Just an idle thought but.......

Sweetpea

I've noticed that some people on CD don't like a lot of the flavours and only stick to a very limited range. For example, I noticed that one person on CD only likes the chocolate tetras.

This just made me wonder what will happen afterwards. Would being on a diet where you only eat the sweet shakes mean you are more likely to succumb to sweets, choccies and desserts later on?

Thankfully I like quite a variety of the flavours and the diet seems to have killed off any cravings I used to have but I was just wondering whether only having the sweet shakes, bars and tetras keeps cravings alive?

good point, i'm not sure.
However, i had mostly soups to begin with because i never really crave sweet food. After discovering i HATE the soups, i've switched over to all shakes. But even now, i'd still rather have a pizza than a chocolate bar so there might be hope for us yet!

i officially hate the shakes aswell, im sticking to just shakes now.. i love the vanilla one its wkd! very valid point though!

I only have the choc tetras watered down with hot water and a couple of the bars and I certainly dont think it will make me want to crave and buckle for sweet things when I finish. I intend to still eat chocolate things after this diet, the difference will be I will have it in moderation and not gorge or comfort eat like I used to, cd is teaching me to eat in moderation not to cut things out altogether.

soups

cant stand the soups:sign0137:... mind u some days the shakes make me gag a bit, love the bars not tried the tetras gonna get some on wednesday...:D

sharon x

Ooh, well I was saying to my other half the other day that the diet is great, because the shakes are sweet I do not crave chocolate or sweets. when I try to diet the conventional way I cannot control my cravings and end up eating sweets.
I hoping by the end of the diet I would have gone so long without chocolate that I wont buy it.

good point, i'm not sure.
However, i had mostly soups to begin with because i never really crave sweet food. After discovering i HATE the soups, i've switched over to all shakes. But even now, i'd still rather have a pizza than a chocolate bar so there might be hope for us yet!

I suppose your answer is the one that's answered my question - I was thinking that having the choccie shake might make people want chocolate afterwards but seems from your answer that that won't be the case.

I'm obviously in one of those moods today for letting my mind wonder.......I wonder why I was such a big eater of sweet things and could have eaten chocolate for England before going on CD yet actually prefer the soups on this diet. Prior to CD I would hardly ever eat soup as I just didn't like it - except for the occasional mulligatawny. I adore the CD soups.

Something weird must have happened to me :D

I only have the choc tetras watered down with hot water and a couple of the bars and I certainly dont think it will make me want to crave and buckle for sweet things when I finish. I intend to still eat chocolate things after this diet, the difference will be I will have it in moderation and not gorge or comfort eat like I used to, cd is teaching me to eat in moderation not to cut things out altogether.

I hope it's teaching me to eat in moderation in the future too. I don't actually mind if I don't eat chocolate again afterwards - although I can't imagine not eating any for the rest of my life.

Me and my sis were on about this the other day! I've been craving tomatoes, jacket spuds and salmon salad - completely the opposite to junk food! Its bizarre! but then the bars are still like a treat to me so its not killed the choc gene!!

interesting post. I always have a bar at night in bed but before i used to have chocolate or biscuits (or both!). I suppose my behaviour is the same so i think i will continue to have a cd bar in bed for the rest of my life!! If it stops me reaching for the biccies then its worth it!

Back