just a quick rant about propoints

pearlypops

Sorry about the rant but sooo annoyed how many misleading things ive come across while using propints! my main annoying one ntoday being that i brought some weight watchers toffee and apple cakes, which says 2pp each on the box, sooo after eating two of them i thought "ahh not too bad only 4pp for the both of them" but noooooo, I went online to track them, put 2 cakes in and the propints went to 5! so misleading that with certain foods it can more than double if you eat more than one portion or serving! grrrrrr
ayway, sorry for the rant lol will just have to get use to not simply doubling pps if eating more than one portion! :(
Pearl

Hey,

It is a bit of a pain when that happens but you'll soon get to know the foods you use regular that it happens with. It does also go the other way aswell. Sometimes if you double a portion it can go down also so something with a pp value of 2 may have a pp value of 3 when doubled. Hope that makes sense.

Good luck,
Dan x

Hi dan,

Thanks for the reply. Oooooh well I'm happy to know that it can happen the other way round to! Glad to hear that the good can balance out the bad :) defo still getting use to this since only being on it for a week but glad to get all the new info I can so thanks again for the heads up! Take care & good luck,
Pearl

It annoys me when that happens too! I've never understood why. It really throws me off balance.

It's especially annoying when you don't really track online until the end of the day! So while your sitting there thinking you've had x amount of points, comes the time you track and you see that shockin point number that is bigger than you expected! Lol x

It happens because there are no half points anymore.

So for example if something works out as 2.4 points, you'd round down to 2 points because there is no such thing as 2.5 points. If you eat 2 of them it would work out as 4.8 points which you'd round up to 5.

Make sense? Baffled me for a while too but now i just double check everything!

Do u know what annoys me? When I half the portion eg 600g soup= 8pp but 300g is 5pp. So 2 portions= 5pp x 2. How's that fair?!?!

Do u know what annoys me? When I half the portion eg 600g soup= 8pp but 300g is 5pp. So 2 portions= 5pp x 2. How's that fair?!?!

Ooh thanks for pointing that out! I tend to do that alot with halving things and just assume it's gona be half the points!! Eeeeek! I guess I defo need to stop assuming lol gona get me in BIG trouble! :)
Xx

Ooh thanks for pointing that out! I tend to do that alot with halving things and just assume it's gona be half the points!! Eeeeek! I guess I defo need to stop assuming lol gona get me in BIG trouble! :)
Xx

Tracking is the only way hon! Try value diary app or something. It makes me mad! X

Tracking is the only way hon! Try value diary app or something. It makes me mad! X

Yh I do track, I use the weight watcher app to do my tracking but at times what I do is when I'm making a meal for me and the hubbie I will use the calculator to calculate all the ingredients for the meal, get the value and then just half it assuming that will be the value! Eeek! I've learnt so much new things since being on this and have learnt something's arnt as straight forward as they seem...last time I did weight watchers I didn't track anything and as u can possibly imagine it was a complete disaster, this time round I'm tracking everything! And with replys like yours it helps me to find things I may be doing wrong, sooo thanks again :)
Xx

You're so lovely! And polite! Good luck hon! Hope it all clicks for u! Good luck! Xxxxxx

Yh I do track, I use the weight watcher app to do my tracking but at times what I do is when I'm making a meal for me and the hubbie I will use the calculator to calculate all the ingredients for the meal, get the value and then just half it assuming that will be the value! Eeek! I've learnt so much new things since being on this and have learnt something's arnt as straight forward as they seem...last time I did weight watchers I didn't track anything and as u can possibly imagine it was a complete disaster, this time round I'm tracking everything! And with replys like yours it helps me to find things I may be doing wrong, sooo thanks again :)
Xx

Use the recipe builder and then say how many portions the recipe is for and it will calculate the points.

Its soooo annoying when that happens Pearl!
I had the lovely bonus of it being the other way round this week though. Quorn sausages are 2 points so I thought by having two I'd be using 4pp, but it tracked at 3pp! What a win!!! :-D

Back