Just Dance

Smirky

Gold Member
Was wondering who else has this? and what differences they have noticed in themselves? definitely feel it in my arms, but as also wondering would people call this as low intensity when exercising? ... surely it can't be moderate?

I would think dancing comes under moderate to vigorous exercise depending on how energetic you are at it.

Moderate exercise should make you feel slightly out of breath. You should feel slightly worn out, but not to the point where it's unbearable.

Vigorous exercise should make you breathe rapidly and break into a sweat. You should feel like you are just at the point where you are pushing your boundaries (without doing your body any damage!).

What's the difference between light, moderate and vigorous exercise?

I agree - I put this down as moderate. Though if I do all the 3star effort ones, then it sure as heck trips over into vigorous!!
I do this alongside EA Sports Active (and Wii Fit Plus, though not so often these days). I have to knock out all the lower body exercises on the Active due to knee problems, so that workout is primarily cardio and upper body. Along with Just Dance, I've seen a real improvement in my 'bingo wings', and my bust is shrinking - not sure if I'm actually losing weight there or just toning up though, but either way I'm very pleased with the results so far.

It's fairly addictive wouldn't you agree??? lol

I agree - I put this down as moderate. Though if I do all the 3star effort ones, then it sure as heck trips over into vigorous!!
I do this alongside EA Sports Active (and Wii Fit Plus, though not so often these days). I have to knock out all the lower body exercises on the Active due to knee problems, so that workout is primarily cardio and upper body. Along with Just Dance, I've seen a real improvement in my 'bingo wings', and my bust is shrinking - not sure if I'm actually losing weight there or just toning up though, but either way I'm very pleased with the results so far.

It's fairly addictive wouldn't you agree??? lol

it's definitely addictive! i love it! ... any suggestions on how to tone up the bingo wings please? that's my weakest point :( i love just dance for it, but i also have EA sports, what particular things do you do on there ? thankyou! :)

any suggestions on how to tone up the bingo wings please? that's my weakest point :( i love just dance for it, but i also have EA sports, what particular things do you do on there ? thankyou! :)

I've been doing the 30 day challenge on Active and make sure I have the tension band really tight with the upper body exercises. With Just Dance I've found that there are a fair few dances with lots of arm movements. I can really feel that I've worked out my arms and shoulders as long as I make sure I really make sure I do the full extensions on those arm movements.

Other than that, the only tip really, is to just keep going! The more you do, the more progress you'll make. Also, make sure you have variety so you don't get into a routine and your body gets used to what you're doing - keep it guessing!! lol

i have just dance and i love it, apart from today wen i mis-landed and injured my foot on it this morning lolol!

I've been doing the 30 day challenge on Active and make sure I have the tension band really tight with the upper body exercises. With Just Dance I've found that there are a fair few dances with lots of arm movements. I can really feel that I've worked out my arms and shoulders as long as I make sure I really make sure I do the full extensions on those arm movements.

Other than that, the only tip really, is to just keep going! The more you do, the more progress you'll make. Also, make sure you have variety so you don't get into a routine and your body gets used to what you're doing - keep it guessing!! lol

excellent thankyou!! i may try EA sports one night and then just dance the next, then other week whole week of just dance, next week whole week of EA sports and go like that! hopefully will shock the arms into action! hehe, i use to do the boxing on EA sports that hurt! lol ... and also boxing when doing the normal wii sports hurts hehe :) thanks again xx

i have just dance and i love it, apart from today wen i mis-landed and injured my foot on it this morning lolol!

LOL what one was you dancing along too? only ones i jump about to are ceaser jerk it out, and cotton eye joe! those i really go for and love acceptable in the 80s! :D

If you haven't already get a blue resistance band from ebay, you'll certainly notice a difference. The other thing is tricep dips on the bottom step or a chair. Or bottles of water as resistance.

If you haven't already get a blue resistance band from ebay, you'll certainly notice a difference. The other thing is tricep dips on the bottom step or a chair. Or bottles of water as resistance.

how do you tricep dips please? i already have the blue resistance band! but think i need to get one that's a bit longer as it's hopeless trying to use it as times to stretch higher up! :( by using water bottles do you mean use them like weights?

thank you so much for help and your time xxx

Gosh you must be strong if the blue one isn't challenging you! The black one is the hardest.Yes you can use 2 litre milk bottles of water to work your triceps, but if you use your body weight you will get results far quicker. Cop this

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx9gVDCnT84

Gosh you must be strong if the blue one isn't challenging you! The black one is the hardest.Yes you can use 2 litre milk bottles of water to work your triceps, but if you use your body weight you will get results far quicker. Cop this

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx9gVDCnT84

excellent thank you so much! my arms really are huge and people do say i don't know my own strength when it comes to using them like carrying things and lifting etc! i work at M&S on produce so it's constant lifting of veg and fruit lol thanks again :)

originally i connected the nunchuck to the wii remote and then found it was too short to do the wide arms on Just Dance, but i have now taken the nun chuck off, much better :silly:

I went on a toning table for the first time today and can really feel it on the back of my arms... definitely worth a go! Also, lift your water bottles above your head and bend your elbow... not sure what the lift is called but it was recommended to me by an instructor at the gym.

Back