Just a quick question

Hi,
so I went to my meeting today and got my books. I am sitting down now planning my meals for tomorrow and I have decided to do a GREEN day. It says combine green free foods with one or two healthy extra a's and two healthy extra b's.

So Does that mean I could for example have 250mls of milk as my healthy extra A and if I wanted another healthy option a say for example 5 light laughing cow cheese triangles? could I also if I wanted have 500mls of milk so two of the same thing?

Same with my healthy extra b's, tomorrow I was planning on having wholemeal toast for my breakfast. I know two slices are a healthy extra b but on green you can have two so could I have 4 slices of bread? or do they have to be different items? I was planning on having 4 slices of toast with my breakfast since they are so small and I cant really think of anything else on that list that I would want.

If anyone can help me answer that that would be great

thanks in advance x

Yes you can if you want to. That said it is important to have variety in your foods so I would not do it every day.

If you find the small slices of bread tooo small then have big lol. You can have 60g of any wholemeal bread. Just weigh two alices of big bread and syn anything over the 60g. I believe there are a couple of brands (maybe aldi and morrisons own) where two big slices actually come withtin the 60g allowance

I try to avoid wheat bread though because of my constant wind. I am a low fodmap diet I keep my wheat portions to a minimum. I only wanted to do that because there wasn't really anything else I wanted but then I realised that because I want a weightwatchers tomato tuna tin id have to syn it at 6 points on a green day. So am doing an easy extra now and just gonna have the two breads. Ill just had to bulk it out with eggs and superspeed beans :D

checked in my trusty book and a 400g wholemeal loaves slice is 3 syns. Thats what my Warbatons wheat free bread is so I had an extra slice :D its the first time I have ever tried wheat free bread it was kinda erm, spongy lol not as rustic tasting either but its definitely not a bad substitute :)

I'm not sure if you are aware but on Green days there are loads of choices for your HEB and I think tuna is one on them.. It's a few pages along from the HEB of bread that are free on all plans. If that makes sense! X

Back