Just for interest - comparison with LL and CWP

Poppysparkle

Silver Member
So, as you might know I did LighterLife last time and very successfully too. Not one thing passed my lips apart from the water/coffee/shakes and bars for more than 20 weeks. It was easy in one way and I was scared when I had to start eating again and I missed my packs so much!!

So, I knew this time, after having had my fifth baby, I needed to do exactly the same diet again, as Slimming World/WeightWatchers just take too long for me. I couldn't afford LL, so here I am.

I have to say that Cambridge is far more flexible as you can move up and down the plans as you wish, to suit your life at the time.

I have started doing SS+ this week, and was worried that I would stop losing weight at such a fabulous rate. In one way if I only lose a couple of pounds this week, that's fine as I think I am due the TOTM and also, I only lost 2lb on LL at this same stage, so that's fine. However, I have absolutely loved adding some food. It's made it SO much easier to stick to and I know I will be able to it long term.

I asked on the LL forum last night on the calories in the packs I used to have. It's four packs on LL, and I used to have three vanilla shakes made with hot water, which were very nice, and a cranberry bar. This all came to about 700 calories a day. When I was doing SS the past couple of weeks, I was having about 472 calories a day, and now with the added food, it only comes to about 672 calories max!! So, no wonder SS+ still gives you great losses according to those who are on it!

I now would choose Cambridge every time!

That's really interesting Poppy! I wonder if LL will introduce something similar to ss+ eventually. I had a look at the evante site yesterday just out of interest and their plan which is similar to ss+ works out to be 1000cals a day as they suggest 400kcal meal. I wonder if their weightlosses would be less then ss+ then.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ok, I'm officially thick!! I have just had it pointed out that I added up the calories wrong!!! Doh!

So, LL was only 525 cals! I am eating a max of 672. Hmm, we'll see what the difference is then, as I will have a direct comparison.

B2B25 - LL have LL Lite, or something like that, where I think you eat 3 packs and a meal - not sure if this is correct as I didn't do it. So you do have that option.

I've tried Exante too, but didn't like a lot of the flavours that you get in the variety pack, and you couldn't choose your own. Also gave me real stomach problems for some reason!!

Back