Just Recipes!

Of course! I did have some other choc also (no thornton's though) so that could, er, muddy the waters a little. :eek:

Confession time - the cold custard isn't my favourite bit of trifle anyway - I often scrape it to one side and leave it. :eek:

Does this make me a bad person?

Yes - I like the custard and cream and can live without the jelly/fruit base - sherry soaked sponge is a different matter of course lol

You're still nice! Just a bit more toilet-obsessed, like the rest of us! :)

Oh that looks gorgeous Steve. I never make mustard sauce any more - used to make something like that for cauliflower, and then throw a pile of cheese in for good measure!

Mmmm I love pork and mustard too - but I do mine the lazy way, smear mustard on the pork once it's cooked :)

Last edited:
Ok finally have time to type this up - hope you enjoy it ;)

Tom's New York Cheesecake
In 24cm diameter flan dish, this makes 16 servings. Small slices but very satisfying :)
This is made un-sweetened and tastes great but does then need some sort of topping!

Base
1 cup ground almond
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
2 tbs butter

Method:
mix together and spread in bottom of dish
Bake at 170C for 10 mins

500g Tesco soft & creamy cheese (we originally used Philadelphia but has more carbs/sugar than tescos)
250g Ricotta
1/2 cup double cream
1 tbs vanilla essence
4 eggs
(splenda if you need - remember to add additional carbs)

Method:
Heat oven to 200C while you ......
Mix cheeses in a mixer. Stir in rest of ingredients
Put pie in oven and turn down to 130C for 1 hour
Chill

Total net carbs for whole recipe 35.4g ie 2.2g per serving

Toppings (depending on your spare carb avaibility):
sugar free jelly (hartleys little pot) stuck in mixer makes a perfect carb free sauce in whatever flavour
2 really thin slices of strawberries/fruit taste great and add 1-2 carbs
smother in stewed fruit, fresh fruit, any other delicious topping - BUT ONLY IF you are on maintenance or non atkins :D

Hi all.
Bought flax seeds today and have put them in my blender to make in to meal, but its just not happening, really gutted as i wanted to try out the mim tonight.
Anyone got any other ideas how to pulp the seeds?
Have tried the rolling pin as well.

thx.
looks like i will need to go and buy a coffee grinder, could think of worse things to spend my money on.

I just watched Jamie Oliver make this and thought it could be adapted:
Its super fast beef hash
500g minced beef
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 red onion (replace with spring onions to reduce carbs)
2 carrots (leave out for induction)
3 sticks of celery
A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
4 cloves of garlic
6 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (reduce as necessary)
A small bunch of parsley
Hash: Put the mince into the largest frying pan and break it up with a wooden spoon. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper and drizzle over some olive oil. Pick in the thyme leaves and cook until golden, stirring often.
Peel and halve the red onion. Wash and trim the carrots and celery, then slice all of them in the food processor and set aside. When the mince is golden, pick the rosemary leaves into the pan. Crush in the 4 unpeeled cloves of garlic and add 6 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce. Stir well, cook until nicely glazed, then add the sliced veg and stir again. Reduce the heat to medium and remember to toss often.
Finely slice the parsley. Add most of it to the hash pan, reserving a few leaves. Taste and correct the seasoning, then transfer it to a large serving platter.

Got my grinder today and have just made my first MIM, and was really wanting to know how much you can have in a day or in one sitting.I sliced a couple of pieces of and had it with 2 chicken thighs, some mayo and cheese and was actually stuffed before i even finished.
Anyway was just wondering how much i can have.
thx

Back