Just bereaved....

kazz

Gold Member
Hi everyone, I just got a phone call from my dad to tell me our cat has died. I am very very upset and have tears running down my face as I type this. My daughter Chloe (6) is completely distraught also. We had him for going on 20 yrs and he was about 6 yrs old when we got him. I realise he was very old, but it still hurts. I cannot imagine going to vist my parents at Christmas and not having Dinky drool all over us (problems with his teeth) He irritated me at times, because you know how cats 'knead' you...well he did it with his claws and it hurt. We often joked that if he was a person, he would be a very distinguished gentleman with a top hat and silver topped cane, and a cigar smoker. He didnt suffer, his heart just gave out. He hasnt been ill, he was just old.

He is to be cremated and I have asked my parents to wait until we come back to Ireland at christmas to scatter his ashes, in our garden. Chloe wants his ashes scattered in her bedroom in my parents house, because he loved being there.

I feel worse than if a person had died...whenever I was down, Dinky was there. When I was on anti depressants, he used to curl up on my lap and just purr away. He used to follow me to the bus stop in the mornings on my way to work and he DID talk to me. I loved that cat so much and he is one of the things I missed most when I moved away.

Poor Dinky...

animals can do no wrong .........they are there for us through thick and thin ...hugs to you ...........xxxxx

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

xxxx

Hi Kazz,

So sorry to hear about your beloved cat...our pets do become such a big part of our lives, they mark time along with us down the years and when they die it is like a piece of us goes with them.

hugs2.gif

Love Mini xxx

aww im so sorry, i dont think people without pets appreciate the loss when a loved pet passes away, i know its hard but he is still there in spirit,

Oh Kazz - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I felt the same when my dog died - I still miss her 20 years later. The only comfort I can offer you is that your lovely cat knew how much he was loved and will be waiting for you to give him a cuddle when you pass over into the next life.

BIG HUGS, hun!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks everyone...I missed him so much when we moved over here and anytime we talk about going home the first thing Chloe says is that shes going to look after Dinky. I know he had a good long privileged life, he barely even walked cod he was just lazy, but he had lost a lot of weight over the last couple of yrs and I think he only weighed about 4lbs...poor poor dinky....hes gone to meet cleo and cj & crocker (our dog that died when I was little).

Thinking of you xxx
I know how it feels, My Snowy was 20yrs old when she passed over nearly 8 yrs ago now, it does get easier but it is tough.
I have 2 rascals now who are 8 & 9 yrs old and have had them since they were both 6-7 weeks old, that is gonna be major tough when they sadly go.

The ashes thing is a fab idea, Christmas will be a good time to do it.

Hi Kazz,
Sorry to hear your news, my girl cat Aoife was buried on Friday and although we'd only had her for 9 months she's left quite a hole!
Thinking of you.
Love,
A
xxxx

Cheers Kazz,

We buried her in the front flower bed, right outside the front door. It's south facing so in the spring I shall plant a beautiful plant and think of her when it flowers!
My son (going thru a deeply religious phase at the moment) wants an eternal flame, water feature, obelisk etc etc - she's the first pet he's lost so he's taking it very hard - and he is only 7!

A
xxxx:D

I lost my gorgeous rabbit Hazel and so know how you are all feeling. Bought a hazel tree which is planted in the back garden near to Hazel. Was just looking at his photos the other day and had plenty of tears
Irene xx

When Chloe heard he was being cremated she was full of questions cos shes never heard of it....the easist way I could explain it was to say instead of burying them, they get cremated and you can scatter the ashes in a place they liked to be....so she wants them scattered in her arms and bedroom at my parents house....cos thats where Dinky liked to be...my mum would have a fit!!

I like the idea of planting a tree....must mention that to the parentals!

Kazz, and AKB, and anyone else who is grieving a pet...

So sorry about your cats... :( losing a pet is a huge loss...

I think the idea of a plant is a lovely thing to do... some friends of mine did that but planted it in a pot, so , if they were to ever move they could take it with them too...:)

Sending hugs and love and thoughts of comfort to all touched by loss of a beloved pet. xx

Hi Kazz,
Sorry to hear your news, my girl cat Aoife was buried on Friday and although we'd only had her for 9 months she's left quite a hole!
Thinking of you.
Love,
A
xxxx

Sorry for your loss AKB:(

Sending hugs and love to comfort you.

Love Mini xxx

Back