is a great plan, as it doesn't matter that much if you have a day now and again off it.

Oh forgot to say WELL DONE!!! &lbs already, that is excellent! You go girl!

like stirky says hun, its only 1 day! i have every thursday off and go down the pub and have 3 pints each time and i somehow still lose, prob more if i didn't but thats what lifes all about. i'm afraid the thought of no "naughty" food or drink until i got to my goal would just about finish me off. no diet is easy but this one works for me so i would say go for it and have a lovely timebut make sure you get back on it the next day. x

Back