Just Recipes!

ok to thicken sauce or drink for extra protien or in mims half linseed/protien just as nice a little lighter in texture

Yum. I made pancakes with flax and loved them. Where do you buy it? I may just have to invest. Like the idea of a thickening agent, missed my thick gravy stews/casseroles. Lol

Do you know Ste, i never thought of using that to make my mims. Mark has it and i did have a few shakes before. Didnt think to use half whey protien and half flax. Is it nice?

Yeah a lighter texture and less carbs i use the unflavored one

Mine is low in carbs but i only have a mim when i have carbs to use up anyway. Think is chocolate. Mmmmmm. Low carb dinner for me, i want to try a mim with that

Pork Chops with Dijon Sauce Recipe

INGREDIENTS
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 center-cut rib or loin pork chops, bone in (preferred), about 1 1/4 inch thick
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup chopped green onions or shallots
1/2 cup dry white wine
3/4 cup chicken stock*
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
*If cooking gluten-free, use homemade chicken stock or gluten-free packaged stock.
METHOD
1 Melt the butter in the oil in a large deep skillet over medium high heat. Season chops with salt and pepper and brown them, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Reduce heat slightly if the chops brown too quickly.
2 Remove chops from the pan and pour off most of the fat. Add the green onions or shallots and cook on med high heat until softened, about 1 minute. Add wine and bring to a boil, scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the stock and return chops to the pan. Bring sauce to a simmer and cook until chops are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
3 Remove the chops to a warm platter; cover with foil to keep warm. Raise the temp of the pan to boil the pan juices, reduce the juices by half, about 2 minutes. Add cream and boil 2 minutes more, until sauce reduces and thickens. Remove from the heat and whisk in mustard and parsley. If you want, add more mustard to taste. Spoon sauce over chops and serve.
Serves 4.

Sounds yummy steve, do you know the carb content of the sauce?

would not be much just check the chicken stock when you buy or use home made i keep the stock off the chicken in the freezer for stuff like this, cream 7/cup, and this is for four people or two hungry ones LOL

I love shopping day but my problem is i want to cook it all at once. Lol. Next week is a big shopping day. I tend to have 1 of these a month then little ones every week or 2. I go through all the recipes i want to make then write my list. My shopping bill has reduced strangely enough

Pork Medallions with Mustard-Caper Sauce Recipe
INGREDIENTS
1 lb pork tenderloin, any outer connective tissue removed, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup sliced shallots
2 cups low-salt chicken broth
4 Tbsp whipping cream
3 Tbsp drained capers
2 Tbps coarse-grained Dijon mustard
METHOD
1 Using meat mallet or rolling pin, flatten pork rounds slightly to an even 1/2-inch thickness (if the cuts aren't an even 1/2 inch). Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2 Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork to skillet and sauté until brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer pork to plate.
3 Add shallots to skillet and stir 1 minute. Add chicken broth and cream. Boil until sauce is thick enough to coat spoon, stirring up browned bits, 3-5 minutes. Mix in capers and mustard. Return pork to sauce. Simmer mixture until pork is heated through, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Serves 4.

CAULI TOTS 6per serving-4 carbs per serving

12oz frozen cauli
1/3 cup of grated parmesan
salt and pepper
onion powder to taste

Cook cauli covered in microwave for 6mins, pour off water & cool (dont forget to squeeze out any moisture or they will fall apart). Blitz in a blender to a smoothish texture. Roll into 1.5" balls & drop into parmesan. Cook on grease proof paper for approx 30mins.
Can be frozen.

Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Sage Sauce Recipe

INGREDIENTS
3 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup chopped shallots
8-10 ounces mushrooms, cremini or shitake, thickly sliced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
1 cup dry vermouth or dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream (light cream may curdle, so use heavy cream)
3 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pieces pounded to an even 1/4 inch to 1/3 inch thickness
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
METHOD

1 Melt butter in a large sauté pan on medium high heat. Add shallots and sauté for one minute. Add mushrooms and parsley and sauté for 5-10 more minutes, until the mushrooms have browned. If you are using unsalted butter, sprinkle on a pinch of salt. Add vermouth and deglaze the pan, scraping up any bits that may be sticking to the bottom of the pan. Stir in the cream. Bring to a boil and cook the sauce down until it is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon (about 10 minutes).

2 While the sauce is reducing, heat olive oil in another large sauté pan on medium high heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of the chicken breast cutlets. Add cutlets to pan and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through.
3 Stir in sage to sauce, season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken to serve.
Serve alone (for low carb version) or with rice, mashed potatoes, or pasta (use gluten-free for gluten-free version). We used bow-tie pasta which worked great. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Serves 4.

American cheese sauce (to go with chilli and cauli tots)
2tbsp butter
2tbsp cream (double)
2-4tbsp water
4oz american cheese (or cheese slices to us)
1/4 tsp salt
Melt all in a saucepan on a medium heat.
Can be re heated in a microwave

CAULI TOTS 6per serving-4 carbs per serving

12oz frozen cauli
1/3 cup of grated parmesan
salt and pepper
onion powder to taste

Cook cauli covered in microwave for 6mins, pour off water & cool (dont forget to squeeze out any moisture or they will fall apart). Blitz in a blender to a smoothish texture. Roll into 1.5" balls & drop into parmesan. Cook on grease proof paper for approx 30mins.
Can be frozen.

can you use fresh cauli

Back