Just popped in to update after 5 weeks of 'going it alone' !

Catwoman

OK, if anyone remembers me :confused:, I did LL a couple of years ago, put on a bit :sigh: then started LLL on 24th February this year at start weight of 11 stone and 1 pound and I'm 5 ft 4 tall. I did 8 weeks of LLL and then due to a 'funds' crisis decided to go it alone. I was 9 st 11 when I left LLL meetings and am now 9st 3 which I am more than happy with. I do fluctuate - I have been between 9st 1 and 9 st 5 but it evens out over the days etc, depending on water retention, periods etc. I wanted to tell people that even with bringing back 'normal' foods, as long as you have portion control, have everything in moderation, continue exercising and MOST important learn what your emotional trigger points are, you can keep to your goal. I know it's early days yet :D but I am determined not to slide down the slippery slope that I did after LL of 'just this one won't hurt' or 'I'll work it off after' etc because that didn't work for me personally and no matter how much I love the banana shakes (!!!!!) I don't want to have to go back if I can get it right this time round !!! Plus we fly to Crete in 5 weeks so am keeping that in mind for my extra motivation PLUS have just landed my dream job this week so everything is looking up. And believe me I am no angel:17729:- I have had some very hard days of wanting to eat more than I needed and have succumbed a few times over the weeks to temptation BUT am learning about myself every day and I feel I am worth the effort ! Thank you everyone who has supported me when I needed it, you're an amazing bunch of 'virtual' mates :grouphugg: X.x.

Aw I was wondering how you were doing! Not many of us are doing the Lite around here, so I remember the few that were on it with me. :D

I am so chuffed for you - you are showing me that I can 'maintain' also! I'm just about finishing Week 3 of RTM, and am very much aware of portion sizes even with slowly reintroducing the foods. It's difficult going, and I'm still struggling with the reintroduction of "carbs" - I just don't want to!

However - it's strange isn't it; I noticed something that you described here. I did abstinence and then Lite to reach target; very much like you did. ... And after Abstinence I had the same mentality of 'Oh this won't hurt' - 'I got away with that'... But this second time, Lite showed me to be much more strict and AWARE of my choices - and seems like you're taking it much more seriously this time too. Maybe because the novelty of "food reintroduction" had already gone after abstinence, and this time around we're just much more awake to the problems we faced back in 12-week RTM (and after) - and also because food was present all the way through we learned to deal with it in a more appropriate way.
It's just THAT much more important because we're not invulnerable. We *will* gain back if we're not careful. ... I guess knowing that better is helping us deal with food and our relationship with it... I'm so glad I did Lite. It really opened my eyes.

Well done on doing it on your own as well, I am truly very impressed that you reached your target (I hope!! Because I'm 5'4 as well, and am about 9st 6 at the moment)... I am very inspired by you maintaining too. I hope I can do it too! :D
Thank you for coming back and telling us how you are doing! :hug99: It's important for us all to know and have a positive outlook on the "life after" the diet!

:D

Back