Just placed my first order!

Hazel115

Hi just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 34 years old and have 3 children. For the past year or so I have suffered badly with depression and unfortunately comfort ate my way through it, going from 12st to 15st :cry: I have got to the point where enough's enough! I need to take control!

I've done diets in the past and always managed to lose weight fairly easily but since my depression I've lost confidence in myself. I've never done a VLCD before but I'm hoping that it will give me the kickstart I need to get my life back on track. I'm a very impatient person so haven't got time to mess about lol.

I took the plunge today and placed my first order. Hopefully it will arrive in time to start Monday, although I have started to reduce my carbs and up my water intake in preparation.

There are so many inspirational people on this forum and I'm hoping it will help me to stay on track.

I can talk the hind leg off a donkey and looks like I can type it off too :p

Hazel x

Welcome Hazel, looking forward to hearing how it goes x

Welcome to exante you'll soon see those few stones go

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

welcome Hazel and well done, a great first step. I hope it all goes well for you. Its an amazing diet and really works.

GSQ

Thanks for your lovely replies. Exante certainly seems to working for you all! The losses are fantastic. I hope I can stick to it without giving in to cravings - any tips welcome.
x

Welcome and good luck for your exante journey.
I am only on day 2 and not finding it too bad at all. The flavours are actually quite nice.

...any tips welcome.
x
Things that I have found useful...
Drink lots of water
I dilute shakes in loads of water too
If you go off plan at any stage, focus on maintaining your weight loss and get back to the plan when you are ready.
Stick around here!
Be kind to yourself :)

Thanks Heffer for those tips. You've done really well with your weight loss it's really inspiring!:D

My order arrived! I was so excited I practically ran out to greet the delivery driver :p

So looking forward to starting tomorrow!
x

Hi Hazel and welcome!

I'm just restarting after a wee break due to holidays etc. I was the same as you and am very impatient about things so the quick results on this diet were ideal, I'm also not good with choice so the fact that there's no give and take on this suits me well and I found that once I got into a habit it was easy (well not easy but easier than doing a points system where I can eat bad things but need to keep points etc! Not a good idea for me, I'd have all my points done in one day!!).

My habit is as follows:
Shake for breakfast
1 litre of water before lunch
Bar for lunch
1 litre of water before dinner
Soup for dinner
1 litre of water throughout the evening

Even the quantity of water doesn't seem too bad when it's broken down like that!

1st time round I lost 24lbs in the first 24days!! :D

MY WAY:
This is how a working day seems to work, different at the week ends - an exciting Tesco bar - sometimes with a skinny latte at Costa!

AM - Tea with skimmed milk, swim, (500 mls water) banana - extra water. One large cup green tea (about 500 mls). On work days - soup in a flask and a can of Dr Pepper Zero. One litre of S.Pellegrino - sipped from a wine glass.
Tea time - cup of decaffeinated tea with a splash of milk.
Now - early evening another bottle of fizzy water then bed time - vanilla - my favourite. I also add 'Fibre clear' (from Lipotrim) to all shakes and soups - that works for me.

GSQ

Thanks for your replies :) It's really helpful to know how others plan their day.

I can't believe how excited I am about starting tomorrow! Don't think I've ever been this excited about a diet.

Let's hope it lasts :D

Best of luck.

I'm 'only' on day five but am pleasantly surprised at how easy it's been.

I have two shakes and a bar (the soups are rank in my opinion!) and now split the shakes in half so I have four mini shakes (using 250ml water for each) and then the bar I cut up into pieces and nibble on it throughout the day.

Thanks Lord Lulu well done on getting to day 5.

I officially started today and so far I've had a vanilla shake and lots of water and black coffee. Wasn't overly keen on the taste but I gather it gets better. I've got soup for tea so I'll look forward to that lol x

The taste.are something to get used to. I found the bars jus terrible.at first but growing on me, this is day four for me. I had coffee in my vanilla shake yesterday and found it delicious! Let me no what u think of soup, I'm considering ordering some x

Hi ally I had a bar for lunch and really liked it - it's funny how we're all different :p how much coffee did you put in your shake? I did that this morning but wasn't sure on the taste.

I'll let you know about the soup but I think our tastebuds are a little different :)
x

How's it going Hazel? :)

Hi DustQueen it's going really well, thanks for asking. I'm on Day 6 and have stuck to it 100% with no scale hopping. So I'm really hoping for a good loss come saturday, to keep me motivated. I probably didn't pick a good week to start as it's totm but fingers crossed. I'll pop across and check out your diary, see if I can pick up any tips x

Hi DustQueen it's going really well, thanks for asking. I'm on Day 6 and have stuck to it 100% with no scale hopping. So I'm really hoping for a good loss come saturday, to keep me motivated. I probably didn't pick a good week to start as it's totm but fingers crossed. I'll pop across and check out your diary, see if I can pick up any tips x

That's great :) not long til weigh in :D
Well mine has been a slow journey but still plodding onwards :) On a break for a couple of weeks as flying off to get married on Weds and have a hen do and my Mum's birthday this weekend :) So mostly maintaining for a few weeks but after that I'll be back to lose the rest ;)

Back