Just bought a kettle bell

JustForMe

Gold Member
should arrive in a few days....wish me luck:)

Hu Justforme,
Thanks for posting that youtube link on kettlebells. Could you give me some info. on the benefits of kettlebells please? Are they more for the core and what advantage do they have over dumbells?

im no expert, i just read a few things on the internet....they increase your metabolism, icrease fat loss (but you need a good diet), arent to strenious and give an all body work out.

you can burn upto 1500kcal an hour using the really heavy ones but iv gone for a 8kg one to start with....

sorry i cant be much help but i found this for you to read...

Why kettlebells work so well

Hu Justforme,
Thanks for posting that youtube link on kettlebells. Could you give me some info. on the benefits of kettlebells please? Are they more for the core and what advantage do they have over dumbells?

Here's a quote I nicked from another site:
Those cast-iron cannonballs in your gym are weapons of body-mass destruction. The target: your belly, butt, hips, and thighs. "Kettlebells work the entire body while giving you a cardio workout," says Sarah Lurie, founder of Iron Core in La Jolla, California.

:D

i cant wait for mine to arrive, im on a bit of a low cal diet so weight training is better and i dont want body builder muscles ;)

i cant wait for mine to arrive, im on a bit of a low cal diet so weight training is better and i dont want body builder muscles ;)

:8855:

You won't end up with body builder muscles-well, that's me working under the assumption that you're a girl! Women don't have the right amount of testosterone in their bodies to produce that kind of muscle definition-yes figure athletes have more muscle tone than sally-in-the-street, but they train hard for it. You won't be doing that kind of training, I'm assuming again??
At the kost you'll end up with an Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider or Jessica Biel in Blade Trinity type figure. And I think we can safely say there's nothing wrong with that at all!;)

:8855:

You won't end up with body builder muscles-well, that's me working under the assumption that you're a girl! Women don't have the right amount of testosterone in their bodies to produce that kind of muscle definition-yes figure athletes have more muscle tone than sally-in-the-street, but they train hard for it. You won't be doing that kind of training, I'm assuming again??
At the kost you'll end up with an Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider or Jessica Biel in Blade Trinity type figure. And I think we can safely say there's nothing wrong with that at all!;)

haha yea im a girlie....ooo angies bod;) im not a lesbian but she does have a fantastic bod!

i dont want to end up like this:eek:

Attachments

• female_bodybuilder.jpg
    female_bodybuilder.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 119,338
was thinking of getting a kettlebell as well even though use the gym alot every one says they are great for weight loss ! (also seem great on the biggest loser program) any one know any shops that sell them so you can pick them up and decide waht weights right for you ?

got a 8kg from amazon for 20 squid:)

argos do them aswell!

lol better not look on ebay dread to think what postage cost would be :)

I use the 8 and 16 kg Kettle Bells in Thai Boxing, they are really good for your core movment and your rotational speed and strength.

One of the best excercises i can reccomend is to stand with your legs wide, knees slightly bent and hold the kettle bell in your hand abover your head and let it swing down between your legs in a 'pendulum' style motion and then return back to above your head.

Do 3 sets of 20 on both your left and right arm and you will have a great work out for your outer chest, shoulder, traps and tri's.

:cool:

Just don't let go of it :eek:

They are something i have never tried although i have seen them on the net and the TV, i am what you would call old school and use weights for 1 - 2 circuits per week.

I worked in the leisure industry for 10yrs gaining a leaders certificate by BAWLA and i am also a fully qualified swimming teacher (ASA).

Things have changed in the industry since i left in 94 but one things for sure exercise works! Someone recently quoted if one of the pharmacy companies had just brought exercise out as a med it would be the best med with the most benefits to ever be released!

There is another weight bearing exercise called cross fit which looks like a good calorie burner, i liked the YouTube video with the dead lifts at the start. These are my favourite movement ( i use a barbell ) and you can tell they work well when you have an appetite shortly afterwards.

Movements like deadlifts are core movements and they are also compound movements in which major muscle groups are used along with smaller muscle groups. These are the best ones to use in the attack against fat, isolation movements like arm curls are OK if want to just work your biceps or do a little extra on them but overall here compounds are the way to go IMHO : )

I have now had a look into kettlebell workouts and while not owning one i substituted a solid 12kg dumbell ... OMG i am going to have to get one!

Just a basic swing really gets the blood pumping, i could only describe as a smooth form of a clean ... very impressed so thanks for the original post!

saw them on gmtv this morning, looked impressive but then every new fad does! good luck with yours :)

To what i can make kettlebells are what the strong men used to use when nothing was in colour, i am also under the impression they are originally a Russian training aid.

For me i wouldnt do soley kettlebells or weights, i like to do a bit of several forms of exercise but i sure will add some kettlebell exercises into my week.

Last edited:
Back