Just got my BFP but have so many concerns

LuckyLucy

Hi ladies

I just got my BFP and Im so happy but Im also so worried..... Im about 15 stone 11 at the moment and Im petrified that Im going to get a lot of hassle from doctors etc about being overweight. I have one of those B shape bellys at the moment too.....am I gonna just look overweight during the pregnancy or will I get a D shape baby bump??

Firstly, Congratulations! What a wonderful time for you!

I have a B belly too and lost that for sure. ((hugs)) baby really does fill things out - and my bottom part of my belly was under my bump.

If you are concerned about your weight - and don't want to gain anymore then Slimming world is safe in pregnancy but best to talk to your Midwife.

In my experience they were really supportive and never asked my weight after my booking in appointment.

I did have a comment from a sonographer about not getting a good scan because I was overweight but she was a grumpy moo anyhow! lol I just smiled sweetly.. well I'm not the only one to have a baby while obese and we won't be the last either eh! lol

Try not to fret too much, you'll see your midwife more than your GP by far.

Hope you have a wonderful pregnancy, make the most of every day as it passes all too fast! lol

Congratulations Lucy, I'm in exactly the same position as you. Just got my BFP this morning.

If it helps at all, my Mum spoke to the gynaecologist that she does secretarial work for about me and she saw a pic of me, was told my BMI and weight and said that I shouldn't worry.

However I'm eating healthily (I may move on to SW though) and my main issue is getting exercise into my daily routine (as I work from home) so I just need to drag my DH out for a daily walk for half an hour at least :)

Here's to a happy and healthy pregnancy for both of us :)

Huge congrats hon, fantastic news! I was heavier than that at the start of both of my pregs, and was lucky that there was never any comments made about it. Don't let it spoil your preg hunni xxx

Thanks ladies for all the fab replies. Ive calmed down a bit about it now. Ive a lot of things coming up 2 hen nights and my sisters wedding so will have to try and wing it for the moment.

Sarah congrats to you too! How far along are you?

Im in Ireland girls so not sure how the midwife thing etc works. Ive an appointment for my GP on Wed so hopefully I can sort it all out then.

I'm 2 weeks since conception and 4 weeks if you go from my last period. Very early days and so I know we're in the risky period (and not telling anyone we know yet besides my parents!). Just keeping fingers crossed that it sticks.

Congratulations Lucy and Sarah!
I have to say in my experience it's down to individual doctors. Some fixate on your weight and others couldn't care less. Also different NHS trusts have different guidelines as to when you fall into "high risk" status, here it's BMI above 30 but where my SiL lives it's got to be above 40 before they offer you things like glucose tolerance tests and growth scans. Your MW will tell you more at your booking appointment but try not to worry. Yes, there are extra risks associated with being pregnant and overweight but as long as you're sensible and aware then there's no reason why you can't enjoy a healthy, active pregnancy :)

congratulations guys :)

where i am if you are over bmi of 35 then you go onto consultant care, i slipped under at 34.5 :)

i have been doing slimming world for three weeks and could not recommend it enough. i've lost half a stone so far. it is strange as they can't recommend weight loss goals or anything, but me and bump have been eating so much more healthily which is why i wanted to do it but losing weight is great too. at this rate i'm going to be lighter than when i conceived after i give birth :)

i do still have a b-shaped bump but that's mainly because of where i carry my weight and that my waist just WILL NOT stretch, although it's doing it's best with all my stretch marks being on my waist, ha. but it doesn't matter, i have a healthy baby in there and most maternity clothes hide the bottom of the b :)

good luck guys.

abz xx

Hi Abz

Ive actually just sent an email off to slimming world to see if i can go while pregnant in ireland. Just have to wait for a reply now.

lol! Im laughin at you sayin you still have a B belly?? I cant picture it? I think Im gonna be the same. I dont understand what you mean though that the tops cover your bottom belly? I would have thought that the bottom belly would have been baby and then I would have my spare tyre for my top belly?

Confused :eek::(

well i carry all my weight under my tummy button and had a flat tummy above. if you carry weight above your tummy button then you are more likely to get a round bump. however at 34ish weeks pregnant my baby is high up. so all my bump is pretty high up and under tummy button is all flabby, ha. so i guess it just depends on where you carry your baby. once they start getting bigger and moving up is when most people lose the B, but of course i carry my weight in the wrong place for this :)

abz xx

well that's my bump from the top :) toes sticking out and all, not that i can see them. bump from the side is a little more flabsome :) but she's lovely really, ha.

Hey Lucy, any update on how things are going? Not seen you around for a while! Hope all is well with you and the bump x :)

Back