Just a quickie

scooterchick

She's me in a few months
Is £2 per item expensive? Is my CDC taking advantage of having the monopoly or is £2 reasonable?

personally i think £2 is fine - I have choice in my area, and I pay that..

:)

Not sure -- Caroline G might know, and certainly the moderator KD who is a consultant.

MM

It's purely up to the individual. They can charge what they like. I've seen people charge that. I've seen people charge £1.85 for everything. Some more. I pay £1.75 for shakes, soups and porridge, £1.85 for tetras and £1.95 for bars. They're given an RRP, but they're self employed so set the prices themselves. Is there not another CDC you can see if you're not happy with those prices? Cheapest doesn't always mean best either though I have to say!

£2 is expensive by all means - wouldn't pay more than £1.70 for shakes and up to £2 for bars. But I learnt a hard way LOL

My CDC charges £1.80 for whatever you have. My Mom's charges £1.75 for sachets and £1.95 for bars and tetras. £2 does seem expensive to me, but do you go to her or does she come to you? If she comes to you she might add a bit on for her travel costs and time.

Mt CDC charges £2.15 per item, doesn't matter what you have. I go to see her as well, she is expensive but I really like her and that is also a factor to consider.
Maro

I pay £2 for bars and tetras, though my CDC charges £1.70 for the packs.

Personally I dont think £2 is expensive. If you think about going to say Starbucks, a coffee alone is almost £3.

If you paid £168 for someone to suck out a STONE of fat would you pay it? I would! thats essentially what the CD equates to.

I think its worth every penny.

Yes, I understand you reasoning.
But some ppl can no longer afford to go to Starbucks because of the price. With CD it's constant battle and yes in theory it should work every single time you spend your money - sadly it's not a case. And how often we have to battle with our bodies to keep losing these stubborn lbs!! So in practice it is much longer journey and works out a wee bit more for a stone lost.
Anyway, why would you pay £168 if you could have it for £151!!!
I preffer to spend a difference on myself. With a tight budget and number of stone to lose it does make a huge difference!!!

I think £2 a pack is expensive, my previous CDC charges £1.80 but he's further away so I have to weigh up the cost of my fuel to get to him with what I would save. However he also delivers when I'm stuck and can't get there, so I could weigh in with him every fortnight but get my gear (sounds like a drug dealer!) weekly. Decisions, decisions. However as I'm writin this down I'm leaning more towards going back to him, partly for cost, partly loyalty, if you see what I mean.

Back