Actifry Chips (SW Friendly)

Hi Folks,

I hope someone can point me in the right direction or share their success stories regarding cooking chips in the Actifry. We've tried a couple of different methods, the one that worked best for us last night was to dry off spuds, layer them in and spraying each layer of chips with frylight. Cooked for around 30-35 minutes, this left them pretty good but not on par with olive oil or sunflower oil based ones (syns!).

Looking forward to hearing your stories/tips to get the perfect chip whilst not using any syns! :cool:

I have used actifry chips loads in my (successful :D) SW journey. To my mind if you can find a healthier alternative to chippy chips or oven chips, then it is a bonus. 1 level tsp of oil is 2 syns - I can load the actifry to full for the whole family and drizzle a tsp of extra virgin olive oil, so if even if you evenly divided the chips, they would still be only 1/2 syn.

Maris pipers are the best potatoes to use; I keep the skins on, slice and wash in the colander until the water runs clear (starch is being removed), wrap them in a tea towel and then dab with kitchen roll ..... I love my actifry and have used it constantly for about 15 months now. :D

yes definately keep the skins on, its the best bit!
I would be lost without my actifry...love it!

I keep the skins on and cook for 25 minutes on the highest temp. I don't think 'skinny' chips are ever going to taste as nice as 'fatty' ones, but they are delicious all the same!

Yep Maris piper potatoes are most definatly the best spud!
I usually peal slice & wash, quick dry off with kitchen roll then in a large cooking bowl, I liberally spray with frylight & add flavourings, like onion granuals, garlic powder, curry powder, rosemary etc - never add salt though I remember reading it didn't help crisp them.

Love ours for meals that require chippy type foods, wedges roasted salad pots are yum too "0)

Hi Folks,

Thank you for your excellent replies! We tend to keep the skins on anyway (who wants to peel them?!) and we've got a chip cutter which we just feed them through and we get perfect straight chips every time. We will try with Maris Piper spuds as we've been using ASDA "White Potatoes" so I can only imagine the MP's are slightly better.

It feels really naughty spraying the Fry Light as much as we do for them but they taste really good! We have some salad pots left over actually, we may have to use them up and try to make wedges out of them! Yumyum.

Thanks everyone! :D

We love our actifried chips!

I don't use fry light in my actifry as it has left most of my metal cookware fairly wrecked. I use rooster potatoes and use a hexof olive oil (shared between 2 of us).

Back