Just here to say hello

NN89

Sexy Member
Hi guys, have another thread on considering WW, and now i'm DOING it! I've come to the conclusion as fab as slimming world is, it's not for me anymore, so i'm giving weight watchers a go..and..i'm terrified, but very very excited all the same. I've bought the magazine, a few WW treats - and am looking forward to having ready meals again lol (as a student they are a lifesaver!!!)

I've bought my monthly pass and simply cannot wait until tomorrow night now and the week ahead! I LOVE how excercise means you can have extra points too! I'm vowing to walk to uni 3 times out of 5 a week now, a 40 minute walk- just to have a little extra treat lol

So basically i have a few questions!
1. Any hurdles or issues you found when starting off?
2. Once the diet hits a plateau- like all do, how easy is it to carry on?
3. Any easy recipes or meal plans for a first week you can reccomend?
4. How have you found WW better than other diets?
and finally 5. Any tips?!?!

Oooo and one last question,

when planning my day, i'm allowed 26 points- this seems LOADS when looking through the WW magazine most meals are around 5-6 points!!! Plus, a medium size bowl of special k, just 2 points?! Thats like my breakfast in one there!!!!! I feel having 26 points a day i'm going to be so full, i've looked up, a recipe for a spaghetti bolognase on SW with a medium size portion would be just 2.5 points!!!! HOW do you do it?! And also, do you split your points up, ie 5 points for each meal, and use the 11 points for extras?!

Last edited:
1 - NO hurdles so far :)
2 - No plateau yet so cannot advise properly but i think throwing in a bit extra physical activity couldnt hurt.
3 - I recommend not over indulging in one thing ie finding out you like a certain meal and only eating that.Sorry im rubbish at recipes.
4 - At slimming world my first WI lost 1lb at WW i lost 6lb, speaks or its self
5 -Drink your water, Not your calories

Im on 24 points day(was 25) and i normally have 3 points brekkie

5 point lunch

6-8 dinner

and the rest of my points on fruit snacks and sweet treats or milk sugar etc etc

well i find the ww portions pretty small so i make bigger higher pointed meals. Fish is low in points , grilled fish with veg is nice :)

Also with weight watchers and your points values you dont have to use ww products and with 26 points you can enjoy more calorific treats ie instead of 0.5 points a slice ww bread you can have a 'normal' bread that way be 1.5 points(if your having problem using your points)

Also with weight watchers and your points values you dont have to use ww products and with 26 points you can enjoy more calorific treats ie instead of 0.5 points a slice ww bread you can have a 'normal' bread that way be 1.5 points(if your having problem using your points)

Cool i'll take this advice, i'm going to try it tomorrow- and see how it goes, and then get more info at class in the evening..! Ah i'm so excited, i can have FOOD again, and SAUCES i dont have to make from scratch!! lol

oh and get yourself a ticker its very motivating i find

oh and get yourself a ticker its very motivating i find

I may do..Thing is ive had that darn '7lbs to go' ticker since mid-jan, so till i actually start HAVING a loss i'll start one, would rather do it monthly though, argh..

Back