Just not working...any advice please?!?

Mollsy

Hi all, started SW online 2 weeks ago. Lost 2lb in my first week and when I weighed in today I'm 3 1/2 pounds up :( Really thought I had the jist of what to do but obviously haven't:sigh: I'm following the EE plan & these are my menus for the past couple of days.
Breakfast: This is usually fruit banana & an apple. I've 3 young children 1 of whom is going to playschool and its a rush to get out in the morning. I normally go for a walk after dropping her off to school.
Lunch: yesterday was tomato, onion, ham & potato omlette with some cottage cheese on top with salad no dressing. Cooked with frylight small drop of skimmed milk in omlette. The day before was 2 small baked potatoes with salad and some chicken breast, no dressing again.
Dinner: Yesterday was a gammon steak with beans on toast, day before was chicken curry made from a recipe I got here, curry powder, stock pot, tin of tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, peppers and rice.
Syns: the day before yesterday I had a bag of low fat crisps think they work out at 6 syns and a can of coke zero. Yesterday I had a cadburys highlights hot chocolate and small treatsize box of smarties.
I drink 6-8 glasses of water each day. I'm not hungry in between meals only just coming up to mealtime. I am walking fast pushing a double buggy for about an hour 5-6 days a week. I honestly thought I had a fair idea of the plan but I must be going wrong somewhere when I'm up this week. I also feel really tired this week and I have 4 mouth ulcers which usually mean for me that I'm ran down. But surely with eating all this extra veg and salad & fruit I should be feeling more sprightly?!? Would anyone have any ideas on where I'm going wrong??
Thanks a mil :)

What are you doing for your healthy extras hun? Also your dinners don't look to be 1/3 superfree to me - are you having a extra side of veggies with your meals?

The foods you're eating don't seem to be too bad to be honest. I have stopped eating bread altogether and when I'm craving something sweet I would get a can of Coke Zero or Pepsi Max, maybe try them two things and see how you get on. The second week is usually always the worst for most people. I lost 16lbs in my first week then only lost 1lb the second and from then I've been losing 4lbs, 5lbs, 6lbs every week :)

Hi ya, I think ur days look good but u do seem a bit low on healthy extras and superfree, so although it seems odd maybe try to eat more of those! On syns try to use ur full quota (10/15 per day depending on what ur aiming for) I found on week 2 &3 I cut back on these thinking I'd get a boost but actually lost less because of it! It's odd to think eating mire will loose more weight but some how it does (if its the right things!)
One other thing - is it *week or coming up to it? Most people find it harder to loose due to bloating etc? Stick at it u really do seem to be going along the right lines, u'll see results soon!

The foods you're eating don't seem to be too bad to be honest. I have stopped eating bread altogether and when I'm craving something sweet I would get a can of Coke Zero or Pepsi Max, maybe try them two things and see how you get on. The second week is usually always the worst for most people. I lost 16lbs in my first week then only lost 1lb the second and from then I've been losing 4lbs, 5lbs, 6lbs every week :)

16lbs in a week! Wow that's amazing!

What are you doing for your healthy extras hun? Also your dinners don't look to be 1/3 superfree to me - are you having a extra side of veggies with your meals?

Thanks for ye're replies.
Can I just ask ye are the healthy extras the dairy & bread type of foods??? I have had a sandwich some days but I suppose I'm not having my allowance of dairy foods each day. Do I have to have the allowances?
Also when ya say the dinners don't look 1/3 superfree what does that mean. This evening I had potatoes, carrots & parsnip, broccoli & chicken for dinner, are they free foods or am I wrong there? What are the 2/3 then if superfree is 1/3?:confused:

Wow 16lbs in a week is some loss well done Gareth!

The dairy's recommended as there's research that says calcium helps weight loss.

Of what you had for your dinner, the carrots, parnsip and broccoli are superfree whereas the chicken and potatoes are free, so the veg should have made up at least 1/3 of your plate. If it did, you had your 1/3 superfree ok :)

Remember to keep a note of your cycle alongside your weigh ins, you may find that you gain water at certain points of the month (and often different to other women).

If you google 1/3 super free in images you should get some pictures up of what it should look like.

I think it's just second week blip, your body isn't au fait with losing weight yet. Hang in there!

Back