Just Recipes!

We made a no bake cheesecake the other day with a local school, now they put biscuit crumbs on the bottom but I left them out of mine. Just whipped double cream until firm, then stirred in philly or any soft cheese, some lemon zest and a bit of juice (juice can be added to the double cream to help it whip up and a bit of splenda and vanilla essense to the mix. Mix it all up, and put into individual servings and chill. Delish and quick :)

Ooh Steph. That sounds really good. Im making the ice cream today so will let you all know

We made a no bake cheesecake the other day with a local school, now they put biscuit crumbs on the bottom but I left them out of mine. Just whipped double cream until firm, then stirred in philly or any soft cheese, some lemon zest and a bit of juice (juice can be added to the double cream to help it whip up and a bit of splenda and vanilla essense to the mix. Mix it all up, and put into individual servings and chill. Delish and quick :)

Defo going to try that! Thank you

You can also sweeten the cheesecake with flavours of sugar free jelly, we've had raspberry & lemon/lime ones. x

Meringues

4 egg whites
18tbsp of Splenda

Whisk egg whites until stiff gradually adding the splenda at tbsp at a time. Bale in oven at 100 degrees for two hours.

Not as good as shop bought ones but they satisfy that sweet craving!

You just read my mind. I'm a sucker for cheesecake :D

Me too. We have very similar tast buds. We shall make a date for some cheesecake making!

mmm make me some. i havent done any cooking for ages.

Gosh, mouth is watering just thinking about cheesecake. I would eat it every day is I could

Barbequed Jalapeno Wraps

Ingredients:
  • 6 large jalapeno peppers
  • 6 slices bacon
  • 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
Directions:
  • Wash peppers, and cut in half. Strip the seeds and membranes out of the peppers. Be careful not to touch your eyes. If you would like an especially hot pepper, leave a bit of the membrane in, as that is the spiciest part of the pepper.
  • Stuff peppers with cream cheese.
  • Slice bacon in half, and wrap each half pepper with half of a slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
  • Grill for 20-30 minutes over medium heat. Serve Hot

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BACON CHEESEBURGER QUICHE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 lb. very lean hamburger
1 medium chopped onion
4 slices crisp-cooked bacon, chopped in bits
3 large eggs
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup half-n-half
8 oz. shredded chedder or swiss cheese
garlic powder to taste (optional)
salt and white pepper to taste
Brown hamburger in skillet with onion. Remove and mix in bowl with bacon pieces, breaking up any larger clumps with a fork or pastry mixer until you have a fine mix. Drain well of any excess grease and press into the bottom of a deep-dish pie pan. Set aside.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preheat oven to 350°F.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Combine remaining ingredients in mixer bowl and whip well. Pour mixture over beef "crust" and bake 40-45 minutes until top is browned and "set". Cool 15-20 minutes before slicing. This can be packaged in Ziplocs or plastic containers for meals quickly micro-waved over the next 3-5 days. (Does not freeze well)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 grams per serving.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Margarita Chicken[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4 boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup tequila
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fresh lime wedges[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Combine chicken, tequila and lime juice in small shallow
dish. Cover and marinate at least 30 minutes and up to 2
hours, turning occasionally.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
Drain chicken; reserve marinade. Season chicken with salt
and pepper. Grill or broil until just cooked through,
occasionally basting chicken with some reserved marinade,
about 4 minutes per side. Boil remaining marinade in small
saucepan 1 minute.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cut each chicken breast crosswise into thin slices. Arrange
slices on platter. Garnish with lime wedges. Serve, passing
marinade separately as sauce.
[/FONT]

Daiquiri Chiffon Cheesecake with Salted nut crust Serves: 16
Calories Per Serving: 6
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients:1 1/4 C Crushed, salted nuts of choice
1/2 C Splenda
3/8 C Butter, melted

1 (8oz) Cream cheese
1 1/2 C Heavy cream
1 (3.5 oz) Sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 Lime juice
1 t Rum extract
2 t Grated lime zest
1 t Grated lemon zest
1 Cup heavy cream, sweetened to taste with splenda and whipped
Lime zest
2 Limes, thinly sliced
Cooking Instructions:CRUST:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a medium bowl, combine salted nuts, splenda, and melted butter. Mix well.

Press mixture into the bottom and 1 3/4 inches up the side of a 9 inch springform pan.

Bake crust in oven for about 7 minutes or until firm and lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool completely.

FILLING:

Allow cream cheese to reach room temperature.

In a large bowl beat cream cheese until smooth.

In a separate bowl, combine pudding mix and cream. Mix this mixture into the cream cheese.

Beat in lime juice, rum extract, lemon and lime zest.

Fold 1/2 of the whipped cream into the mixture, then pour into cooled crust.

Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Garnish with remaining whipped cream, lime zest and slices.

Mmm they sound lovely, not sure about the chillies though. Now will i be able to stop at 1 portion is the big question!

Hestons Tagliata with rocket and parmesan salad.

nutrition= 53cals/0.7g carbs/0.4g sugars/41.1g fat,9.5 saturated fat/0.8g salt per serving.

Serves 4
You will need...........
Olive oil for frying the steaks,
2 steaks of your choice (approx 300g each),
120ml 100% italian extra virgin olive oil,
3 cloves of garlic,
4-6 sprigs of rosemary,
2 strips of lemon peel (use potato peeler to peel 2 shallow strips of skin from an unwaxed lemon),
juice of 1 lemon,
60g rocket leaves,
40g parmesan flakes
table salt, sea salt, ground black pepper for seasoning.

1- Heat a heavy bottomed frying pan over a high heat, then add 2mm of olive oil and heat until smoking hot. It is vital that the pan is extremely hot before adding steaks.
2- Take steaks from fridge and season with a little salt and place then in the pan for 15-20secs. Then turn and cook for 15-20secs. Repeat this, turning the steaks for 2 1/2 mins. Remove from pan and allow to rest on a cake rack set over a plate to catch the juices.
3- In the meantime, remove the pan from the heat and discard most of the used oil (but dont clean the pan). Allow the pan to cool for 2mins, then add the 100% italian olive oil, bash the garlic with the palm of your hand or side of a knife and add it to pan. Add the rosemary. Rub the strips of lemon peel between finger and thumb to release the oils and add them to the pan too. allow to infuse for 5mins while meat is resting, then squeeze in the lemon juice. Strain dressing through a sieve and add any juices that have come from the steak.
4- Slice the steaks thinly (approx 0.5cm wide) with a sharp knife. Season with table salt and black pepper and place on serving dish. Spoon over half the dressing.
5- Season the rocket leaves with salt and mix with the remaining dressing. Please the rocket on the steak and finish with the parmesan flakes and a sprinkling of sea salt crystals.

Enjoy. Its really light and fresh. Delicious.

I made it today and it really was yummy. I worked for waitrose when i was at school. Good place to work. Well i had great fun there.

Linz they are fantastic sites thank you thank you thank you. No more a bored dinner time just a HUGE shopping list!

Back