just had to tell you all

SLACK ALICE

Silver Member
Last night we had a lamb roast dinner, but instead of putting meat in oven - I put it in my slow cooker with a leek , 3 carrots, a bit of chicken stock, and put it on for 3 hours on high........
OMG :eek::eek:... it was blooming delish or wot !!!!!!!
I wizzed the veg in the stock added a bit of gravy granules and that was OMG aswell. shall be certainly doing that again.
It was the best bit of lamb we had in ages.
I know I didnt brown the meat or trim the fat. but it was just so nice to do something different .

Ooo...thats a really good idea and sounds wonderful...thanks for the tip Hun!

I love lamb, but have never cooked it.
Only ever get it when we are out.
What sort of lamb did you get.? Leg of lamb, lamb steaks.??????
Sounds gorgeous.

Sounds yumm, shame I'm not a lamb fan but will try it with either chicken or pork as I'd never thought of doing a whole joint in the slow cooker. Will get OH to get mine down and start embracing it as it should be

Can you cook a whole chicken in the slow cooker - or should I brown it first, have only done bolognase, chilli, stew so far - and they all have loads of liquid - any advice?

never cooked a whole chicken in mine , but as for the liquid - I think it is because we put the lid on, thus creating steam and condensation on the lid which falls back into stew/soup if you take the lid of it would either -
a) lose a lot of heat and would take longer to cook and
B)it would eventually lose all the liquid as .it would evaporate
I cooked a half shoulder of lamb in mine . got it from Asda mmmmm

I've never done a whole joint in the slow cooker - I am too scared to try it. It's nice to hear it's been successful for you...I might just give it a go! :)

I often put a whole chicken in there. Nothing better than a whole chicken with pots and veg, a little stock. Go out for the day, and when you get back you have a full roast dinner waiting. Lovely Jubbly. CAreful getting the chicken out though cos it will fall apart.

Lynda

Back