Just got back from holiday and SSed all the way

Big H

Silver Member
I've been away on holiday for 6 days and SSed 100% for the whole holiday. Am I glad I did it? Now! "Yes" Would I advise anybody to do it or would I do it again? "No!!!"

It was horrible. I sat 5 nights in restauramts drinking water whilst people ate Pizzas, Carbonaras, Rissotos, Burgers, Curries - not to mention the deserts :cry:. The part of the day where people plan where to go to eat for the evening meant nothing to me because I couldn't have cared less where we went!

I think that if you work really hard for the few short breaks you get, you should just enjoy them.

wow well done that is amazing you must have tons of willpower.
i find it helps imaging how many cals are in it.

wow well done that is amazing you must have tons of willpower.
i find it helps imaging how many cals are in it.

It's weird becuase where food is concerned I have absolutely no willpower, but when I abstain completely (i.e SS) somehow I can say "No" I just wish I could carry that resolve through to when I start eating again - never have been able to before :(

This is interesting that you say this(im going abroad in just over 3 weeks) and am surprised you wouldn't recommend anyone to do it,did you loose weight while out there?Well done too!
xx

You have done amazing and should feel really proud of yourself :)

Takes a lot if will power to achieve well done ;-) xx

This is interesting that you say this(im going abroad in just over 3 weeks) and am surprised you wouldn't recommend anyone to do it,did you loose weight while out there?Well done too!
xx

Not sure how much I lost, will weigh in, in morning.

I wouldn't recommend it because it spoilt my holiday. I spent 6 days wishing it away and wanting to get home. It was pretty grim. I am always the one that says the prize is worth the pain, but when it comes to holidays (that come around very rarely and cost lots of money) I'm not so sure.

I'm pleased you made it, but I'm sorry the experience was not good for you. I really resented my friends making me go with them to meals on holiday - one dreadful three hour brunch 30 mins walk from the beach I had to sit out drinking horrible coffee wishing I was swimming or doing what I wanted rather than watching everyone coo over smoothies. That was the worst moment and for the rest of the week I said 'I'll stop with you and keep you company for a quick bite, or you can bring lunch down to the beach, but I am not stopping my fun to watch you have a meal'.

rachy1986 said:
xx

I did it and would recommend it, I went to Florida for two weeks and took my shakes. I made a deal with myself to SS as much as possible but if doing so meant my holiday was ruined I'd eat. But I only ate a couple of SS+ meals and came back happier and lighter for doing it. I'd have easily piled on the best part of a stone if I hadn't! It didn't spoil my holiday because I was happy to be losing not gaining.

It's weird becuase where food is concerned I have absolutely no willpower, but when I abstain completely (i.e SS) somehow I can say "No" I just wish I could carry that resolve through to when I start eating again - never have been able to before :(

Wewll done on sticking to SS while on holiday, you'll be glad when you step on the scales.

I'm the same I'm fine when I abstain completely find it easier to say no, thenwhen food is in the equation, ie 810/1000 plan

Well just weighed in and I lost 7 pounds, so I guess it was worth it :D

wow! Congrats!! bet you feel amazing and so proud to have such amazing willpower!!

Thanks. Yeh I'm pleased now, but I was a miserable sod when I was away :D

Back