Just an idle thought but.......

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Sweetpea, 8 October 2007 Social URL.

1. Sweetpea

Sweetpea Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I've noticed that some people on CD don't like a lot of the flavours and only stick to a very limited range. For example, I noticed that one person on CD only likes the chocolate tetras.

This just made me wonder what will happen afterwards. Would being on a diet where you only eat the sweet shakes mean you are more likely to succumb to sweets, choccies and desserts later on?

Thankfully I like quite a variety of the flavours and the diet seems to have killed off any cravings I used to have but I was just wondering whether only having the sweet shakes, bars and tetras keeps cravings alive?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. pippa

pippa Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    good point, i'm not sure.
    However, i had mostly soups to begin with because i never really crave sweet food. After discovering i HATE the soups, i've switched over to all shakes. But even now, i'd still rather have a pizza than a chocolate bar so there might be hope for us yet!

4. Harmy

Harmy Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    i officially hate the shakes aswell, im sticking to just shakes now.. i love the vanilla one its wkd! very valid point though!

5. missymoo

missymoo Fed up of being fat

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I only have the choc tetras watered down with hot water and a couple of the bars and I certainly dont think it will make me want to crave and buckle for sweet things when I finish. I intend to still eat chocolate things after this diet, the difference will be I will have it in moderation and not gorge or comfort eat like I used to, cd is teaching me to eat in moderation not to cut things out altogether.

6. skinnymonkey1day

skinnymonkey1day Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    soups

cant stand the soups:sign0137:... mind u some days the shakes make me gag a bit, love the bars not tried the tetras gonna get some on wednesday...:D

sharon x

7. xkarina24

xkarina24 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.64%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Ooh, well I was saying to my other half the other day that the diet is great, because the shakes are sweet I do not crave chocolate or sweets. when I try to diet the conventional way I cannot control my cravings and end up eating sweets.
    I hoping by the end of the diet I would have gone so long without chocolate that I wont buy it.

8. Sweetpea

Sweetpea Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I suppose your answer is the one that's answered my question - I was thinking that having the choccie shake might make people want chocolate afterwards but seems from your answer that that won't be the case.

9. Sweetpea

Sweetpea Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I'm obviously in one of those moods today for letting my mind wonder.......I wonder why I was such a big eater of sweet things and could have eaten chocolate for England before going on CD yet actually prefer the soups on this diet. Prior to CD I would hardly ever eat soup as I just didn't like it - except for the occasional mulligatawny. I adore the CD soups.

Something weird must have happened to me :D

10. Sweetpea

Sweetpea Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I hope it's teaching me to eat in moderation in the future too. I don't actually mind if I don't eat chocolate again afterwards - although I can't imagine not eating any for the rest of my life.

11. Sweetpea

Sweetpea Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hope you like the tetras then. It'lll be a nice change for you as you aren't keen on the soups and shakes.

12. Lilly

Lilly Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Me and my sis were on about this the other day! I've been craving tomatoes, jacket spuds and salmon salad - completely the opposite to junk food! Its bizarre! but then the bars are still like a treat to me so its not killed the choc gene!!

13. JodieJoJo

JodieJoJo Silver Member

interesting post. I always have a bar at night in bed but before i used to have chocolate or biscuits (or both!). I suppose my behaviour is the same so i think i will continue to have a cd bar in bed for the rest of my life!! If it stops me reaching for the biccies then its worth it!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.