Just for interest - comparison with LL and CWP

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Poppysparkle, 3 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Poppysparkle

Poppysparkle Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(20.96%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    So, as you might know I did LighterLife last time and very successfully too. Not one thing passed my lips apart from the water/coffee/shakes and bars for more than 20 weeks. It was easy in one way and I was scared when I had to start eating again and I missed my packs so much!!

So, I knew this time, after having had my fifth baby, I needed to do exactly the same diet again, as Slimming World/WeightWatchers just take too long for me. I couldn't afford LL, so here I am.

I have to say that Cambridge is far more flexible as you can move up and down the plans as you wish, to suit your life at the time.

I have started doing SS+ this week, and was worried that I would stop losing weight at such a fabulous rate. In one way if I only lose a couple of pounds this week, that's fine as I think I am due the TOTM and also, I only lost 2lb on LL at this same stage, so that's fine. However, I have absolutely loved adding some food. It's made it SO much easier to stick to and I know I will be able to it long term.

I asked on the LL forum last night on the calories in the packs I used to have. It's four packs on LL, and I used to have three vanilla shakes made with hot water, which were very nice, and a cranberry bar. This all came to about 700 calories a day. When I was doing SS the past couple of weeks, I was having about 472 calories a day, and now with the added food, it only comes to about 672 calories max!! So, no wonder SS+ still gives you great losses according to those who are on it!

I now would choose Cambridge every time!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. B2B25/8

B2B25/8 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    That's really interesting Poppy! I wonder if LL will introduce something similar to ss+ eventually. I had a look at the evante site yesterday just out of interest and their plan which is similar to ss+ works out to be 1000cals a day as they suggest 400kcal meal. I wonder if their weightlosses would be less then ss+ then.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

4. Poppysparkle

Poppysparkle Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(20.96%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Ok, I'm officially thick!! I have just had it pointed out that I added up the calories wrong!!! Doh!

So, LL was only 525 cals! I am eating a max of 672. Hmm, we'll see what the difference is then, as I will have a direct comparison.

B2B25 - LL have LL Lite, or something like that, where I think you eat 3 packs and a meal - not sure if this is correct as I didn't do it. So you do have that option.

I've tried Exante too, but didn't like a lot of the flavours that you get in the variety pack, and you couldn't choose your own. Also gave me real stomach problems for some reason!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.