Just down......... needed to chat.

Sez

has started again!!
:sigh: Just feeling so low right now. My "bite" on my ankle doesnt seem any better despite anti-bi's, in fact its swollen again now and my leg feels so bruised further up the calf now.:cry:

I am hungry, tired and just p*ssed off in general. Been invited out for a drink tonight so will have to take my fizzy water with me, and pretend I dont want any of the snacks (olives, tortillas etc), when I so do.

aaarrrgh..... dont know what to do with myself and even if this all worth any of it any more. Little girl in class at school yesterday asked me, very sweetly (she is only 6 and adorable) "Mrs Watts, whatis wrong with your arms?" I thought about fobbing her off, but then decided to tell the truth.... "I once was very fat, and my skin was stretched, like a balloon when its blown up. You know what a balloon looks like once the air is out of it? Yes, well thats why my arms are like this now." She just smiled and said "Ok" and went back to her maths!

My arms are bluddy vile, the stretch marks from the flab are now crinkly and saggy and I could take off in a gentle breeze. :( And as for my belly, dont get me started there......

Sorry, guys, just feeling so sorry for myself now. I go away and come back later when I can help not hinder! bye bye:cry::cry:

hun, sending you BIG HUGS... :hug99::hug99:. I hope your ankle gets better soon and enjoy your night out.

awww hunny, keep your chin up, get yourself some bio oil to help reduce the appearance of the stretchmarks.

Are you on SS?

Your antibiotics should kick in within around 48hrs, they may need changing tho' if there is no improvement.

Did the GP give you any anti-inflammatory meds?

debs x

don't know what to say other than hang in there hun, it will pass and you've done so well already xx

:hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99:

Everyone has down days, today just so happens to be yours! Keep your chin up and you'll be feeling better in no time!

Hope you feel better soon! :)

awww hunny, keep your chin up, get yourself some bio oil to help reduce the appearance of the stretchmarks.

Are you on SS?

Your antibiotics should kick in within around 48hrs, they may need changing tho' if there is no improvement.

Did the GP give you any anti-inflammatory meds?

debs x

Yes, on SS. No anti inflammatory meds either?

Don't despair - just keep your eye on the ball. Try to think of all the wonderful things that you want to, and will do when you've reached target.
As for the body issues - I think we all have them..fat or thin. Did you like your body when you were heavier? I think that in time you'll get used to your new body.
As for the children...I'm a teacher too, I teach children with special needs - they say EXACTLY what they think. I've decided to just accept it. Even if the most beautiful, well toned woman in the world walked into my class I can bet you they'd find some irregularity to point out!!
Best of luck, hope you feel better about things soon.
Ceri

Yes, on SS. No anti inflammatory meds either?

(are you asthmatic?) suprised at the no anti inflammatories hun, best thing for swelling. (as well as keeping it raised as much as poss) it could be that the gp didnt give them to you because you are abstaining from conventional food.

Just a thought, but, why dont you give SS+ a go so that you have a small meal to look forward to? plus it would give you the chance to take some ibuprofen because you would have food in your stomach to help.

debs x

:hug99: I know it might not make you feel any better if today is going to be 'one of those days' but however you feel about your body right now, just remember that losing weight is the best thing you could ever do for it; maybe not on the outside (although that's debateable), but definitely on the inside. Your heart is going to thank you, and your risks of cancer and many other horrible diseases are now less than before. So next time you feel your arms are saggy, say 'thank God for that' because it's a sign that you have possibly saved yourself and your loved ones the heartbreak of problems later on.

Besides, I don't know what you look like Sez, but I know from all your messages that you are a warm, loving and caring person and you most certainly are beautiful to all of us, so what if you've got bingo wings at least it's not piles, a bald head etc etc... :D

Aww (((hugs))) hun. Some anti bios have a side effect of mild depression. Check the leaflet. Also you have an infection and on a vlcd it's no wonder your'e pissed off. Hang in there.

What lovely women you all are, thank you so much. Sorry to have been a drip, didnt really know how to handle my blues!!

I'll be ok, got two more packs for today so will have one now before I go out, blame the anti-bi's for the water not wine(!!) and try to feel proud that I am no longer 20stone+. It is easy to forget how we once were and only live in the present (in a negative way).

Debz, I am not asthmatic and I am not sure this GP was aware of the vlcd. My own GP was approached when I first started LL last Feb, but I dont think they now know about CD as my BMI was low enough not to need their say so this time. Well, it wasnt mentioned at my GP appt this Fri. anyway!

Barbiegirl - That Gok reference was just what I needed. I am such a huge fan of his but had temporarily forgotten how inspiring he is!

:psiholog: See how good we are at this :D

If your leg keeps on hurting tomorrow why don't you take yourself off to the nearest walk-in centre (if you've got one) and get someone there to look at it, they can give you medication on the spot. And if you haven't got a walk-in centre and you think you can make it until Monday, go straight back to the GP's and get someone else to have a look at it.

In the meantime, have one of these...

:grouphugg:

Morning hope you are feeling better today. You have done so well and are an inspiration to many of us. :hug99:

Hi all!! Not so glum today!! Just packed picnic for family after they watch me do Race for Life, sun cream too so not all bad! LOL!

Oh and scales show me 3lb down since staying the same for my WI last Tues so that certainly helps!!

Thanks to everyone who has been so kind. You guys rock!!

Back