~Just not going well~ :(

summer fruits

Hey all,

first just want to say well done to those of you who are showing a weight loss, it gives encouragement!

My main point is ive been stuck at the same weight for about 4/5 weeks now. seems the only thing that will help shift it is if i do extra exercise ontop of my walking 4 miles a day. seems when i do 30mins on my x trainer then it does start to show but its finding the time to do it really (my house can be a bit full at times). its not so much the energy but its as if my body has got used to the exercise now so i have to up my game to see results! and i so wanted to have lost atleast a stone in the last weeks where ive STS :(

Dont really know what i want from this but maybe just to share with you all

Also started taking adios max to see if this helps, and guess im going to have to try and get the x trainer out more, seems the only way!

i would say you have answered your own question about what to do by saying you need to get the crosstrainer out,,,,,, and im sure you feel better for getting it off your chest aswell thats what were all here for support and encouragement.
Maybe be a good idea to re-evalute your snacks and meals just incase there creeping up aswell without noticing it veryyyyyyyyyy easy to do lol, Good luck tho and dont give up your doing great cause on the plus side at least u have STS and not gained

Do you use myfitnesspal.com? It's sounds like your already doing quite a lot of exercise and if your sticking to the plan rigidly you might have pushed yourself in to starvation mode i.e your body has got used to running with a high deficit of calories so it's now hanging on to your body fat stores as it thinks your in a famine.
You could try upping your calories for a little while and see if it makes a difference, you can try this in combination with zig-zaging, where you vary your calorie intake each day just making sure that you get the right weekly total.

Edited to add: Just had a quick look on myfitnesspal account, for your height and weight your BMR(how many calories you need just to stay in bed all day) is about 1,500. So if your following slimfast exactly you already have a 100-200 deficit without you normal activitys and the walking.

Last edited:
hi summer i too was stuck for about 3 weeks at the same weight as much as it is upsetting i cried every weigh in lol. then it just moved on its own i actually found i wasnt eating enough so i made sure i was either bang on calorie goal or just a few cals under and it started moving again i hate exercise cant stand it i go walking ride my bike but thats it oh i do sit ups before i go to bed and also use hand weights to but thats all i seem to have a steady loss of 1-2 pounds a week would love more but im not willing to wear my self out exercising all day at the gym :( keep going and well done on your loss so far

hi, when i was on atkins i kept stalling. i think it happens on all diets and i know it will hapen to me on slim fast too. we just have to perservere with it untill our body's adjust and i am sure you will see a loss soon.
in the mean time, keep up the good work that you are already doing.
oh and muscle weighs more than fat so you will be toning up nicely :D

Agree with everyone else. It's so annoying though isn't it, when you know you've tried really hard, but it's just not shifting.

Maybe try eating some different things - not necessarily different calories, but just to give your body a bit of a change.

i was the same till i swapped to maxitone. Yes it is expensive but i have lost between 1-3lb every week since (was losing 0.5lb a week at max before).

If you cant afford to do it all the time perhaps swap one shake a day.

I think the higher protein/lower sugar in it makes it work better.

Have you also thought about xenical? May just give your body that kick start?

Or have a good big naughty meall which will raise your metabolism then go back on the straight and narrow. Used to work for me when i was on RC.

I've swapped out one shake a day for Maxitone, and i agree that I have seen a better weight loss. i've also bought some PhD diet whey (same sort of thing as Maxitone but with vitamins as well). It hasn't arrived yet, but I'll let you know what I think when it does. I'll only be doing one shake a day until I've used up all my slimfast (bought a job lot when it was on offer) - then I'm going to try having both shakes as higher protein ones. I'm sure it would make a difference.

And yes, it is more expensive, but I think it's probably still a lot cheaper than all the food I used to eat.

:wow:... didnt expect this many replies!

Cheers guys :D

Well, i just couldn't help myself and weighed myself this morning and im am so so pleased to say i have actually seen the scales at 12.7! i finally managed to get to a stone and half loss!

I think its the adios thats helping, and i have changed a few of my snacks around.

I was on myfitnesspal but its got to the point where i dont eat a lot of different things, that i know everything of by heart! so i got bored of filling it in every day :( but it was good to start with as you just dont know where the extra calories are creeping on and that maybe you are just going over what you are allowed!

So given thats its taken me about 4/5 weeks to reach that mark that was only a lb out in the first place (before i started going up and down 12.8-12.12) im feeling a lot more motivated and happier :D

and more determined not to overboard this weekend as i'll be camping, as i find weekends the hardest!

I love this site :happy036:

Well done summer fruits, i'm glad it's going better for you now. :)

Have you tried those vibrating mchines that you stand on? They burn 500 cals every 12 minutes a place near me has one it's £8 for 30 mins. I'd love to try it.

Really? my mum has one at her house! i thought they just toned?

Plus if i were to be one one for 30min would have burned more than i would have consumed in the day!

i have a vibration machine and it is great. you are only allowed to use it for 10 minutes a day. they start off at £99.99. look on the argos or amazon site for them and also youtube for the exercises you can do on them!

This is what she put. Maybe it's not those machines then?

Vibez Fitness And Beauty For Women*at 12:25 on 29 May 2010
They are Vibrogyms. It is called Vibration exercise. The plates cause an involuntay mustle contaction at the rate of 40 times per second. You can burn up to 500kcal every 12 Minutes. The workout is only 30mins. So its a maximum workout in minimum time. The first session is free. If you like you can book in for your free trial and we can explain it to you further. Thankyou for your enquiry.

you are only supposed to use them for the max of 12 minutes a day 10 on some machines coz they can cause muscle damage!
yes you can stand, sit, lay on it.
it is a very funny odd sensation for the first time you use it. you will be :8855:so much. but you do get used to it!

I went on one in full view of about 30 people when I went to the Gadget Show Live! Started out on the lowest setting then turned it up to its highest, and oh my what a straaaange sensation it is! I didn't like it, but the calories it burns sounds good!

Well after saying i had the motivation to stay on track at the weekend i didnt :( i fell into the temptation of camping and snacking all day! so gained an extra 7lbs (no idea it would be that much!!!!) by monday, but now back down by 6lbs :D

Think it the adios, as i was stuck for ages and having lost that much weight in a short space i doubt is me alone!

Anyway for lunch today ive got a sainburys fresh soup as its only 100ish cals for 300g! so could theoretically eat the whole tub! but think i'll be good lol

Back