Just read this

Whatever diet there will be studies for/against it, I just go with what I know to be true
I have lost nearly 2 stone on juddd
I look so much smaller than my current weight
Fact I am smaller now than when I was lighter on a vlcd
I am not tempted to stop
I have never felt so positive about a diet before.

I thought you had lost every week so far Linda?

I have lost or stayed the same, was just looking up some articles about JUDDD and gallstones, when I came across this and found it interesting. What I was trying to get at was that we have lost more size than weight, which is what this article is saying, you dont lose much weight.... thought this might go some way to explaining why we seem to lose our size and not see this on the scales.

I have bought some size 16 clothes today and could probably have got away with a 14, but I was a size 18/20 at this weight before....

Fromwhat I have read the reason why we lose size quicker than weight is because with an ADF the weight you lose will be fat not water or muscle, so say you lost 8lbs on vlcd in 2 weeks and just 3lbs on judd, you will look smaller after having lost the fat with judd, its fat stores we ultimately want to lose, we don.t want to lose muscle as it helps burn cals, thats why juddd is win win in my eyes anyway xx

Yes Hannah. They say your way is easier to do and a proper 24 hour fast.

Ive had a quick read.....I am losing fairly happily on Judd but the lack of guilt, cravings and the possible health benefits are what is keeping me going as is the fact that I have only lost 11lbs but can see my tummy shrinking and would you believe a waist trying to emerge.At any other time in my life at 16 st 7lbs I would have more blubber!

The other thing I adore about judding is that for the first time ever I have found a way of eating that I know I can stick to. I need to lose weight because my weight was and still is at a very unhealthy level, its taken me years to put this on and tbh if it takes a while to come off Im still happier doing it this way. Actually Im ecstatic doing it this way and I have never been ecstatic whilst dieting before...that is the judd magic I think.

And there endeth the sermon!!

Amen xx

I am a bit worried reading people's defensive replies that I have managed to upset people with this post. I am wondering if the title was read in the way I meant it. It was supposed to read. "Just red this" but unfortunately because the spelling is the same I wonder if people thought I meant "just read this" as in an order to read it because I thought JUDDD was bad. That wasn't my intention at all. I LOVE JUDDD.

I read it as just red iyswim!!

Please dont think you upset me hun because you didnt, Im a bit evangelical about judding at the mo!! I think its good to read anything you can really, at lunch today I was reading articles that basically poo pooed judding as a way of becoming healthier and living longer and I think its good to read both sides. At the end of the day we make our own decisions anyway. Im just looking forward to getting rid of my weight and being healthier too. I have a scientific experiment coming up on Oct 11th, my bp went throught the absolute roof when I was diagnosed with my bone problem and I did various things to reduce it. Last time I had it checked it was 139/87 which doc said was the high end of normal, I am hoping that with this judding it will be lower and that to me will be all the proof I need that Im getting healthier! Goodness knows how I will feel if its gone up tho!!

Take care Hun. x

I liked this bit, really sums up how I feel:

"Most of us have contemplated going on a diet. When we find a diet that appeals to us, it seems as if it will be a breeze to do. But when we get into the nitty gritty of it, it becomes tough. For example, I stay on a low-carb diet almost all the time. But if I think about going on a low-fat diet, it looks easy. I think about bagels, whole wheat bread and jelly, mashed potatoes, corn, bananas by the dozen, etc. – all of which sound appealing. But were I to embark on such a low-fat diet I would soon tire of it and wish I could have meat and eggs. So a diet is easy in contemplation, but not so easy in the long-term execution."

Hi I'm starting this plan on Monday it seems so much more logical to me than cwp where I'm starving myself and looking to cheat continuously . So I will me back Monday morning on a dd xxxxxx

I read it as just red iyswim!!

Please dont think you upset me hun because you didnt, Im a bit evangelical about judding at the mo!! I think its good to read anything you can really, at lunch today I was reading articles that basically poo pooed judding as a way of becoming healthier and living longer and I think its good to read both sides. At the end of the day we make our own decisions anyway. Im just looking forward to getting rid of my weight and being healthier too. I have a scientific experiment coming up on Oct 11th, my bp went throught the absolute roof when I was diagnosed with my bone problem and I did various things to reduce it. Last time I had it checked it was 139/87 which doc said was the high end of normal, I am hoping that with this judding it will be lower and that to me will be all the proof I need that Im getting healthier! Goodness knows how I will feel if its gone up tho!!

Take care Hun. x

Ditto for me,thats how I feel about juddd xx I admit I got a bit defensive Linda chicks because at the end the way I read it was that it was suggesting it was a bad thing ??? Sorry if I have got the wrong end of the stick hun but it seemed to be suggesting that the 'experts' had it wrong and that it didn't work on humans as we are not rats or mice and that it mucks up your insulin resistance?? I will reread it later hun but I hope I havent upset you as that was def not my intention I would like to think we are cyber friends xxx

I too didn't read it as an attack, and I too am a bit evangelical.

I think, as Eades says, it is the every dayness that matters. The difference between lab and real life often reduces the efficacy of any drug/diet/behavioural study. That is the nature of science and one of the most significant weaknesses of lab tests. So for some it works, psychologically this is right for me but is probably hideously wrong for a lot of others.

As for the possible negatives, all diets carry those - that is diet in the true sense of the word - eating patterns not restrictive regimens. The American diet increases cancer risks, the traditional Japanese diet restricted growth, the Innuit diet is obese but lacks CHD and on and on.

I have added the link to my stack of research, I collect the negatives as well as the positives, so thanks. We all need to remain objective about this and, as a sciencey teacher I can't disgree with Eades, especially when he says he isn't the whole story :)

I am in from tomorrow morning ladies I'm really looking forward to doing it its not so bad when u know you can eat the next day it's not s huge sacrifice is it ! Wish me luck and I start a diary from 2m xxxxxx

Back