Just had Carbonara...

Foxtrot

Is back in the saddle!
...and it's interesting! Quite creamy and plenty of pasta twirls. There is a strange bitter after taste but nothing I couldn't become used to.

At least it has texture!!! :D

And dinner tonight was the Pea and Ham soup. Now that is really quite a good flavour match.

Now the Apple and Cinnamon porridge is lovely!!! Deffo a convert to that!

I hope we get those flavours in soon. They sound good!

I also had carbonara today for lunch. it quite liked it - but had to use much more water than they recommended.

Not so sure on the porridge tho. Too sweet for me and the texture was odd. Kind of "bitty". I did whizz it with the blender tho. maybe i should just mix it with a fork or something.

Pea and ham for dinner tonight.

Omg it is delicious just got home from weigh in and had it! Was lovely felt like I was being naughty with the pasta in it feels like a "proper" meal

How was the pea and ham soup? I had the apple and cinnamon porridge for brekkie today, the smell alone was yumzles! I thought it tasted really good too, it was nice to have a bit more flavouring than before=) also tried the pasta one last night, like jos i wasn't too impressed, but i got two of them so will try with more water next time, nzmegs do you remember how much more water you used when making yours?xxxxx

I thought it was quite good but you have to like pea and ham in the real world too, I know lots don't. Isn't the A&C porridge yum? Must go and exchange my normal ones for some more of those. I slackened the pasta off too but then I have them all really quite runny, I don't think I've ever measured the water to any of them, just add to taste! lol

How was the pea and ham soup? I had the apple and cinnamon porridge for brekkie today, the smell alone was yumzles! I thought it tasted really good too, it was nice to have a bit more flavouring than before=) also tried the pasta one last night, like jos i wasn't too impressed, but i got two of them so will try with more water next time, nzmegs do you remember how much more water you used when making yours?xxxxx

I have no oidea about how much water. I put it in the microwave with the rcommended amount and when it went through the first 1.30 mins I added loads more water until it was much more saucy. Then I put it on for the next 1.30mins and then topped it up with a little more water. it also thickens as you let it cool. I just like a bit more sauce, I guess.

The pea and ham is ok. the best thing is that it mixes up really easily. Oh and I discovered that the porridge doesn't need whizzing. it also mixes up more easily than the other porridge does.

Tonight I had the pasta and really enjoyed it. I added about 150ml of hot water and then stirred after 1 min, 2 min and 2.5 mins. Lots of stiring is necessay I think to avoid a skin forming... Sounds yummy doesn't it?!

I then had the apple and cin porridge for supper. Yummy!!! I don't like the normal porridge (too sweet) but I loved this - it even smells lovely! Did stir it half way through cooking - apart from that made it the way the instructions said.

Carbonara

Soooooo happy they have this now. I think it's good to have the normality of a hot meal to sit down to, and this is much nicer than the chilli. We do not speak of the shepherds pie - that made me retch so much just from the smell that it went in the bin!

I loaded the carbonara up with tabasco and black pepper, made it really quite edible.

well I am actually a bit jealous of you guys!! wish I had got to try a VLCD carbonara when I did LighterLife !!! :( hehe

I'm loving it too, not quite got the cooking right yet, but practise makes perfect!

Think I've got the knack at last .... 200ml of water 1min 30, stir, 1 min 30.
Yum!

Back