Just moved in with OH - struggles..

Mrscush

Woman on a mission!
morning mini's!

I am having a bit of a wobble few weeks, and just need some advice / encouragement pls!
Basically, I have lived on my own whilst i have been on the plan and up until now have cooked for 1 and been in control of what i am eating / buying.
recently I have moved in with my OH and whilst i am enjoying every second, I am strggling with the cooking / shopping aspect. It isnt that he is unsupportive, not at all, but he likes different things to what are on plan, and im finding it hard to balance.
Also, as we are now on a strict shopping budget im finding i cant muy as much fruit / quorn etc, as i have to balance it out across two people.
any words of advice at all if you have been in a similar situation?

Hi
I know where you're coming from and for a while i wasn't really losing weight mainly cos i was buying choc biscuits for his dinners and every time i opened the fridge they would wave at me...grrrr lol. Decided to do meal plans for the week and shop with a list so only buy what we actually need which works and we have a tight budget too, yep still buy his choc biscuits and have managed to ignore them!!!(i have my own little treats) My OH is happy for me to take control of shopping/cooking/money and i just ask his imput as to what teas he fancies and make sure they are SW friendly ,to be honest there isn't anything that he doesn't like that i've cooked and sometimes if he fancies a pizza or something else really bad he has it and i cook something for me(but only cos i'm working late so i don't actually see him eat the bad stuff) lol. I think most peoples OH's and friends can make it very difficult and if you have a bad day/week draw a line under it and start again...........i've lost and put back on the same half stone 10 seperate times in 13 mths and it gets me down sometimes then i have to think at least its come back off AGAIN!(OMG just realised thats 5 stone) just a pity life gets in the way!Am loving this forum cos you know you're never on your own.

Good luck

Jo x

Use two pans

I use two pans!! One the SW way and one the cooking oil way. I think once you get into the swing of it it becomes second nature and i have my own little world in the kitchen with my music and me. I have been known to cook three separate meals if the kids are looking for something different and i just really embrace it and see it as all part of my journey. I do not allow any person in the kitchen though.

As far a budget goes, Asdas Smart Price is a godsend. The hubster gets the choc bics on this Line and he enjoys them as do the kids, they have an amazing range if you really look, we could not shop without this Line of food because money for us is tight. If you have not bought some then get some frylight.

If hubster is cooking for you then take the time out to show him how to prepare some of what you eat, my John loves it when he does me a SW meal from scratch.

Use the fact you want to lose weight as your motivation to change how you cook.

Lots of love.

J, xx

why dont you sit down together with any books/mags/online sw recipies you have and let your other half pick some recipies out??
he may be better about eating the sw way if hes picked things he fancies?

Most meals can be made SW friendly, what does your OH like to eat? Let us know what he likes & I'm sure we can SW'd it for you:D

There are lots of threads on here about SW on a budget with lots of help & advice.

I buy frozen fruit which works out a lot cheaper & just take out what I need; eg I large bag of rhubarb at farmfoods £1:eek:, they also do raspberries, Sainsbury's own frozen fruit is good value for money also.

i cook one meal and my fella eats it or starves - none of this 2 pot cooking for me.

I think if you make the meal tasty and use the right mix of spices you can make small changes to the other meals that mean they are not even recognisable as a SW adapted meal.

xxx

thanks for your suggestions - you are right, i can just adapt / amend the things he likes!

so for example today, i had my OSS with milk for brekkie and rather than trying to do EE (on which i am finidng my losses slow), I have decided to go back to red / green. today therefore lunch was pasta and dinner will be more pasta with wuorn for me, chicken for OH!

did the weekly shop in my lunch break finding things that are yummy and can be adapted, so here is to a good week ahead.

thanks for listening x

when i started sw i used to be on plan in the week then naughty and use flix syns at weekends when i stayed at my boyfriends,we moved in together in july and i put on 8lbs.

my other half is overweight but didnt want to join sw as he dosnt eat fruit and hardly any veg, but after the 8lb i begged and he joined up as well so now im losing and he is 7lb lighter in 3 weeks, i get him to look trough the mags and the cook books and i say mark what you want to eat if not you will get what your given

i cook one meal and my fella eats it or starves - none of this 2 pot cooking for me.

I think if you make the meal tasty and use the right mix of spices you can make small changes to the other meals that mean they are not even recognisable as a SW adapted meal.

xxx

haha! same here hun!

haha! same here hun!
Ditto- don't even miss oil now we've not used it for so long. The only thing we use real oil for now is proper roast potatoes- worth the syns :p :D
And to bring it back to OP question- planning is the main thing. Making sure you have in lots of free things to eat and if possible, convince him not to buy in the bad stuff to tempt you. Let me know if you figure out a way to do that- I'm still trying :rolleyes: :)

Ditto- don't even miss oil now we've not used it for so long. The only thing we use real oil for now is proper roast potatoes- worth the syns :p :D
And to bring it back to OP question- planning is the main thing. Making sure you have in lots of free things to eat and if possible, convince him not to buy in the bad stuff to tempt you. Let me know if you figure out a way to do that- I'm still trying :rolleyes: :)

Haha you could withold the naughties if he buys bad stuff lol

Back