Just like Mariah

R-E-D

Silver Member
So I've been reading all the other diaries on here for the past few days and think it will be a positive step for me to have somewhere to document this attempt at having a figure like mariah!

I've always been overweight, like most other peeps tried loads of diets, tried diet pills. I always get fed up after a month or so and return to my old habits.

So now im 37, got 3 children (17, 11 and 7 months) and I've had severe PND and need to sort myself out. I'm hoping dealing with the weight will make me feel more positive about me!

Attending first SW class last week and weighed in at 24st 3lb. Was so disgusted with myself. Had been kidding myself I wasn't that bad. So here I am. I don't want to fall off the wagon this time.

Going to try tonight to plan a weeks food, finding it all a bit daunting and getting my head round the red/green/ee days is a little confusing.

Hopefully this time next year I can look back at this and I'll be a new woman.

xxx

Hello R-E-D

I had PTSD after my son was born rather than PND (long story) but I think I can understand how you are feeling.

I know it's easy for me to say, but don't be disgusted with yourself for your starting weight. All it is is a starting point, a line for you to work down from.

Have you signed on to the SW website? You can log your weight on there and it has a chart which will show your progress.

With determination, the support of the lovely folks on here, the website and your group you CAN do this and I'm sure you will xx

Good luck R-E-D. I started SW 4 weeks ago and I'm absolutely loving it.

Thanks guys :)

I did the mushy pea curry last night and thought it was quite yummy. Even the other half liked it.

How dies everyone go about planning a weeks meals. I'm really struggling with finding recipes and knowing which is green red or ee?

Please help :)

Es x

I'm so nervous about my weigh in tomorrow, I've spent the evening looking at recipes and trying to plan for the next week but my mind is just a complete blank :/

Other half said he will help me tomorrow with the planning and shopping. think I'm gonna try and get to the 5:30 group, not sure I can wait till 7:30.

Good luck R-E-D. I hope you get a positive result (well, technically I suppose you're looking for a negative result! Lol).

Good luck R-E-D. I hope you get a positive result (well, technically I suppose you're looking for a negative result! Lol).

Thank you :)

First weigh in today. 7lb off.

OMG ive lost 1/2 stone already!!

Im so happy but is this a fluke.

Still trying to plan food for the next week. Which recipies to choose, its all a bit confusing!

But overall :):):):):)

Well done that's an amazing loss! Keep up the good work! I struggled myself to get my head round all the different days, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes second nature.

When I'm stuck for meal ideas I get the slimming world magazine, it's always full of great recipes. This months has a whole weeks meal plan in it, and it tells you how many syns are in each day and where you use your healthy extras. Does the thinking for you really, I'm sitting flicking through mine now!

Well done again on your amazing weight loss!

Thank you :)

First weigh in today. 7lb off.

OMG ive lost 1/2 stone already!!

Im so happy but is this a fluke.

Still trying to plan food for the next week. Which recipies to choose, its all a bit confusing!

But overall :):):):):)
That's an amazing loss! Well done you. Fingers crossed I get a big loss on Tuesday too. I've been quite strict this week so I'll be disappointed with anything less than a loss.

Kev

Thank you guys.

I did the shipping today, finally got round to planning my weeks food.

Cooked the diet coke chicken for tea. I thought it was really nice, think other half did too but my daughter really didn't like it. Will be making it again though when it's just the two of us.

So starting tomorrow im going to start listing my daily food intake.

:) :) :)

Sunday 25th Jan

Breakfast: Bacon Sarni (HEXB + 5 syns)

Lunch: Homemade Veg Soup + 2 slices wholehearted bread (10 syns)

Tea: Mushroom Omelette and baked beans

HEXA milk in cups of tea

Think I may have overdone the syn value for the whole meal bread?

Lol just re read and my phone has changed wholemeal to wholehearted lol !!!

My day so far;

Breakfast 2 weetabix, milk (HEXA) and frozen raspberries

Lunch mixed salad and rice

Hopefully tea will be a chicken casserole.

Am off to the docs now to see about my earache! Might just be having beans on toast for tea.

Ok so feeling sorry for myself the family persuaded me to get a take away. Was kinda good and just got a chicken shush kebab. Have looked this up and the chicken and salad would be free, pitta bread about 9 syns and the chilli sauce 0.5 syns a tbs so I probs had about 2 syns worth. Have also had an alpen bar and a can of diet coke.

Am now tucked up in bed. Dr said my eardrum is swollen so I've got some spray stuff for it. Just gotta see the dentist on wed and I'll be tip top again :)

I wouldn't feel too bad about the take away R-E-D. I had a bottle of wine on Friday night and I still lost weight this morning. The trick is to not let it make you have a bad week. It's so easy to think that you've messed up this week so you'll start afresh next week. Then you eat the wrong things for the rest of the week. Draw a line under the take away, start straight back in to food optimising for the next meal and most of all, don't worry about it.

Kev X

Ok so I've been quite I'll over the past few days.

This always happens when I start dieting! :(

But!!! I did go to group tonight and I have lost 3.5lb this week so my total is now 10.5lb in 2 weeks! I'm well happy with that.

Gonna have to start writing up my good on here though so I can reflect back on what has been working!

Anyway lets hope the antibiotics cure the earache and toothache so I can have a good weekend!

Still ill - typical !!!!

Ok food this weekend

Friday

Brunch of cheese (HEXA) and onion Omlette and baked beans

Tea: Savory marrow (HEXB mince)

Got the munchies later so made myself some SW chips

Other snacks mullerlight and 2 x alpen (HEXB)

Milk in tea from other HEXA option

Syns: 1 finger if a twice which is about 9 I think?

Saturday

Breakfast: 2 x Weetabix, milk (HEXA)

Lunch/tea: Toby carvery ( had lots if veg and only 2 small roast potatoes. Turkey would have been HEXB)

Syns: small Yorkshire 5/6 and small amount of gravy 3/4?

Diet coke to drink
Mullerlight as snack later in the eve

Sunday (today)

Breakfast: 2 x Weetabix and milk (HEXA and HEXB)

Lunch: soup made from split peas, onion, cumin and veg stock

Tea: Roasted chicken (HEXB), butternut squash, courgette, onion, pak choy, potatoes, green beans, peas and leeks.

Syns: I need to look this up but I had a white roll with my soup, probs about 5/6?

Mullerlight as snacks
Diet coke to drink :)

Back