Just can't get started..

Jambro

Hi everyone,
I really don't know whats the matter with
me.I can't get going on CD this time.
It is my 3rd attempt and I know once I am past the first few days I will be in ketosis and will be fine. Everyday I start motivated, have my porridge but come lunch time Im off the wagon!
I tried drinking more water but it didn't seem to help.
Some advice please people!!

I remember you :)

Hello again :) :)

Sometimes I think it takes a few starts to really get going !! Some are v lucky doing it first time off but doesn't mean they're any better ;)

Have another go, make sure you have valid reasons in doing this and remember what they are

Give yourself a reward for every stone

You can do it x

What happens at lunchtime?

Are you at home?
In the office?
Making kids lunch?

If its a habit thing, break the habit e.g. get away from your desk for a walk, water in one hand, shake in the other, if its at home try to keep busy, pick lunchtime to have a manicure, paint your nails. Distraction is really important to me the first few days.

Why not try having an extra tetra split into two hot chocs for the first few days. Better to have the enxtra 140cals from one tetra than not getting on, then after a few days ketosis will be in, and you can drop the extra pack.

Good luck

Hi, I do ss+ so am allowed milk, and I find that I get my pick-me ups from a good cup of coffee,when I was being a cd angel I lost 4st 12 in 4 months and I swear my mugs of coffee were such a help.x

really when im getting back in to it i just have to grit my teeth, distract myself and get on with it, those first few days my head pops up with many different reasons for eating something and starting tomorrow insted. cant listen to that voice or ill never get to ketosis, lol

i have my water with me at all times, bottles of the stuff in living room, bedroom and kitchen, all stuff for the others is kept well out of my view and the really bad stuff is kept on top of cupboards so me being short and rotund i cant reach it or climb to get it so it doesnt bother me
i spend my free time in the bath tub, doing my nails ( i end up painting my toenails in pretty patterns to strech the time out ) i body buff and moisturise to within an inch of my life, lol
of course theres minimins to visit, i play games online, on my phone, on the ds, anything to keep my hands and my mind busy
i also live with the food police who watches what i do at all times, lol

good luck hun, you can do it, you just need to get your head in that place that your determined to sucseed, keep coming to see us here and let us know how your feeling, come see us on the daily, come hourly if needs be, always someone about to chat to

Maybe try 810? So you have a meal to look forward to. I am the same as you, this is my 2nd CD restart and I did LL for a couple of weeks as well. This time my circumstances are better - I live alone now and miles from a shop, I work long hours and I have no social life as I've just moved to a new town! My problems before were my boyfriend eating around me, working and living next to shops and my friends wanting me to go out all the time. I should be sad about my current situation but I am just seeing it as a chance to get skinny!!! The circumstances have to be right for a diet this drastic I think, unless you're one of these amazing people who manage to do the diet while cooking for others - I take my hat off to them!!!!

its all down to discipline

Hi everyone,
I really don't know whats the matter with
me.I can't get going on CD this time.
It is my 3rd attempt and I know once I am past the first few days I will be in ketosis and will be fine. Everyday I start motivated, have my porridge but come lunch time Im off the wagon!
I tried drinking more water but it didn't seem to help.
Some advice please people!!

Hey , it must be the name Jackie lol , cos I'm the same , but I get to say 7pm and then go down hill , come on Jackie lets get to thinking the sooner the better ! lets have one full 100% after another !

really when im getting back in to it i just have to grit my teeth, distract myself and get on with it, those first few days my head pops up with many different reasons for eating something and starting tomorrow insted. cant listen to that voice or ill never get to ketosis, lol

i def agree with claire on this!
its about ignoring that voice that gives you a million and one reasons why you ought to eat. you must must must ignore it! its about deciding whats more important - losing weight v's another day of eating and waking up feeling sh!te :(

i hope you can do it, it is really worth the nasty first few days. i am now getting to the end of week 4 of my restart and feel great. but i spent all of last year attempting to get back on the wagon. so i know how frustrating it is! xxxx

Back